IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

this topic is not about oversteps

please guys stick to the rules

Lmao, sorry.

SO... NTS, right?!

Like WTF?!

I've had Trubile Epic Casual on repeat since I got home from work...

This track... HOLY fuck.

The reverb adds so much depth to it... Like hearing the sounds can make you picture thousands of feet below you as you soar through the atmosphere of this sparse landscape.

I thought Confield imbedded images of worlds into your brain like nothing else ever could, but this...

Hell... The whole 4 hours of this release is...

Mind-blowing.

Edited by Hk47

im like

uuuuuuuuuurrrrrkkkkk

Listening to NTS Season 2 does feel like self-punching in the face, it’s not exactly pleasant and not sure I wanna keep doing it...

Could really use some relax-o season 3 pls, Roberto and Samuel.

edit: urkkkkkkkkk

im like

uuuuuuuuuurrrrrkkkkk

Listening to NTS Season 2 does feel like self-punching in the face, it’s not exactly pleasant and not sure I wanna keep doing it...

Could really use some relax-o season 3 pls, Roberto and Samuel.

edit: urkkkkkkkkk

Ha... like punching yourself in the face, but in just the right spot - the spot that makes you smile uncontrollably, giggle a bit, and then want to punch yourself again and again?

Because that's where I'm at...

=P

+1 to all the Miles' analogies. I typically listen to Autechre as if I'm listening to jazz or jam band, rather than electronic music, generally speaking.

+2 to this and all the Miles comments over the last few pages.  Team "Got up with it"

Also, once youve binged listened to the complete in a silent way (3.5hrs )and bitches brew sessions (4.5hrs) NTS isnt so daunting

Actually considering taking Friday 27th off work so I can listen to all 8 hours of this uninterrupted.

I'm going to try and clear all my meetings this thursday morning so I can work from home and listen completely uninterrupted.

besides elseq for me its one of their most un-accessible releases, there is so much going on that i wish i had 2 more pairs of ears.

oh and regarding mindblowing electronic music i would definitely say opn (sound design is fking nxt lvl)

While NTS might not be their most accessible release to date, have you ever heard of this little album called Confield?

I find Confield much much more accessible than the NTS sessions thus far.

Yeah, while I don't find the NTS sessions particularly challenging, I agree. I was mystified when Confield was released and met with such controversy as it was. I found it to be pretty identifiable and logical as a follow up to everything that they'd done from '96 on. The consistently gritty, ominous emotional quality of the record seemed like more of a departure than shifts in the music itself. 

Now, NTS is a bit more minimal, so far, than what most of the recent live material might have us expect, but a lot of elseq is very minimal as well – some of it almost frustrating in that (part 3's 2nd track especially). I think some interesting self references are going on. Specifically familiar sounds recalling ep7, Quaristice, and Oversteps. Odd.

If I recall correctly, Untilted and Bitches Brew both 'unlocked' for me around the same time at the start of 2011. I was also getting more into hip hop and other Warps Records artists around that time. Funny how the brain unconsciously draws together unconscious semantic relations and comprehension experiences to process something.

Edited by Roo

Just took NTS2 out for a slow late morning summer cycle along miles of beachfront esplanade.

Officially mid-autumn, but average is still 25-30 degrees Celsius. Gorgeous hearing the stomping swag and lapping jam reverberate into one another whilst rolling along, basking in sights and sunshine. Couldn't help giggling as I zoomed past sunbakers and sandcastles to violvoic.

If I recall correctly, Untilted and Bitches Brew both 'unlocked' for me around the same time at the start of 2011. I was also getting more into hip hop and other Warps Records artists around that time. Funny how the brain unconsciously draws together unconscious semantic relations and comprehension experiences to process something.

I have a thesaurus too...

=P

No, I totally connect with this. The Untilted/Quaristice tours didn't click with me until right before Oversteps was released...

Funny how AE's music makes so much more sense after they've put out another album.

