IGNORED

Support Artists During Covid-19 Pandemic on Bandcamp

Nebraska

I'm gonna buy the Photodementia LP, at last lol.

By the way, does anybody has recommendations of synths "avant garde" albums ? (à la OPN, Lorenzo Senni, Susanne Ciani for exemple) from artists they like, available on Bandcamp but not on the usual streaming services ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stock said:

By the way, does anybody has recommendations of synths "avant garde" albums ? (à la OPN, Lorenzo Senni, Susanne Ciani for exemple) from artists they like, available on Bandcamp but not on the usual streaming services ?

https://transversales.bandcamp.com/album/rock

This one is great!

1 hour ago, Stock said:

I thought Photodemenia was the last physical Rephlex release I ever bought, but I see on discogs it was self released.  Didn't things get pretty murky at the end re: who was releasing what?

3 hours ago, auxien said:

buncha poor ass bitches around here only into Aphex or something?

you joke, but theres truth to that..  ?

Edited by markedone
  • Haha 1

i love what bandcamp are doing, it feels super supportive and honest. the initiative soundcloud and spotify took were a bit lazy imo, giving artists a begging button and then calling it a days work there..

Bandcamp is such an amazing service if you think about it, no hidden strings for selling your music across the world? how fuckin great is that! we do live in a good time to be in music.

if you want to do some longer term supporting of artists with distributed music, leave spotify looping their stuff overnight, vulfpeck style! ?

also buy my shit pls and have a nice day

• Like 4

1 hour ago, markedone said:

you joke, but theres truth to that..  ?

i wasn't entirely joking of course... there's definitely a not-insignificant portion of WATMM that basically only check out new music if Aphex DJs it. pretty sad tbh but whatevsssss :catface:

• Farnsworth 1

47 minutes ago, auxien said:

i wasn't entirely joking of course... there's definitely a not-insignificant portion of WATMM that basically only check out new music if Aphex DJs it. pretty sad tbh but whatevsssss :catface:

i know what you mean, also when aphex shows were announced in 2019 i was amazed how many members seemingly came out of the woodwork

Edited by markedone

Darren Cross from Australia's turn-of-the-millennium Gerling has been releasing some avant-folk/americana/new agey type stuff the last few years. Has a new one out which leans into the Fahey American Primitive instrumental, and sounds like he was recently evicted during lockdown. His first solo LP Xantastic from 2016 is pretty good. Worth checking out and supporting for WATMM folk fans and old Gerling fans.

• 1 month later...

another Bandcamp waiving their fees day today...i’ll be grabbing at least a few things later when i’m home. any good stuff y’all grabbing yet?