IGNORED

Russia is now bombing Ukraine

cern

I think it's just his meds making him look bloated.

This on the other hand is definitely shopped.

• Haha 2
  • Burger 1

Swedish government has also confirmed that Sweden will apply for a NATO membership.

• Like 4
  • Farnsworth 1

22 minutes ago, Soloman Tump said:

Awesome this went out on Russian state TV.  The heavily scripted hostess was trying her best bless her!

wow. that woman is hard on the party line there. what rhetoric! keeping to the propaganda big time. that guy seems more tuned in to reality than anyone i've heard in russia so far. surprised it leaked out. 

• Like 2

Nina Kraviz is too big to fail. There are enough people who dont know or who don’t care. Or because they are priviliged enough to say “Its about the music” or who just see the money and status which comes with her fame. I’m not worried about her career, I’m worried about the toxic behaviour which rottens the scene and the culture which gave us the music which we celebrate everyday, I worry about the values of the house and techno culture. While many festivals and clubs conveniently accept her right to remain silent, we in our opinion have all the reasons to end the collaboration, even if she would distance herself from past USSR flattery in a near future and even if she would take distance from her Pro-Putin outings at some point. We won’t be waiting for a sign of empathy with the victims of Russia’s aggression while the murdering and raping continues. We cannot wait and hope for a statement, a personal message or actions showing that she stands for the same morals in which the house and techno scenes are rooted, while we already have several signs that she doesn’t. Simply put, this is not the moral behavior and energy we want to represent or be associated with.

Serge of Clone on трип an Nina Kraviz.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

wow. that woman is hard on the party line there. what rhetoric! keeping to the propaganda big time. that guy seems more tuned in to reality than anyone i've heard in russia so far. surprised it leaked out. 

thing is though whether her line is actually propaganda. or at least to what extent. that final bit at the end about them being in a defensive position and forced to do this might be more than just propaganda. i'd personally consider the scenario in which some of that rhetoric is actually a fair representation of what they think. not all of it. I mean the point about the so-called lack of morale in the Ukrainian army does smell like bad propaganda mixed with wishful thinking. but that doesn't mean all of it is.

still though, the fact that a retired colonel got to say that on russian state tv. looks significant. and he got plenty of time to make his case as well. might be a sign of a growing resistance against the war. especially from the military leadership. the retired colonel might have represented their critique. and this is their way to present it to putin. not sure putin watches this himself. as he's not an airhead like trump. but this will resonate within the kremlin, im sure.

the fact he got all that time to make his case really surprises me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Satans Little Helper said:

this will resonate within the kremlin, im sure.

the fact he got all that time to make his case really surprises me.

spacer.png

• Like 2

20 hours ago, dcom said:

Kraviz posted quite the word salad on Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdqrpooNnh-/

tl:dr version, she's trying to sneakily "both sides" this while not condemning Putin and claiming she was too dumb to understand politics (LOL).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Taupe Beats said:

Kraviz posted quite the word salad on Instagram.

I noticed, but couldn't check it out because IG requires a login and I won't. Would appreciate the full text, the references I came across have quotes, but not the whole thing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dcom said:

I noticed, but couldn't check it out because IG requires a login and I won't. Would appreciate the full text, the references I came across have quotes, but not the whole thing.

“If I were asked to illustrate the apogee of determinism I would give as an example the times we happen to live in right now. Everything that we have been involved in in the past decades has reached it’s peak when ruleless streams of lies and hatred, the reasons for which are not always obvious, inevitably lead to violence, instability and conflicts between people, between countries.

Momentum is growing day after day. Accordingly, terrible events get mixed up on social networks and in media with daily routine. In some of these cases, all this conflicts with established beliefs, such as the personal values and lifestyles. We are doomed to be a part of it.

As a person, musician and artist I’m deeply moved by what’s happening in the world. It’s appalling what my country’s relations with Ukraine have become. I am against all forms of violence. I am praying for peace. It pains me to see innocent people die.

I am a musician and was never involved in supporting the politicians or political parties, and I am not planning to do it in the future. I don’t understand politics or the social processes it creates. So I don’t think it is right to talk about what’s happening on social media. In my opinion, it might increase the degree of all-consuming hatred, and does not assist in understanding. According to Seneca, a Roman Stoic philosopher, statesman and dramatist, the feud itself will be extinguished if one side refuses to support it.

In recent months, I have faced hatred and lies against me and i”m not sure if that’s because my statement didn’t appear on Instagram. It saddens me, but it hasn’t made me bitter.

I have always believed that the mission of music and musicians, electronic music, techno and house scene is to unite completely different people erasing borders and patterns rather than divide them. When people are born, they choose neither parents nor country of birth. So when releasing compositions, compilations on my label Trip Recordings, it was the talent of the artist that mattered to me, not the country of birth. I intend to continue to follow the principles of unity despite attempts to censor the work of the artists on my label.