=P

Officially mid-autumn, but average is still 25-30 degrees Celsius.

Goddamn there's a lot of you aussies around here. Every time I think I've blocked every one of you, another shows up.  :nyan: 

That does sound lovely though :)

Yep, you northeners are going to summer album these sessions dry! Beach balls, jetskis and soaking sunshine and humidity.

Back in those days half of ae releases were 12-18 months before clicking, and the other half were immediate (Quaristice, Chiastic Slide, Draft 7.30). Even so, you find yourself returning to the latter and seeing them in an entirely different light, or appreciating a track more fully that you previously neglected.

This doesn't happen to me as often anymore, I think I digest releases more effectively and enthusiastically than I did way back then. I rarely distractedly listen to something 1-3 times then backburner it, I'll try to give it sufficient attempt to win me over and typically they do. Maybe preconceived expectations collapse or liquidate with age. Even so, you still find yourself listening to another release and going "I bet this clarifies and brings out things I overlooked on the previous release" (regardless of whether you loved it or didn't care for it).

Edited by Roo

NTS2 is their best flowing release to date. The way hour 1 perfectly finishes off with violvoic's as an climactic closer just wraps up a solid hour of mindmelting ae, then we transition into outerspace for their best ambient work ever, drifting into 9chro's abstract design and finally sailing off into space with turbile epic casual, stpl idle... such amazing cinematic sequencing.

NTS2 is their best flowing release to date. The way hour 1 perfectly finishes off with violvoic's as an climactic closer just wraps up a solid hour of mindmelting ae, then we transition into outerspace for their best ambient work ever, drifting into 9chro's abstract design and finally sailing off into space with turbile epic casual, stpl idle... such amazing cinematic sequencing.

The tracks almost reverberate into one another, the sequencing is indeed amazing. There are times I get paranoid that the current track is a variation on elements of the previous track, and on it goes, as if NTS2 was evolving in your ears. And given their recent preoccupation with jams and edited live sequences, it captures some truth.

Edited by Roo

Officially mid-autumn, but average is still 25-30 degrees Celsius. Gorgeous hearing the stomping swag and lapping jam reverberate into one another whilst rolling along, basking in sights and sunshine. Couldn't help giggling as I zoomed past sunbakers and sandcastles to violvoic.

Nice. We woke up to 10mm of ice covering every surface. Power lines were down all over the city, took me almost half an hour to chip all the ice off my car.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/ottawa-s-april-2018-ice-storm-in-pictures-and-video-1.4575934

Nice. We woke up to 10mm of ice covering every surface. Power lines were down all over the city, took me almost half an hour to chip all the ice off my car.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/ottawa-s-april-2018-ice-storm-in-pictures-and-video-1.4575934

fucking ice can suck.  even if you're used to dealing w/it it's a drag. 

hoping for some merch to commemorate this work. pls less TDR minimalism and more gnarly tag designs or something.

almost as retarded as having an opinion on newly released music is wanting a t-shirt tbqh. You sure you've let the music sink in enough to want some merch? I mean, it's only been a few weeks. How could you possibly know you like the music enough to want some merch? =/

I'm honestly finding it laughable how you could want some related merch without enough time for the NTS sessions to sink in. Happy you've been able to make enough criticisms of the new material that you could invest in some merch in this short time frame. Crazy how you like it enough in such a short time frame that you're plugging merch now. Is it possible you've made a critical assessment since the first sesh was released? 

Sound familiar?

/point made.

You can get off your listening high horse for those of us that have heard the first couple sessions, and don't enjoy them as much as you. No need to tell people to fuck off or call them retarded. Just saying. 

Unless you're doing the same thing in an OPN thread, then godspeed homie.

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

Merch (t-shirt+earrings+stickers+AE styled sports car+AE approved turntables) + ltd 50 pressing/max platinum plated lp vinyl box set with diamond inlay can spend $80,000 on...

BRING IT REN+SHAWNPY!!!