1DLi7uL.jpg

3984022848_36c4c2f8aam8di0.jpg

As 2019 approaches, the realisation that close to 10 years has passed since Warp20 is... quite a sobering thought. I remember Warp20 being quite the celebration by Warp; a massive and lavish box set was released with some special treats (Autechre - Oval Moon (IBC Mix), wew), plenty of live shows (including a memorable night at Sheffield's Magna - that Squarepusher set remains etched in my mind to this day), screenings at Park Hill Flats and the pop-up Warp shop... everything related to Warp20 just had a good vibe to it.

Warp30 approaches. Will we see as much fervour and exaitment as Warp20? I'd like to think Warp will want to go large again, in one way or another. In the meantime, consider this a nostalgia thread if nothing else. I'll pull some old related pics and stuff from the archive, if only to have a little corner of watmm dedicated to some good ol' Warpy times. Feel free to do likewise!

In that spirit, here's an old pinch of mine from 2009 - it was screened the Friday before the main weekend celebrations in Sheffield (I think I've seen a similar rip surface on youtube before, but in worse quality)

Artwork

XVXUH64.jpg

44pde30.jpg

41zcFC0.jpg

lW7q6Sx.jpg

Cm0WEbt.jpg

lzZ3Ku5.jpg

PPMvHlO.jpg

LKcYYQi.jpg

DVwM1jH.jpg

bKMPAwP.jpg

Vu7hSK7.jpg

4Uonf3d.jpg

WqgVYzm.jpg

urBqD5e.jpg

long live warp records!!

from the bottom of my heart, thank you for supporting true artists and my eternal wanks for all life full of amazing drugs records

your costumer

ooze

Warp20 celebrations were awesome. I went to the pop-up shop in Sheffield and bought a Warp book, the Geogaddi promo vinyl, and a T-Shirt I think?

Also went to the screening of videos at Park Hill, where they played Parisian Goldfish video in full, in public, in full view of residents of Park Hill. Fucking lol.

The actual gig was incredible - Squarepusher and Andrew Weatherall were the highlights for me. I stayed at the front the entire 8 hours. I was awake for 32 hours. The coach ride back to Sheffield city centre felt like a fucking AGE.

Warp20 was precisely the time when I got into that label (via Squarepusher). My introduction to IDM (well, more or less) has been the Warp20 (Classics) compilation. I then bought the Warp20 CD packs of Autechre and BoC, and eventually suscribed to WATMM few months later lol

The Warp20 box was great, not sure if we will see the like of it again. I seem to remember Steve Beckett saying something about the amount of effort it took to do that boxset and not wanting to do it again, hence why no physical stuff for Warp25?

Fingers crossed I’m wrong and we get “something”

The Warp20 box was great, not sure if we will see the like of it again. I seem to remember Steve Beckett saying something about the amount of effort it took to do that boxset and not wanting to do it again, hence why no physical stuff for Warp25?

To be honest, I’d prefer something intangible anyway. Like a fucking bitchin gig again. Seriously, that night in Sheffield was incredible. The space of that warehouse just completely filled with people, it was great.

To be honest, I’d prefer something intangible anyway. Like a fucking bitchin gig again. Seriously, that night in Sheffield was incredible. The space of that warehouse just completely filled with people, it was great.

Really wish I'd made the trip to Sheff, only about an hour and a half away.

I'm just a sucker for physical items, especially beautifully designed boxsets of unreleased nuggets.

Ohh one look at my collection will out me as a collector of ‘aesthetic’ items also.

However, I have just spent money on Autechre, Aphex, there’s going to be another Fonolith release soon, etc.

I don’t wanna drop another £100+ on a box set anytime soon. I do, however, want an excuse to meet up with loads of people passionate about music that I’m into.

Fingers crossed Warp30 delivers on all fronts

this, was a little bit disappointed by warp 20 (except for that godtier Squarepusher performance and Autechre unreleased track) mainly because they're signing almost exclusively shitty artist since 15 years . Hope we'll see an homage to Mark Bell , without LFO there would be no Warp record.

this, was a little bit disappointed by warp 20 (except for that godtier Squarepusher performance and Autechre unreleased track) mainly because they're signing almost exclusively shitty artist since 15 years . Hope we'll see an homage to Mark Bell , without LFO there would be no Warp record.

I would love a soundboard of (what turned out to be his last performance) at Warp20. And yes, there's def some cruft in the boxset

Edit: At least they have 0PN now and er...

I would love a soundboard of (what turned out to be his last performance) at Warp20. And yes, there's def some cruft in the boxset

Edit: At least they have 0PN now and er...

yeah big OPN fan here ! Also the first jackson and his computer band album was a personal fav but it was 13 years ago ! Maybe flying lotus and that's it, everything else is meh

I can't think of anyone else they've signed recently (last 5 years or more) I want to hear more of. Does Mark Pritchard count?

yeah Mark Pritchard of course ! Much respect to the man !

Archived