IGNORED

Is marijuana use an unspoken rule for posting on WATMM?

Guest drukqs

5 hours ago, dingformung said:

Only a gayman could say something like this

Indeed! Let's embrace (at a distance, of course) the pansexuality of the unspoken rule (shhh) of (shhhit)posting on watmm (no homeopathy)

@diatoms hope your sesh was enjoyable and that you had a good night  ;~)

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, BobDobalina said:

Getting blazed right now but it's killing me that I can't have my usual whiskey accompaniment since I have bloodwork tomorrow. I actually just had bloodwork done 2 weeks ago ahead of my annual physical and fucked up by having a few drinks the night before, completely forgot I had to fast for a whole 12 hrs prior, not just overnight.  So tomorrow is makeup bloodwerk lol

nevermind the whiskey, that's some serious willpower right there to be able to resist eating something after getting thc'd. I don't remember it being a thing back when I was a young buck, but now it makes me hungry AF. maybe the ol' metabolism changed gears after passing the 4-0, I dunno, but I usually end up eating one too many a taco after taking an edible...

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-1002-5

Using the provincial birth registry containing information on cannabis use during pregnancy, we perform a retrospective analysis of all live births in Ontario, Canada, between 1 April 2007 and 31 March 2012. We link pregnancy and birth data to provincial health administrative databases to ascertain child neurodevelopmental outcomes. We use matching techniques to control for confounding and Cox proportional hazards regression models to examine associations between prenatal cannabis use and child neurodevelopment. 

We find an association between maternal cannabis use in pregnancy and the incidence of autism spectrum disorder in the offspring. 

The incidence of autism spectrum disorder diagnosis was 4.00 per 1,000 person-years among children with exposure compared to 2.42 among unexposed children, and the fully adjusted hazard ratio was 1.51 (95% confidence interval: 1.17–1.96) in the matched cohort. The incidence of intellectual disability and learning disorders was higher among offspring of mothers who use cannabis in pregnancy, although less statistically robust. We emphasize a cautious interpretation of these findings given the likelihood of residual confounding.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8121737/

Prenatal marijuana exposure and neonatal outcomes in Jamaica: an ethnographic study

Affiliations
  • PMID: 8121737

Abstract

Objective: To identify neurobehavioral effects of prenatal marijuana exposure on neonates in rural Jamaica.

Design: Ethnographic field studies and standardized neuro-behavior assessments during the neonatal period.

Setting: Rural Jamaica in heavy-marijuana-using population.

Participants: Twenty-four Jamaican neonates exposed to marijuana prenatally and 20 nonexposed neonates.

Measurements and main results: Exposed and nonexposed neonates were compared at 3 days and 1 month old, using the Brazelton Neonatal Assessment Scale, including supplementary items to capture possible subtle effects. There were no significant differences between exposed and nonexposed neonates on day 3. At 1 month, the exposed neonates showed better physiological stability and required less examiner facilitation to reach organized states. The neonates of heavy-marijuana-using mothers had better scores on autonomic stability, quality of alertness, irritability, and self-regulation and were judged to be more rewarding for caregivers.

Conclusions: The absence of any differences between the exposed on nonexposed groups in the early neonatal period suggest that the better scores of exposed neonates at 1 month are traceable to the cultural positioning and social and economic characteristics of mothers using marijuana that select for the use of marijuana but also promote neonatal development.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8121737/

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/1957518/

Five-year follow-up of rural Jamaican children whose mothers used marijuana during pregnancy

Affiliations
  • PMID: 1957518

Abstract

This research provides data on the development of 59 Jamaican children, from birth to age 5 years, whose mothers used marijuana during pregnancy. Approximately one-half of the sample used marijuana during pregnancy and were matched with non-users according to age, parity, and socioeconomic status. Testing of the children was done at 1, 3, and 30 days of age with the Brazelton Neonatal Behavioral Assessment Scales and at ages 4 and 5 years with the McCarthy Scales of Children's Abilities. Data about the child's home environment and temperament were collected from direct observations as well as from standardized questionnaires. The results show no significant differences in developmental testing outcomes between children of marijuana-using and non-using mothers except at 30 days of age when the babies of users had more favourable scores on two clusters of the Brazelton Scales: autonomic stability and reflexes. The developmental scores at ages 4 and 5 years were significantly correlated to certain aspects of the home environment and to regularity of basic school (preschool) attendance.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/1957518/

• Like 1

Turmeric(with black pepper) is the hottest new cure for autism. Vaping it is like PCP for the soul, and a great conversation starter. Everyone should have a Camelbak backpack sized cartridge of it at all times to ward off the evil spirits, goblins, and gargoyles of psychosexual bedlam that were let loose in our village by the paranormal nomadic tribes last Wednesday. Maggots appear in even the freshest food and the children are speaking languages they’ve never learned while they sleep. Sometimes at dusk, the same man appears in the distance and completely immolates himself when approached. So yeah, I’m glad weed is legal. 

3 minutes ago, Candiru said:

Turmeric(with black pepper) is the hottest new cure for autism. Vaping it is like PCP for the soul, and a great conversation starter. Everyone should have a Camelbak backpack sized cartridge of it at all times to ward off the evil spirits, goblins, and gargoyles of psychosexual bedlam that were let loose in our village by the paranormal nomadic tribes last Wednesday. Maggots appear in even the freshest food and the children are speaking languages they’ve never learned while they sleep. Sometimes at dusk, the same man appears in the distance and completely immolates himself when approached. So yeah, I’m glad weed is legal. 

giphy.gif

There was a really good episode of Weediquette all about pregnant women smoking pot for nausea during pregnancy, because Zofran has side effects that include birth defects.  And then all of the family court and related custody issues that ensue.

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Tim_J said:

Looks like really shitty weed... i mean, look at those stems...

haha, yeah, looks like the "schwag" weed I used to get back in the high school days. that crap was all bricked up, packed with stems & seeds, straight out of mexico, and tasted like shit. you could also smoke a ton of it, since THC content was very low.

damn, just thinking back on it makes my lungs hurt a little...BUT I have a bit of a soft spot for it, since that's what I started on.