IGNORED

Forum Discussion/Issues

Joyrex

always good to test upgrades locally and separate concerns so you can upgrade your application code without affecting your database and vice versa.

second of all either virtualization or automated server provisioning would allow you to spin up a newly upgraded server and test it out on a preview url before pointing production traffic to it.

• Like 3

Honestly thought I was banned after my Killing of Kanye West comment ? Which to be fair was a bit stupid. But you know I’m an expert on doing random stupid things, and that’ll likely never change. Glad everything is back and running ok ? 

Who will I talk to about music if there’s no watmm? Errr. No one!

Hail watmm ? 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, exitonly said:

always good to test upgrades locally and separate concerns so you can upgrade your application code without affecting your database and vice versa.

second of all either virtualization or automated server provisioning would allow you to spin up a newly upgraded server and test it out on a preview url before pointing production traffic to it.

You telling the big dog how to run his silly little idm Website? Instant ban imo

• Haha 4

Ouch, so 32-bit Ubuntu ≤ 16.04 LTS

If I remember rightly too, there's no direct upgrade jump from a really old version straight to very latest; you have to upgrade to the next iteration each time.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, exitonly said:

Yes, in an ideal world, that is exactly how it should be done - this is honestly the first major server upgrade we've needed or had, so there never really was a compelling reason to do exactly what you're describing.

3 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Yes, in an ideal world, that is exactly how it should be done - this is honestly the first major server upgrade we've needed or had, so there never really was a compelling reason to do exactly what you're describing.

if you ever need any help, advice etc hit me up

14 hours ago, Joyrex said:

this is honestly the first major server upgrade we've needed or had

sooo when you opened up the server it must have been held together by essines's hair, jedy's ball hair, and xelah's bike chain?

• Haha 2
  • Burger 1

• 3 weeks later...

809669585_Screenshot2022-12-28at03_11_24.png.0793e7ff0753c3763c55925812999df6.png

This problem is persistent and has gotten worse because now the text prevents clicking on the icon that takes you to the first unread post.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm feeling very old and my body is falling apart. Maybe try to patch user health and wellbeing somehow?

• Like 7