IGNORED

Russia is now bombing Ukraine

cern

17 minutes ago, psn said:

Debunked just a couple of posts into the replies. Please try a little harder not to be a moron.

I'm sorry, I received this info from several sources, I'm not a Twitter user. I didn't want to spread misinformation. I will see myself out. There's no reason for name calling though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nebraska said:

correct. and i believe that was part of putin's gamble that he can outlast (survive) any sanctions imposed by this attack. 

I would think that as well. he certainly comes off as being someone who strategizes things out long term, so he knew sanctions would be imposed.

I seriously wonder if trump plays into any of this. we know putin uses him. could there be some way trump, don jr., or any of the team help him in some financial capacity long term, without their direct knowledge? maybe sanctions on mar-a-lago are needed as well. there's got to be some secret pipeline of financial resources he could turn to eventually that aren't caught up in sanctions.

FMdKkzrXoAI41R0?format=jpg&name=large

https://www.reuters.com/technology/russia-based-ransomware-group-conti-issues-warning-kremlin-foes-2022-02-25/

https://www.facebook.com/UACERT/posts/312939130865352

FMdox5QX0AkKTz1?format=jpg&name=medium

i think those sanctions against putin & lavrov need to come FAST and maybe expanded to include anyone in his inner circle

Edited by Nebraska
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, zero said:

I would think that as well. he certainly comes off as being someone who strategizes things out long term, so he knew sanctions would be imposed.

my guess is that putin was cool with letting this deal go because he knew/gambled this deal would remain. 

also: not sure how well this is known, but .cn has had a long going relationship with .ru for their wood (pause)

In response to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, President Joe Biden is expected to soon announce more sanctions aimed at Vladimir Putin and his cadre of oligarchs. The theory is that unlike sectoral sanctions that could harm the broader Russian population, inflicting financial pain on Putin and his wealthy cronies could force the Russian government to the negotiating table.

But while such a move might help deter further Russian incursions, Biden faces a significant obstacle: corporate lobbyists’ success in shrouding the American finance industry in secrecy, which makes it far easier for Russian oligarchs and their business empires to evade economic sanctions.

https://www.dailyposter.com/bidens-ukraine-plans-face-wall-street-roadblock/

some interesting points there including how "russian oligarchs evade existing sanctions, such as by laundering money through auction houses." and "traditionally, russian dark money goes through several offshore havens in its laundering, but it predominantly stops in anonymous companies in two major economies that allow anonymous ownership — the united states and the united kingdom.” which probably isn't (but could be) traced back here

side question: anyone know what's up with 'gas princess' yulia tymoshenko these days? 

• Like 2

I don’t see how seemingly smart people can circulate misinformation like that without cross-checking sources. I also don’t understand how Anyone with a functioning brain can still accept Fox News as a credible source, in general. 

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

I don’t see how seemingly smart people can circulate misinformation like that without cross-checking sources.

it's cos "smart" doesn't mean what we typically think it means.

• Like 1
  • Big Brain 1

59 minutes ago, usagi said:

it's cos "smart" doesn't mean what we typically think it means.

division of labor makes us all stupid in at least the majority of things.  u used to be able to be smart at all the main stuff but u cant anymore.  paired with algorithmic and for profit sensationalist media and global capitalist hegemony of viewpoints, unless you have a habit of keeping your mouth shut all the time, you are bound to end up being stupid very often

Probably had to shovel the driveway, pick up the kids from militant boarding school, play elden ring, etc. Not everyone is gonna take the time to research and discuss at length and not many are source checking FOX and CNN for reporting mobile incinerators or Sam Hyde school shootings. Maybe he’s dumb, maybe he’s busy, or maybe he just doesn’t give a fuck (sadly the latter is probably the most likely scenario).

27 minutes ago, Hail Sagan said:

Probably had to shovel the driveway, pick up the kids from militant boarding school, play elden ring, etc. Not everyone is gonna take the time to research and discuss at length and not many are source checking FOX and CNN for reporting mobile incinerators or Sam Hyde school shootings. Maybe he’s dumb, maybe he’s busy, or maybe he just doesn’t give a fuck (sadly the latter is probably the most likely scenario).

Thanks for speculating. Super helpful. Maybe you missed the part where I said he’s my brother (so I actually know him pretty well and I know he gives a fuck) and maybe you missed the other part where I said he is a scientist (he has multiple degrees from Ivy League institutions and is a research machine / critical thinker / not “dumb”).

4 hours ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

division of labor makes us all stupid in at least the majority of things.  u used to be able to be smart at all the main stuff but u cant anymore.  paired with algorithmic and for profit sensationalist media and global capitalist hegemony of viewpoints, unless you have a habit of keeping your mouth shut all the time, you are bound to end up being stupid very often

Excuse me I'm actually smart at all the main stuff and only occasionally stupid despite all the division of algorithms and the capitalism hermione and

31 minutes ago, Amen Warrior said:

Excuse me I'm actually smart at all the main stuff and only occasionally stupid despite all the division of algorithms and the capitalism hermione and

the main stuff is increasing into too many categories that are important to understand nobody can understand them all

At work on the morning of the invasion, the mood was super confused as we've all grown up with the hanging threat of the villains in the east. Every hypothetical swedish/nordic war scenario involves Russia taking Gotland in the baltic to have a site that controls both Scandinavian airspace and the baltic sea. Nobody is really invested in the Nato/east Europe politics so it's all treated as equally probable to this event, reflected by this comment by a colleague: "I'd rather be forced to speak Russian than Arabic". 

The twitter hype train is unbelievable and all the so called reports (from the "ghost of Kyiv" ace pilot to hundreds of tanks destroyed) are highly unlikely and won't be verified for a long time. The Russian saboteurs stupidly dressing in Ukrainian uniform are utterly hopeless when caught. Don't know what to say about arming all the civilians as you are equally stripped of certain rights when picking up a rifle.

The question is if Putin will decide to forgo minimizing civilian casualties. Probably not an option to draw back with his huge ego complex. Zelensky has opened up for negotiations but there's no reasonable platform to do so in person without the risk of "killed by rebels on the way, oops guess we have to install our own peacekeeping government". 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, zero said:

inner circle people like this guy

spacer.png

I’m hoping his rah rah bullshit is exposing him more to undecided & swing voters in US what a traitorous shit he is. He’s giving the Dems a lot of ammo to use against him in the next 2 elections, same with other Republican pro Russian dipshits. Maybe he’ll tamp down his Putin support publicly as civilian casualties mount.

• Like 1

Listen music – invest in a peace! 

Friends, thanks for your support in buying our music! For these days we received more than for the last half-year ? All of the money we send to Ukrainian volunteers and army ?? Also, you can send money to Армія SOS ❤️(facebook.com/groups/armia.sos) but it seems that they have no PayPal.
Ukraine, stay strong! Слава Україні!
  • Like 2