IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

If 9 chr0 is pronounced “nine crow” is this a mutation of Nancarrow, as in Conlon Nancarrow?

Fuck it’s such a good track. Not many cat sounds in this one....more like singing growling dogs.

Having trouble cohesively expressing thoughts and feelings about the music so far.. I enjoy reading all the discussion and silliness here. Freaking out as we all hear it for the first time together *in real time* is some fun shit. Come on Thursday!

If 9 chr0 is pronounced “nine crow” is this a mutation of Nancarrow, as in Conlon Nancarrow?

Fuck it’s such a good track. Not many cat sounds in this one....more like singing growling dogs.

Having trouble cohesively expressing thoughts and feelings about the music so far.. I enjoy reading all the discussion and silliness here. Freaking out as we all hear it for the first time together *in real time* is some fun shit. Come on Thursday!

<cuddle up to all of you making one big ball of AUTECHRE LOVE!!!>

=D

A few seconds before bqbqbq starts playing:

https://i.imgur.com/6FSRnzZ.gifv

Lmao

I'm doing a fair bit of driving this week in regional Australia for 2 hour lots at a time. No reception in these areas so I can't even be productive in any way whilst on the road. Being paid to listen to Autechre has never been better

=P

Lucky fuck!

I'm doing a fair bit of driving this week in regional Australia for 2 hour lots at a time. No reception in these areas so I can't even be productive in any way whilst on the road. Being paid to listen to Autechre has never been better

I haven't done any long drives while listening to them yet, but they seem absolutely perfect for it. So many Aussies around here though, my god. Y'all are all pretty nice, at least.

A few seconds before bqbqbq starts playing:

https://i.imgur.com/6FSRnzZ.gifv

lmao I'm pretty sure that's the new mark 3 Maschine too, $600, sinking.

Hm perhaps? I'm not familiar with his work though so I couldn't even hazard a guess as to any connection implied. I was thinking it was partly a twist on Autechre actually, somehow. e=0, e0?? but then Aute=9 and no fucking clue there. Anyway.

Yeah I'll hold off on the drives until the CDs arrive, a few months later with a different sound arrangement to headphones, something to look forward to.

My car can chew up the upcoming Monae and Monkeys in the meantime. Woodface and Penny Century have been dominating my car since the new year, love to revisit Aussie favourites in the summery Jan-March period, the car is thirsty for something different.

Something struck me as a mild annoyance today, that I realized has kind of been the case for many tracks here on NTS, as well as elseq. That's the boys' cavalier attitude towards extremely loud high frequency noises. I can't find many examples off the top of my head except gonk steady one at 16:15 (and plenty of other parts) and mesh cinereaL's general high end loudness but I know I've had this thought many times while listening to the NTS sessions the last few days. I'm sitting there listening at work and I feel like I've really gotta just turn the volume down all of the sudden because of some unexpected 2-4khz burst of loud noise.

This is not a get off my lawn thing, I actually think NTS is shaping up to be my fav ae release yet, and gonk steady one is probably my fav track of the lot so far, but that high end stuff is really grating on my ears.

Does anyone else feel this way or am I broken?

Edited by thehauntingsoul

Something struck me as a mild annoyance today, that I realized has kind of been the case for many tracks here on NTS, as well as elseq. That's the boys' cavalier attitude towards extremely loud high frequency noises. I can't find many examples off the top of my head except gonk steady one at 16:15 (and plenty of other parts) and mesh cinereaL's general high end loudness but I know I've had this thought many times while listening to the NTS sessions the last few days. I'm sitting there listening at work and I feel like I've really gotta just turn the volume down all of the sudden because of some unexpected 2-4khz burst of loud noise.

This is not a get off my lawn thing, I actually think NTS is shaping up to be my fav ae release yet, and gonk steady one is probably my fav track of the lot so far, but that high end stuff is really grating on my ears.

I think it's meant to be intense. When I'm stressed out strong and intense stimuli can annoy me. But often they excite me. And these passages you are talking about happen very planned and in the right places. But I understand what you mean

edit: Maybe your gear is weirdly EQ'd too?

Edited by darreichungsform

Hey,

You are not alone in that . I find it really hard to listen to Mesh CinereaL as it almost 'hurts' my ears / brain... i've wondered if it is just a pain of processing that weird resonance effect (i.e. my brain hurts when it processes the visual)  or if its actually my cells dying from being exposed to loud high freqs. I haven't had the exact same effect listening to this one yet but have found myself turning it up and turning it down so now you mention it there is probably something to it. 

I'm seeing them in a few months and can only imagine that wearing ear plugs is a bad idea but don't wanna get an audio spear through my head either ... anyone had experience in a live setting recently and if plugs are in fact a terrible , terrible idea. 

Last time i wore plugs was at Sunn o))) and thank Christ i was. I took them out just for a little bit at one time and felt my brain being carved out

I find that live music almost always sounds better with earplugs anyway. Like, you can hear the entire spectrum much more clearly where I find things get particularly distorted without earplugs a lot of the time.

That said, I've seen them live thrice now and I don't think I had earplugs any of the times. It was loud sure, but not like legal liability loud like some of the metal shows I've been to.

I would say bring a set, and compare. If it sounds fine with them in, do your ears a favor and wear them.

I went to a metal show when I was 20 ish, and I stood right next to a PA there for the hour or so of the set.

TO THIS DAY I find everything I listen to sounds slightly louder in my right ear than my left, to the extent that I sometimes use EQ to pan music to the left a little just so it sounds balanced for me.

I wish I had worn earplugs. Now that I generally do wear them, I find I enjoy the shows better and can hear things much more clearly.

Just took NTS2 out for a slow late morning summer cycle along miles of beachfront esplanade.

Officially mid-autumn, but average is still 25-30 degrees Celsius. Gorgeous hearing the stomping swag and lapping jam reverberate into one another whilst rolling along, basking in sights and sunshine. Couldn't help giggling as I zoomed past sunbakers and sandcastles to violvoic.

Thats funny cos we just got a foot of snow here and i was walking around yesterday thinking of how beautiful it looks and listneing to the NTS sessions was very fitting :P and it's about 0° – -3° outside.

Help

A piano is the back of xflood... am i alone to hear that ?

Sounds like someone wandering with one fing on a keyboard from time to time kik

Definitely, I hear it throughout the track when I listen. Really adds to the creepiness.

Edited by seaburn

Just took NTS2 out for a slow late morning summer cycle along miles of beachfront esplanade.

Officially mid-autumn, but average is still 25-30 degrees Celsius. Gorgeous hearing the stomping swag and lapping jam reverberate into one another whilst rolling along, basking in sights and sunshine. Couldn't help giggling as I zoomed past sunbakers and sandcastles to violvoic.

Thats funny cos we just got a foot of snow here and i was walking around yesterday thinking of how beautiful it looks and listneing to the NTS sessions was very fitting :P and it's about 0° – -3° outside.

haha I was thinking the same thing, just one of those releases which fittingly soaks up every setting. As I was typing it makes a great summer release, I was imagining how equally awesome it would be in chillier climes and more nocturnal times. Look forward to those feels in a couple months.

=X

I wear ear plugs when listening through speakers too...

If it's coming from the outside of my plugs, it's music, if it's coming from the inside. I'm just hearing shit...

Psychiatric evaluation X 2 here I come....

On another note... The 3D modeling of these tracks is crazy... I keep turning around thinking I'm hearing something that's not there...

AE makes my schizophrenia act up...