IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

Hey gonna listen in an hour or two, can anyone upgrade the files to FLACs so they sound better? Thanks!

lol

Hey gonna listen in an hour or two, can anyone upgrade the files to FLACs so they sound better? Thanks!

Yeah I'll just sprinkle some magical nullflakes over them now ... Do you want it in 5.1 surround as well ?

Fantastic. On repeat 4-9pm. So much FUN, laughter and delight. Encore. Encore for real!! ENCOREENCOREENCORE.

Pfff who listens to FLAC anyway? Real fans only listen to digital vinyls pressed straight from the stream!

yea the only interesting part of this is the reverb bursts around 55 mins or so and the ambient bit. would love an album like that.. the rest sounds rlly samey to me, doesnt compare to lp5 or confield stuff imo

What if this is the equivalent of Sean & Rob's SoundCloud dump, elseq era, and there's actually a completely different album waiting at the end of the month?

topkek

I captured the stream myself using analog loop back or whatever, outputs plugged to inputs, cuz I’ve

Had more success that way than direct digital bitstream capture on my rig. According to the reddit thread, the 128 mp3 is “the official stream file” a digital capture I guess. Yesterday in the car, the 128 mp3 was sounding a rolled off in the low end to me so I compared my recording with the 128....and they sound exactly alike. So I don’t think a FLAC or wav capture of this radio show would be an upgrade. Only lossless files from Mr. Booths and Mr. Browns would be an improvement...

Edited by monoppus

If someone could upscale the 96kbps stream recording to 24bit WAV, preferably around 1TB in size, I'd be very grateful thx

Yes please someone. my system isn’t resolving the transients

What if this is the equivalent of Sean & Rob's SoundCloud dump, elseq era, and there's actually a completely different album waiting at the end of the month?

topkek

yeah i mean all of this obviously still stems from AE_LIVE DNA, somehow i can't imagine another major release based on that. think of how reluctant they used to be "milking it", in their own words... and there's still onesix lying around somewhere...

anyhoo this is great musics and it'll be an exaiting month.

I happen to have trained a DNN to restore lossy files to what theyre supposed to be if they would be lossless. It even predicts the impact of room temperature on soundquality.

I used the software Audacity to export a double audiophile file (48 bits WAV no less). Took me 10 hours of rendering, but I had to delete the whole thing because I wasn't pleased with the look of the waveform.

Good work gentlemen if we can get even 34% of MQA depth here *maybe* a proper archival quality soundstage can be procured from these files. The midrange is speaking but the lossy “holes” are interrupting my jamming sesh

I manually filling in the frequencies lost to compression for a true audiophile experience. Download should be available in a couple months

Very curious to hear how that will sound! If I remember correctly they've been using The Designers Republic's hand drawn waveform for quite some time now and it brought interesting results.

if anyone interested, i did a quick editing in audacity, in mp3, total 9 tracks

https://we.tl/CoAlqdm1YZ

my lazy ass thanks you, can't wait to play it again
Happy to help my ae virtual friends in those good times !! :)

I’m not a pro and i did it on the go so don’t kill me if its not well cut

is this a cutup&recode of the 128 kbps file? or were you using a different source (320 kbps)? mp3 could be cut without having to recode, right?

creating an mp3 from a stream without the original file link is not necessarily easy. if the link isn't accessible (they're typically hidden these days) then i have to worry that someone recorded and reencoded.

there is a wav of a different capture about... 

anyway at least NTS is looping it so we can get the source mp3 PCM  eventually

where'd that wav come from, spi? donnervan? 

I A/B'ed the session 01 mp3 with that wav and there's a definite difference

what wav you talkin bout?

This wav from reddit, once volume matched, sound identical to the 128

Same for my analog looback 24 44 capture. all sound the same to me

Edited by monoppus

if anyone interested, i did a quick editing in audacity, in mp3, total 9 tracks

https://we.tl/CoAlqdm1YZ

my lazy ass thanks you, can't wait to play it again
Happy to help my ae virtual friends in those good times !! :)

I’m not a pro and i did it on the go so don’t kill me if its not well cut

is this a cutup&recode of the 128 kbps file? or were you using a different source (320 kbps)? mp3 could be cut without having to recode, right?

I found the full podcast in mp3 here in this thread, imported in audacity, chopped it in 9 tracks and did an export to get 9 files.

Was it wrong ? Am i going to hell for this ? Idm gods please help me :(

Yes you were wrong, you should start encodings from the best possible source. E.g. wave file here: https://www.reddit.com/r/autechre/comments/89zmq6/autechre_nts_residency_show_1_050418_discussion/dww7x75/

I am interested in a cuesheet, or at least the timing, can you provide it?

Since the stream already is lossy (I guess, did not look) the best would have been to directly rip the stream (I think vlc can do this) and e.g. if mp3, directly cut the mp3 without recoding (mp3directcut comes to mind).

But hey. All not too important IMO.

Edited by Guest