IGNORED

Russia is now bombing Ukraine

cern

Just now, Silent Member said:

Huh?  If you strengthen the weaker side, then wouldn't that just make the war longer and more disastrous?  If you dont want war, then you should fund Russia so that they can win quickly without much unnecessary death.  Just look at what happened in WWI, equally matched sides just kept throwing lives away.

• Facepalm 3

22 minutes ago, cichlisuite said:

[citation needed]

2 minutes ago, Silent Member said:

This gotta be someone scamming people lol.

There's too much bullshit going around to follow this from any social media. Just gonna stick to the news sources for now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, Twitter is just full on bullshit today... It's overflowing with false information and old mislabeled videos. I've never seen it this bad before.

Oh nice, they're fighting in the Chernobyl exclusion zone now (close to Kyiv).

Edit: путин шлюха пизда

Edited by Silent Member
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Silent Member said:

Well, Twitter is just full bullshit today... It's fucking overflowing with false information and old mislabeled videos. I've never seen it this bad before.

Edit: путин шлюха пизда

as I said breaking news is hell

correct thing to do probs is go media silent and come back in a week

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MIXL2 said:

as I said breaking news is hell

correct thing to do probs is go media silent and come back in a week

who goes on twitter for news though. It's interesting to follow journalists there if anything. Also a good time to filter news sources.. Saw a smol snippet of CNN and it was just fearmongering about the gas prices.. Like can it not be about you being the victim for once. Fear is the mind killer

I fucking puke on music artists also that are coming out with a big long "important message" about the situation in Ukraine like everything in the world is about their opinion. 

Fuck music artists

Soulseek for life! ?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

17 minutes ago, cern said:

I fucking puke on music artists also that are coming out with a big long "important message" about the situation in Ukraine like everything in the world is about their opinion. 

Fuck music artists

Soulseek for life! ?

I don't think that much different to making a thread about it on some forum, though. I mean, in terms of opinions, don't you think "The world is gonna change alot now and this is only the beginning. " is any less self important?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Satans Little Helper said:

I don't think that much different to making a thread about it on some forum, though. I mean, in terms of opinions, don't you think "The world is gonna change alot now and this is only the beginning. " is any less self important?

No not a small comment on a small forum of what to expect.. 
That is no Elitism in the sentence which music artists including in their big bible messages on different platforms. 

• Facepalm 2

people need to vent. that's what half the posts etc are about. people want to talk about it but are stuck at home or have no one near by they can commiserate w/to try and understand what's going on or let their emotions out. it's basic human shit. 

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, cern said:

No not a small comment on a small forum of what to expect.. 
That is no Elitism in the sentence which music artists including in their big bible messages on different platforms. 

Ah! Size matters.

In my humble opinion, both small and big opinions matter. No matter how irrelevant. ?

Edit:

Cern, for the record, I have absolutely no issue with you making a thread about this. Like Ignatius, I'd argue this is def a subject where people need to be allowed to vent.

Secretly, I hope we'd have a poster from Russia with an interesting perspective though. Although it would be better for such a person to remain silent, I'm sure.

Edited by Satans Little Helper
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

there's apparently anti-war protest in st. petersburg right now. 

edit - and another - apparently protests in many cities in russia 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, drillkicker said:

Huh?  If you strengthen the weaker side, then wouldn't that just make the war longer and more disastrous?  If you dont want war, then you should fund Russia so that they can win quickly without much unnecessary death.  Just look at what happened in WWI, equally matched sides just kept throwing lives away.

lol

• Like 2

For me personally I just deal with the simple, hard facts, which I don’t need to spell out. Opinions on social media (not that I read it) opinions on talk radio etc etc, doesn’t interest me and just creates unnecessary stress. Unfortunately Ukraine is just a sitting duck and being hung out to dry. The real big problem might begin once Ukraine is done and dusted and if Mr Putin fancies going further west. My axe is ready ?

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

For me personally I just deal with the simple, hard facts, which I don’t need to spell out. Opinions on social media (not that I read it) opinions on talk radio etc etc, doesn’t interest me and just creates unnecessary stress. Unfortunately Ukraine is just a sitting duck and being hung out to dry. The real big problem might begin once Ukraine is done and dusted and if Mr Putin fancies going further west. My axe is ready ?

if he goes towards poland and stuff and tries to reconnect some territories it'll trigger article 5 or hwatever and nato will be forced to intervene

6 hours ago, dcom said:

To complement that excellent source: Bellingcat had produced a spreadsheet to counter disinformation - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bZ5uItSGLfYlCKT2kl0MEGYIF0gEhPaY68KVduwPw8M/edit#gid=0

• Like 1

I dont know how all information is real, but thought its interesting:

"

For those who ask: "Why does Ukraine matter? “

How the nation of Ukraine ranks:

1st in Europe in proven recoverable reserves of uranium ores;

2nd place in Europe and 10th place in the world in terms of titanium ore reserves;

2nd place in the world in terms of explored reserves of manganese ores (2.3 billion tons, or 12% of the world's reserves);

2nd largest iron ore reserves in the world (30 billion tons);

2nd place in Europe in terms of mercury ore reserves;

3rd place in Europe (13th place in the world) in shale gas reserves (22 trillion cubic meters)

4th in the world by the total value of natural resources;

7th place in the world in coal reserves (33.9 billion tons)

Ukraine is an agricultural country:

1st in Europe in terms of arable land area;

3rd place in the world by the area of black soil (25% of world's volume);

1st place in the world in exports of sunflower and sunflower oil;

2nd place in the world in barley production and 4th place in barley exports;

3rd largest producer and 4th largest exporter of corn in the world;

4th largest producer of potatoes in the world;

5th largest rye producer in the world;

5th place in the world in bee production (75,000 tons);

8th place in the world in wheat exports;

9th place in the world in the production of chicken eggs;

16th place in the world in cheese exports.

Ukraine can meet the food needs of 600 million people.

Ukraine is an industrialized country:
1st in Europe in ammonia production;

Europe's 2nd and the 4th largest natural gas pipeline system in the world (142.5 bln cubic meters of gas throughput capacity in the EU);

3rd largest in Europe and 8th largest in the world in terms of installed capacity of nuclear power plants;

3rd place in Europe and 11th in the world in terms of rail network length (21,700 km);

3rd place in the world (after the U.S. and France) in production of locators and locating equipment;

3rd largest iron exporter in the world
4th largest exporter of turbines for nuclear power plants in the world;

4th world's largest manufacturer of rocket launchers;

4th place in the world in clay exports

4th place in the world in titanium exports

8th place in the world in exports of ores and concentrates;

9th place in the world in exports of defence industry products;

10th largest steel producer in the world (32.4 million tons)."

Edited by Ayya Khema
  • Facepalm 3