IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

i'm all for conspiracy theories created and spread by pro-gun lobbyists an' all, but how about all the times when a school has been shot up and no security policies were changed. how about dem apples huh? and how about the fact that having no restrictions on who can buy a gun makes them really fuckin' easy for total fruitloops to buy.

Quick question. I didn't wanna start a new topic...

http://youtu.be/ZdOQBq20UAI

^ What was the status on this track? I remember Rich spoke about it on Soundcloud but can't remember what was said. Was it his or Tom's? And is it getting released?

yes it's Richard's track and said he has it 'earmarked' for a release

Guest bitroast

I'd put money on it if it got an official release!

cum pipe dream = split album acid banger compiling all those old mystery banger tunes + others from afx and squarepusher released on warp.

if both are holding onto acid tracks in similar vein with no solid plans for releasing ?? *hint hint hint*

cum pipe dream = split album acid banger compiling all those old mystery banger tunes + others from afx and squarepusher released on warp.

if both are holding onto acid tracks in similar vein with no solid plans for releasing ?? *hint hint hint*

That split album idea has been my dream/hypothesis for months. Starts off with WARP20 acid track, goes into squelchy heaven, and then when you feel as though you don't need anything more in life, it gets dark and goes into those Drukqs era collab tracks, aka wheatpin_x vocaroo. :P

One can dream.

Edited by slate

isn't it a bit anti-watmm and anti-richard to be closing these links, they're not even offtopic, he would have posted those things on his soundcloud to get discussion going, therefore it's an insult to shut them down just because you (and mostly just you, this isn't done for anyone else's benefit) believe (in some religious revelatory way), that they are not kosher.

i wonder what aphex will do once his warp contract expires, i'd like to think he'd take a different approach and start releasing music on smaller labels and not release on warp again.

He does get hooked into a larger distribution network for his releases through warp you'd think. I'm all for what you are thinking (well unless it's a continuation of this hiding my releases under psuedonyms hide and seek bullshit, /waves fist in air (if there are any /waves smartarse finger in the air)), but there must be advantages to the warp thing, as long as he's getting a decent cut of the sales (something the meticulous artwork for syro really didn't breakdown as we didn't have an gross profit figure to work back from, spose the tax man would have liked to have seen that too, so maybe that's why, heh). Would be good if it stopped the current releases getting fukt off youflub due to heavy handed licence protection though. fans have got to be fans a little bit yanoe.

One can dream.

i wonder what aphex will do once his warp contract expires, i'd like to think he'd take a different approach and start releasing music on smaller labels and not release on warp again.

i wonder if he even has a contract with warp, they didn't seem to have a problem with him releasing on rephlex.

i'd love for him to release his more experimental stuff through smaller labels tough

Edited by Ivan Ooze

Meh I like Warp. Their releases have been a little iffy as of late (which is prob essential for staying afloat these days), but they still have a kickass artist roster. Plus they've always been good to our Richie.

Perhaps the ideal scenario would involve RDJ putting out main Aphex Twin albums on Warp, and EPs/experimental stuff/everything else on smaller labels. Basically what was happening back in the Rephlex days. One label alone isn't enough to keep up with his output.

Speaking of labels..... any mention of MEN records on SC channel by him? As in what-was-the-bleedin-story?

Fuckit i'll ask him...

Oh shit.. Boxenergy4remix1 is off SC now :(

Edited by phudoshin