Making, releasing and playing good music is what i love most.

Peace,

NK”

1 hour ago, Taupe Beats said:

tl:dr version, she's trying to sneakily "both sides" this while not condemning Putin and claiming she was too dumb to understand politics (LOL).

I haven't been following Nina Kraviz's statements closely so I could be missing something, but anyway: many Russians who are actually against Putin avoid publicly condemning Putin and pretend to be apolitical because standing up against Putin could get them jailed, poisoned or murdered. This is completely different from living in a Western democracy where publicly criticising your country's leader doesn't involve any serious risk and doesn't require any courage. Of course the Dutch guys at Clone wouldn't hesitate to publicly protest if the Dutch government did something they strongly object to but that's because they can be sure that the Dutch government wouldn't murder them for protesting.
Maybe there is some miscommunication going on due to these reasons?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ghsotword said:

I haven't been following Nina Kraviz's statements closely so I could be missing something, but anyway: many Russians who are actually against Putin avoid publicly condemning Putin and pretend to be apolitical because standing up against Putin could get them jailed, poisoned or murdered. This is completely different from living in a Western democracy where publicly criticising your country's leader doesn't involve any serious risk and doesn't require any courage. Of course the Dutch guys at Clone wouldn't hesitate to publicly protest if the Dutch government did something they strongly object to but that's because they can be sure that the Dutch government wouldn't murder them for protesting.
Maybe there is some miscommunication going on due to these reasons?

Not buying that at all. Other Russian DJ's have publicly condemned Putin at this point (Buttechno for example). Kraviz also wants to continue touring in areas that will absolutely criticize her silence on this issue.

As well, the other point I made would have stood anyway even if I did believe she was at risk to speak out. Claiming she doesn't understand politics in the context of this war. While simultaneously denouncing any form of violence. It's disingenuous and should be called out. 

Frankly, there's a lot more I could criticize in Kraviz's statement (that Seneca quote is a doozy), but I'll leave all that for now. 

Edited by Taupe Beats
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Taupe Beats said:

that Seneca quote is a doozy

I think she's referring to herself as the one who doesn't support the feud - the attacks against her -  but it's easily interpreted otherwise in the context of of the Russian war against Ukraine. She's using a lot of wordplay and platitudes to say she's not going to explicitly condemn Russia, it seems she'll rather travel, party, DJ and release records like nothing's happening.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, dcom said:

I think she's referring to herself as the one who doesn't support the feud - the attacks against her -  but it's easily interpreted otherwise in the context of of the Russian war against Ukraine. She's using a lot of wordplay and platitudes to say she's not going to explicitly condemn Russia, it seems she'll rather travel, party, DJ and release records like nothing's happening.

Regarding the Seneca quote, let's go with that hypothetical (which, for the record, I'm not conceding I believe that's what Kraviz meant). She's implying that anyone who criticizes her silence will themselves be vanquished because Nina Kraviz won't engage. 

1. She's already engaged with this post. 

2. The arrogance of such an assertion is astounding. 

3. As you rightly pointed out, she left the quote to be easily read as referring to the Russian invasion of Ukraine itself. In fact, so easily that I still believe that's what she's really meant here.

4. This attitude is brought forth a lot when discussing conflicts. Like a lack of engagement is somehow a victory. That is historically untrue (back to before Seneca's time). Among other things, Colonialism wouldn't have prospered as it did. Silence is not always a weapon.

Edit:  Forgot to add, I agree with the rest of what you said.

Edited by Taupe Beats
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nina is more than happy to lead the party lifestyle and release big records via a major European distro, throwing party techno to huge crowds worldwide and rake in the cash in the Western world.

But as soon as her record label comes under thread she is forced to finally release a statement because this has hit her where it really hurts... her wallet.

You want Peace Nina? Putin's Peace? 

I'm afraid you can't have your cake and eat it.  If you wanna carry on playing big European festivals then playing the "no politics" card won't stick.  This statement stinks, and I hope she gets booted from a few festivals.

Also, I read she has a terrible attitude.

Seth Troxler:

One time we were playing together at a festival in France, and I was trying to help her set up the CDJs for her set as I’m still mixing. I asked her to plug the RCA into her CDJ and – I swear to God – she said “I don’t do that type of thing”. I was like “What the fuck, you can’t plug an RCA into a CDJ? You’re a DJ! I’m trying to help you out here!” Then she was hopping all over my shoulders and shit as I was playing, and I was like,“Yo get the fuck off my shoulder, I’m trying to play and you’re stressing me out”. She was really pissed off at me after that.”

“Then, the third time, I was playing at my own party in Miami. We were outside with a bunch of our peers and, you know, I’m not a dick, so I went to go shake her hand and say hello. She was like, “I don’t need to shake hands with clowns like you”, so I said “You’re a fucking cunt!”

• Like 3