IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

It is really hard as well, not nice and dangly like it usually is :catcry:

I'm p jealous of everyone who has been vaxxed. I really thought I would've been done by now, given how important I am.

I've even got a letter that says I'm a key worker, which I used once in april 2020 to skip the queue outside m&s so I could buy crisps quicker

• Like 1
  • Big Brain 1

Read last night that New York is getting ready to open up again. Do any of you who live in big cities feel comfortable going out again?

Things are *almost* back to normal here - at least on some level - and the other day I witnessed two women in a line almost getting into a fight because the woman in the front asked the other woman to keep her distance.

The other day I was invited to a tiny release party for a video game and met a bunch of new people. Everyone hugged and shaked hands. When I Ieft I felt like I had been molested and infested with all the diseases in the world.

• Like 2
  • Burger 1

26 minutes ago, Satans Little Helper said:

And this guy still got a record number of votes during the last election. And could run for office again in 2024. Sometimes the reality can be worse than your imagination. ?

IQ-Bell-Curve-w-Scores.jpg

That low part of the curve is MEATY and packed with tons of voters.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Squee said:

Read last night that New York is getting ready to open up again. Do any of you who live in big cities feel comfortable going out again?

I feel that California is opening too fast. Feels like they've set some arbitrary time and are doggedly adhering to that goal. SF is in the yellow tier (least restrictive tier) starting this week, and I think LA is moving there soon, so maybe I'm wrong.

2 hours ago, Braintree said:

I feel that California is opening too fast. Feels like they've set some arbitrary time and are doggedly adhering to that goal. SF is in the yellow tier (least restrictive tier) starting this week, and I think LA is moving there soon, so maybe I'm wrong.

Same here in NJ.  Seems all quite arbitrary and not set by any relevant metrics.

At my workplace, we're still in wave 1 (people who need the facilities to do their jobs, luckily that includes me) and nowhere close to beginning wave 2 because that milestone is actually based on positivity rates in the state, which haven't come close to being in a good place.

portland is back in high risk or extreme risk or whatever.. reduced capacity etc than previous ranking... cases are spiking here. 

i know a lot of people who've gotten vaccinated though. so that's good. 

20 hours ago, Satans Little Helper said:

And this guy still got a record number of votes during the last election. And could run for office again in 2024. Sometimes the reality can be worse than your imagination. ?

not a record because the other guy got 7 million more

also the 14th amendment prevents insurrectionists from running for office. and the most bipartisan senate vote in the last 3 years was that trump incited insurrection.

Edited by very honest
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, very honest said:

not a record because the other guy got 7 million more

Not sure if going pedantic here makes any sense, but he has the record number of votes for a GOP candidate. And apart from Biden had the highest number of votes. Fair to call it a record imo. Or case in point: WTF.

Also:

At the conclusion of the trial, the Senate voted 57–43 to convict Trump of inciting insurrection, falling 10 votes short of the two-thirds majority required by the Constitution, and Trump was therefore acquitted. Seven Republican senators joined all Democratic and independent senators in voting to convict Trump, the largest bipartisan vote for an impeachment conviction of a U.S. president.

Reads like he was acquitted. Am I missing something? Acquitted means he can still run for office, right?

2 hours ago, Satans Little Helper said:

Not sure if going pedantic here makes any sense, but he has the record number of votes for a GOP candidate. And apart from Biden had the highest number of votes. Fair to call it a record imo. Or case in point: WTF.

Also:

Reads like he was acquitted. Am I missing something? Acquitted means he can still run for office, right?

true, he had record turnout for a republican, while getting 5% less of the popular vote than biden.

he was acquitted because conviction requires two thirds but i was pointing out the remarkable bipartisan agreement that he incited insurrection. 57 of 100 is not two thirds but that is still a remarkably bipartisan majority. i brought this up in the context of the 14th amendment.

Edited by very honest

Thought I was asking a straight question. So I'll repeat: Acquitted means he can still run for office, right?

Either a "yes" or "no" will be fine. Not interested to expand my knowledge beyond that, tbh. I'm currently in an instant gratification mood.

Thank you.

23 minutes ago, Satans Little Helper said:

Thought I was asking a straight question. So I'll repeat: Acquitted means he can still run for office, right?

Either a "yes" or "no" will be fine. Not interested to expand my knowledge beyond that, tbh. I'm currently in an instant gratification mood.

Thank you.

he was not disqualified by impeachment conviction

he is disqualified according to the 14th amendment because he participated in an insurrection. regardless of your willful ignorance.

i thought they actually had to complete some formal proceedings to bring the 14th amendment into play? afaik he can run again if he wants. there's nothing stopping him from doing that. NPR was just talking about this morning. the senate would have to vote to bar him from holding office in the future. 

he was impeached but not convicted. if he would've been convicted they could've removed him from office. as for the 14th amendment i don't think they dotted the i's and crossed the t's there to ban him from holding office. 

https://www.newsweek.com/will-donald-trump-run-again-president-2024-1569321

When it came to it, 57 senators voted to convict Trump, 10 short of the super-majority needed to pass the motion, while 43 voted to acquit him.

So can Donald Trump now stand for re-election in 2024 and will he? As it stands, he is free to do so, though his path back to the Oval Office is not yet completely clear.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election/trump-2024-president-run-again-b1793138.html

The impeachment by the House alone will not prevent Mr Trump from running for office a second time, as that decision rests with the US Senate.

Following a trial, the Senate needs a two-thirds majority of its 100 members to vote in favour of the conviction of the president and the penalty is removal from office.

If convicted, the Senate also has the option to vote to disqualify the president from holding public offices in the future, in which case he would be prohibited from running again in 2024.

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1

Thanks! Clear answers!

41 minutes ago, very honest said:

he was not disqualified by impeachment conviction

he is disqualified according to the 14th amendment because he participated in an insurrection. regardless of your willful ignorance.

You can write it off as wilful ignorance, if you so desire. If that floats your boat, go at it. I was just looking for a straight answer to a simple question.

46 minutes ago, Braintree said:

the first article notes the 14th amendment applies and is actively being considered. 

the second article doesn't mention it

1 minute ago, very honest said:

the first article notes the 14th amendment applies and is actively being considered. 

the second article doesn't mention it

It says this in the first article.

Despite these hurdles, with impeachment out of the way Trump is currently clear to stand for President again in 2024. The question now is: Will he?

And says this at the beginning of the second.

The impeachment by the House alone will not prevent Mr Trump from running for office a second time, as that decision rests with the US Senate.

Following a trial, the Senate needs a two-thirds majority of its 100 members to vote in favour of the conviction of the president and the penalty is removal from office.

If convicted, the Senate also has the option to vote to disqualify the president from holding public offices in the future, in which case he would be prohibited from running again in 2024.

Pfizer’s ex-Vice President and Chief Scientist:

I’m guessing just about everybody here has made up their minds about all this so I’m not sure who I’m posting it for. flame on ?

Edited by Claudius t Ansuulim
  • Facepalm 1