IGNORED

Future Brown on Warp WTF?

o00o

you guys are such a bunch of wankers lol, when my wife is gonna hear that track she's gonna go vaginal bonkers and punch my ball

ya but you listen to kanye west... so..........

:psyduck::confuzzled:

lol

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol isn't it by bruce springsteen? :cerious:

actually now I don't know what you guys are referring to... I'm thinking of that annoying repetitive song where the guy says "born.... in the usa" like 41081298 times as the chorus.

I hope Fatima sees this thread and posts a 2300 word rebuttal on Facebook against WATMM, then you'll all be sorry!

heh maybe you can post a link to this thread on his/her page?

I'd love to see what he/she has to say!

i'm all for warp branching out and trying new things, but i expect the label to provide us interesting music, irrespective of genre. i can tolerate shit if it's new or experimental or at least offers something.

the core problem here is this track is utterly uninteresting.

people in ghettos been making some of the best music out there with cheap as fuck gear and these guys are trying so hard to get a forward thinking post-trap bullshit sound, memphis street mixtapes back in the 90s were way more "future" than this pretentious bourgeois trash

imo

indeed

Truth.

THIS and this is exactly how I feel about juke/footwork, various dance music genres from around the world, beat tape artists, vaporwave and other internet genres, etc. That music is often dodgey and mediocre, but it's still earnest and not built on PR, hype efforts and overwrought conceptional and aesthetic laboring, and when it is actually good and worthwhile, it's a far more apt for acclaim and actual, not payed for, critical appreciation.

Also, this move by WARP and likewise the convoluted promotion/PR relationship outlets like Boomkat, Red Bull, or any major journalism site (Pfork, Fader, etc) has with groups like Future Brown really make some of the earlier debates on WATMM seem quite silly. For example, in hindsight, the footwork trend Planet Mu pushed years ago seems a lot more sincere and worthwhile to me as an electronic fans compared to this and similar campaigns.

This album isn't as bad as we're making it out to be but everything surrounding the music just makes it an easy target.

Exactly. And those "positive" reviews aren't going to translate into any staying power. This is a blip on the radar.

Barely competent Millennials hype selves up their own asses, respond to criticism with "u mad bro," news at 11.

lol

I hope Fatima sees this thread and posts a 2300 word rebuttal on Facebook against WATMM, then you'll all be sorry!

heh maybe you can post a link to this thread on his/her page?

I'd love to see what he/she has to say!

born in usa best bob dylan song

LOL

umm actually that was Rick Springfield

LOL

lol isn't it by bruce springsteen? :cerious:

actually now I don't know what you guys are referring to... I'm thinking of that annoying repetitive song where the guy says "born.... in the usa" like 41081298 times as the chorus.

NO LOL :tongue:

umm actually that was Rick Springfield

no youre thinking of Rodney Springwheel

LOL

4/5 review of Future Brown by Financial Times. If there's one thing they've truly pushed, it's the thresholds of irony.

fucking 'ell, this is like when my dad started trying to listen to fatboy slim.

I'm trying to listen Fb yet...

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

No, that's Rick Nelson, Rick Wakefield sang Real American.

I wonder how these deals come into place. Did Steve Beckett agree to this or did he give away this responsibility to somebody else as he does not bother anymore? Is it a deal they have with someone?

EDIT EDIT: fuck these people, is what I’m saying

All the food I eat is future brown.

2future4brown

WATMM - summing things up succinctly since 2005 (1999)

EDIT EDIT: fuck these people, is what I’m saying

All the food I eat is future brown.

2future4brown

WATMM - summing things up succinctly since 2005 (1999)

psh i made an anal sex joke two pages back...where's my gold star?

Archived