IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

A++ thumbs up 100 to the last two posts^^ Salv and DM

Personally I'm taking a day off from the NTS stuff. Trying to. May try and make it two days, if I can make it through today without caving in.

Yep Known(1) is ace. I love the squiggly solo voice.

Was listening to On The Corner in the car today. Similarities between electric Miles and autechre really struck me. Especially listening to Mr Freedom X/Helen Butte in comparison to, say, t1a1. The long form exploration of a single theme, retaining the same groove throughout but constantly shifting rhythms and texture. Similarities in form and content.

Also my wife hates autechre and Miles (actually, all jazz) equally.

I have similar (but different) feelings with AE_Live too, like hearing different contemporaneous recordings of jazz groups playing the same material but completely differently every time.

Yep Known(1) is ace. I love the squiggly solo voice.

Was listening to On The Corner in the car today. Similarities between electric Miles and autechre really struck me. Especially listening to Mr Freedom X/Helen Butte in comparison to, say, t1a1. The long form exploration of a single theme, retaining the same groove throughout but constantly shifting rhythms and texture. Similarities in form and content.

Also my wife hates autechre and Miles (actually, all jazz) equally.

I have similar (but different) feelings with AE_Live too, like hearing different contemporaneous recordings of jazz groups playing the same material but completely differently every time.

Nice shout, I've noticed the similarity with later electric Miles and AE, too.  Slightly shifting grooves with painterly applications of unusual musical phrasings and tones, escape scapes.  On the Corner makes me feel like I'm in the middle of a road with groups of people fighting on each side, totally paranoid.  The only two times I almost had a soulshifting panic attack at work were with On the Corner and AE_LIVE_DUBLIN.

Yeah completely paranoid car chase music. I have borrowed a car ATM and all the music I have in it is a boxset of late Miles and a boxset of Otis Redding. Covering a lot of bases right there.

Could stretch the analogy (in a silent way::oversteps, bitches brew::exai) but that is probably a bit much.

known(1) is still my least fav overmoves track

Maybe mine too? I like it, I just don't like it on the album, it sort of stands out in a funny way production-wise or something? Or the way the song feels comparatively. I kinda feel the same with Treale/d-sho qub too though. Anyway. 

if you like on the corner era miles you should check out "Big Fun" and also "Panthallassa - the music of miles of davis" by bill laswell. 

laswell got access to all the original tapes from on the corner, in a silent way etc sessions and put them together and mixed them to represent something closer to what took place in the studio.  it's one of my favorite releases in any genre. but.. 'Big Fun' is epic as well..  it's deep in the heroin vibes. 

Yeah Big Fun was also in the boxset, along with OTC, Jack Johnson (which I already had) and Water Babies. Not bad for like 12 quid.

Need to hit Dark Magus, Agharta/Pangaea and Black Beauty too. All in good time tho, I have a lot of autechre to listen to atm, y'know?

known(1) is still my least fav overmoves track

Maybe mine too? I like it, I just don't like it on the album, it sort of stands out in a funny way production-wise or something? Or the way the song feels comparatively. I kinda feel the same with Treale/d-sho qub too though. Anyway. 

same here. it's not that bad i just dont like as much as i do other tracks on oversteps (overmoves).

but i think it's the melody that bothers me the most

i just can't express how happy i am with the nts tracks, first thing i put on when i wake up and now there's 4 more hours to come, unholy shiiieet

tenor.gif?itemid=4882468

yeh we sure are a blessed bunch these days.

Yeah, i totally love Known(1), i was reading The Black Arrow : A tale of the two roses by Stevenson when Oversteps came out, so yeah i was in full chilvalry mode.

=O

Awesome fit.

When elseq came out, I was reading Seveneves.

=P

my least favorite part on oversteps is when the album ends

Agreed...

And Known(1) is absolutely my favorite track on that album...

Otherworldly... Fucking amazing.