IGNORED

‘Damogen Furies’ will be released via Warp Records 20 April. Download ‘Rayc Fire 2’ at squarepusher.net

Aphex_Squarepusher_Twin

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I searched the topic to see if anybody mentioned it and I'm a bit shocked that nobody did but Tom samples "AFX 114" in "Exjag Nives" beginning at 2:50. Going a bit further, the melody of the track is also heavily inspired by ".000890569" (AB3 track 6) imo. It really brought a smile to my face. I just bought the album and this is the first listen but so far, I'm really pleased. I love Squarepusher.

I swear the last track samples Autechre's m39 diffain, that ripping/tearing sound... Anyway it's really really similar at the very least.

Also nice find man it really is the same percussion loop lol

I searched the topic to see if anybody mentioned it and I'm a bit shocked that nobody did but Tom samples "AFX 114" in "Exjag Nives" beginning at 2:50. Going a bit further, the melody of the track is also heavily inspired by ".000890569" (AB3 track 6) imo. It really brought a smile to my face. I just bought the album and this is the first listen but so far, I'm really pleased. I love Squarepusher.

I swear the last track samples Autechre's m39 diffain, that ripping/tearing sound... Anyway it's really really similar at the very least.

Also nice find man it really is the same percussion loop lol

Only on "Baltang Arg" but will analyze. Take some more familiar ripping/tearing for now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVtEX1J7tXQ

Check 2:44 - 2:46 on D Frozent Arc and then compare it to m39 diffain (sound occurs a few times).

Seems like he sampled or made something very very similar.

speaking of AFX samples...

in kwang bass: do you hear this noise that sounds like the elephant scream in the AFX elephant tune?

probably a synthesized sound, but it reminds me of that anyway.

kwang bass is an awesome track. the only track that can rival with the drukqs tracks (the chaotic ending of cymru beats...)

better than steinvord and harrison george lol

quiet good album.

I could've sworn a chick driving in front of me on the way home had her window down rocking out while I was blasting DF in my car. Either that or it was her own music, who knows

So after giving this a few listens, I have to say it is better than I was expecting. But Rayc Fire 2 is still just awful. I don't know why that was the preview track. Forever skipped for me.

I've actually warmed up to Stor Eiglass a bit, the higher quality helped a lot. I don't know why people are surprised by the melody, sounds just like any melody off Hello Everything or Souvenir. Although The Cure comparison is pretty glaring.

Baltang Ort and Kwang Bass steal the show for me. Just relentless, aggressive, punishing Squarepusher like we all love. Definitely the kind of stuff I was hoping for in Ufabulum. And I actually like Kontenjaz! The sounds in it are great, very 16-bit Sega-esque, they make me happy. :)

However Exjag Nives and Baltang Arg I can't get into. Just way too commercial brosteppy. The composition and structure is still interesting and innovative, but the tone and execution just comes across as generic and unoriginal. So overall it's a mixed bag, but I generally like it. I only hope he migrates away from this style next, perhaps we can get something less electronic in the coming years. I'm still patiently waiting for SEB2!

How the same forum that can big-up the rdj soundcloud dump and pretty much any u-ziq releases can diss this album is beyond me. Methinks 'pusher needs his own forum softwares.

To be fair, most of the hate seems to be directed at rayc fire 2.

Not a whole lot of people straight dissing this album that I can see? =/

Guest bitroast

How the same forum that can big-up the rdj soundcloud dump and pretty much any u-ziq releases can diss this album is beyond me. Methinks 'pusher needs his own forum softwares.

To be fair, most of the hate seems to be directed at rayc fire 2.

Not a whole lot of people straight dissing this album that I can see? =/

kneejerk reactions to a different production style and "brostep" style sounds despite the overall tone and experimental nature of the music having absolutely nothing to do with "brostep". dismissive opinions not even worth dwelling on !! the albums a winner !!

Archived