IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

okay well after a listen, tt1pd is a fuckin monster but nothing else really grabbed me and had that head warping effect. definitely a more muted set, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but NTS2 is still the clear winner for me. (and acid mwan idle was wayyy too long; should have been a sweet couple minute interlude like the ones on NtS2).

thus far, I can see shimripl and splesh getting a lot of early plays.

All in all, more on the level of an EP or lesser elseq (for now), but heaps to explore.

I thought the first hour was absolutely crushing. Loved the first and third track a ton. I had to drop off after about an hour but it was some industrial kind of beat but had some piecing highs. At that point Inwas on low volume before having to hit a meeting though.

To me the best track of all these sets is still the first of the first session. 't1a1' is simply incredibly satisfying to listen to; it sounds so meaty and thick, and though it seems minimal every 'thwack' is different and it has variety aplenty within its constraints. It didn't blow me away that much initially, but now remains my most listened to track. It is sonically so juicy, so heavy, so 'easy' on the ears and funky but as weird and wonky as any other Ae. The best hip hop track ever...

Really underrated, I think! Anyone else love t1a1 ?? ?

Edited by Lianne

With NTS2 I immediately gravitated to the center (Gonk tuf hi through e0) whereas with this it is all about the opening three and closing two bookends for now. NTS3 sets the pace, but I'll need to listen to the central tracks a few more times to put this up with NTS1 or 2.

To me the best track of all these sets is still the first of the first session. 't1a1' is simply incredibly satisfying to listen to; it sounds so meaty and thick, and though it seems minimal every 'thwack' is different and it has variety aplenty within its constraints. It didn't blow me away that much initially, but now remains my most listened to track. It is sonically so juicy, so heavy, so 'easy' on the ears and funky but as weird and wonky as any other Ae. The best hip hop track ever...

Really underrated, I think! Anyone else love t1a1 ?? ?

Yes, t1a1 is a very nice track that has a lot of subtle changes in it while it feels emptier than most of the other tracks but not in a bad way. Did you also like the first track of NTS 3 as much as I do? These gnarly sounds are so weird yet oddly funky. Damn, I love AE more than any other music. I could listen to it all day.  All these variations and interesting atmospheres. AE manage to make outstanding music that surprises me with every listen, it is so fucking original it makes me cum

I agree about t1a1. was so empty at first but it was the opening to an 8 hour album. it's def a grower though.

glos ceramic is deece as fuck. so different. super thick.

the end is totally in recks on territory

Edited by jules

didn't get a chance to tune in to the show last night but I dl'd it first thing this morning and will listen as soon as I'm home. wish the shows didn't start at 1AM here.

I do have to say, their sense of pacing is just unbelievable. I'm so glad they broke out of the typical album format. This month has just been ridiculous. Grand scale shit.