IGNORED

will tom put out a good record ever again?

koolkeyZ865

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thought that pusher could come onto his own watmm subforum and see this at the top stresses me out :(

mods change thread title pls

suggestions - "Tom still makes good records but some people enjoy his older records more and that's alright everyone has preferences"

or

"vasio makes invalid statements that are full of errors about squarepoosher ablums and he definitely speaks autism wow what a great audience"  :catrecline:  :rolleyes:

Vasio says "sorry I don't speak autism" then posts like someone with said autism.

Makes you think.

Was just trying to write in a way you would understand. Anyway people are just virtue signaling at this point, Gong Acid is a great track you just don't get it, look how superior I am

His sound was always jungle with jazz which was what everyone was doing at the time and this is backed up by what he said in many interviews, sure there were other elements like acid but my point is still true but because it's not binary, it's too much for some people to get it because their brains just can't handle nuances.

Vasio says "sorry I don't speak autism" then posts like someone with said autism.

Makes you think.

Was just trying to write in a way you would understand. Anyway people are just virtue signaling at this point, Gong Acid is a great track you just don't get it, look how superior I am

His sound was always jungle with jazz which was what everyone was doing at the time and this is backed up by what he said in many interviews, sure there were other elements like acid but my point is still true but because it's not binary, it's too much for some people to get it because their brains just can't handle nuances.

Its only music mate...relax...

this thread reminded me that Tom, or someone pretending to be Tom (and doing a good job of it), wrote a lengthy philosophical spiel on the Squarepusher Wikipedia page a little over 10 years ago.

I like how no one has bothered to edit the wiki to add his last few albums.  ​Ah nevermind, I see it was an archived revision. 

Funny though.

ultravisitor is his best album

Ultravisitor has Steinbolt. The conclusion is obvious.

But there is no Windscale 2 contender yet.

Windscale 2017!

tom pls

His sound was always jungle with jazz which was what everyone was doing at the time 

Yeah everyone was doing that. EVERYONE. Most 90s producers sounded just like Squarepusher back then. 

Roni Size's SEMINAL "brown corduroy trousers" - for example - is basically a note for note version of Chin Hippy.

*yawns* yeah yeah got the message (a hundred times over), a contingent of watmm really don't like Squarepusher

don't continuously whine about it and just press play to summat else and chill

His sound was always jungle with jazz which was what everyone was doing at the time 

Yeah everyone was doing that. EVERYONE. Most 90s producers sounded just like Squarepusher back then. 

Roni Size's SEMINAL "brown corduroy trousers" - for example - is basically a note for note version of Chin Hippy.

lol yeah.

there was literally only a single other artist in the 90s that sounded anything like Squarepusher, and that was because they had clearly deliberately ripped him off, that person was The Clifford Gilberto Rhythm Combination (perfectly enjoyable album from him though, and used melodic samples in ways Squarepusher never did). early Amon Tobin albums were vaguely similar as well perhaps, but came nowhere close in terms beat programming, and the melodic stuff was all sample based too, so maybe not all that similar at all actually. there was loads of dnb/jungle which used jazz samples, but that's nothing like what he was doing, which was actually composing original music, like he's still doing today.

it's fine to not like the newer stuff for reasons of taste, or if the mixing sounds harsh to your ears or whatever (doesn't bother me, and couldn't you just play with the eq if that bothers you that much?), but it's simply factually inaccurate to state he's not got any new ideas, he's got loads, every album is stuffed full of them, they might be ideas that you don't like, and that's fine, but that's not any kind of objective judgement.

lol yeah.

there was literally only a single other artist in the 90s that sounded anything like Squarepusher, and that was because they had clearly deliberately ripped him off, that person was The Clifford Gilberto Rhythm Combination (perfectly enjoyable album from him though, and used melodic samples in ways Squarepusher never did). early Amon Tobin albums were vaguely similar as well perhaps, but came nowhere close in terms beat programming, and the melodic stuff was all sample based too, so maybe not all that similar at all actually. there was loads of dnb/jungle which used jazz samples, but that's nothing like what he was doing, which was actually composing original music, like he's still doing today.

it's fine to not like the newer stuff for reasons of taste, or if the mixing sounds harsh to your ears or whatever (doesn't bother me, and couldn't you just play with the eq if that bothers you that much?), but it's simply factually inaccurate to state he's not got any new ideas, he's got loads, every album is stuffed full of them, they might be ideas that you don't like, and that's fine, but that's not any kind of objective judgement.

speaking of Clifford Gilberto. 

He was supposed to have an album a year or two ago according to his artist profile on ninjatune. Which is kind of strange since he's off being an architect or engineer or whatever (I don't recall exactly). 

Semenal brown corduroy trousers

Ultravisitor is pure self indulgence, not many agree that this is a great release.

Hold on what

Loads of people think Ultravisitor is a great release. It was hugely acclaimed when it came out, and probably brought Tom a lot of new fans (I remember everybody I bloody knew suddenly being a fan in 2004). Loads of people in this thread have claimed that it's Hello Everything which started his downturn, suggesting that Ultravisitor is held in acclaim.

You talk the nonsense, sir.

Archived