IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

I believe someone already did that to get the 128 file we're listening to

if they did, cool. the file has the same name as the stream file so yeah.. but did they really? thought it's someone's pc system sound recording or something

I believe someone already did that to get the 128 file we're listening to

if they did, cool. the file has the same name as the stream file so yeah.. but did they really? thought it's someone's pc system sound recording or something

the 128 source file was cut in parts and reencoded into 320 mp3, if my info is correct

That is a different version, the first one we got was (most likely) a grab of the stream. Re-encoding will just introduce artifacts that we probably won't be able to hear anyway.

Watmm pls

Edited by Gocab

That is a different version, the first one we got was (most likely) a grab of the stream. Re-encoding will just introduce artifacts that we probably won't be able to hear anyway.

Watmm pls

Ere's a re-up of the first one that Gocab is referring to.  I'm pretty sure it's a stream grab as well.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/5ceevc

Okay, so yeah. Listened to this again and ...fuck. A few of the tracks aren't amazing but most all are at least pretty fucking great and some of them are really just, fucking top notch shit. And some are amazing. All the best stuff from elseq and AE_LIVE and Exai styles but taken even farther (maybe not farther than AE_LIVE, but sitting beside it, at least). Most importantly to me the tracks are presenting some real evolution and depth within them that I personally didn't get from much of elseq (and didn't much get nor expect from something like AE_LIVE). This mass of tunes is fucking dripping with attitude and confidence, and that's where they really excel imo. All their best stuff reeks of it, and this is definitely them in that area.

If they're hitting us with more tunes like this every week this month? fucking hell. Didn't they say in AAA or in the Resident Advisor elseq interview that they were basically to the point that they could just throw out an album in no time? Is that essentially what they're doing now anyway? I mean, yeah some of the sounds and ideas are being reassessed from previous work, but that doesn't degrade the value of it in this particular context. April 2018, Autechre creates new music live for two hours every week. What is this fucking world even.

We're living in crazy times people. I sound like a fucking douche, I'm only kinda sorry. But I'm really perplexed and interested in where this is all going. All other bullshit aside, they're at the top of their game and making some fucking nice tunes, that's all it comes down to.

Okay, so yeah. Listened to this again and ...fuck. A few of the tracks aren't amazing but most all are at least pretty fucking great and some of them are really just, fucking top notch shit. And some are amazing. All the best stuff from elseq and AE_LIVE and Exai styles but taken even farther (maybe not farther than AE_LIVE, but sitting beside it, at least). Most importantly to me the tracks are presenting some real evolution and depth within them that I personally didn't get from much of elseq (and didn't much get nor expect from something like AE_LIVE). This mass of tunes is fucking dripping with attitude and confidence, and that's where they really excel imo. All their best stuff reeks of it, and this is definitely them in that area.

If they're hitting us with more tunes like this every week this month? fucking hell. Didn't they say in AAA or in the Resident Advisor elseq interview that they were basically to the point that they could just throw out an album in no time? Is that essentially what they're doing now anyway? I mean, yeah some of the sounds and ideas are being reassessed from previous work, but that doesn't degrade the value of it in this particular context. April 2018, Autechre creates new music live for two hours every week. What is this fucking world even.

We're living in crazy times people. I sound like a fucking douche, I'm only kinda sorry. But I'm really perplexed and interested in where this is all going. All other bullshit aside, they're at the top of their game and making some fucking nice tunes, that's all it comes down to.

Let's hope for an itw at some point, I want to know more

FYI if you start the stream now it starts from the beginning (not sure if someone mentioned this already)

Correction - on my phone it started from the beginning but laptop it starts wherever it is

I thought the bit from around the hour mark and 20 minutes or so on was meandering for a bit too long tbh, but the rest is lushness. That stuff just didn't click with me, somehow.

Edited by Gocab

this is seriously messing with my head, i heard parts of the show in the shower, cereal bowl and woods today. makes me wonder just how the eff they're sequencing things