IGNORED

Queen Elizabeth II (1926-2022)

zazen

Well we might as well talk about it.

Never been much into the monarchy but (I guess this is a bit of a cliche) when I started watching Season 1 of The Crown recently (I was late to catch on to that show) it was really interesting TV. About a person put into a completely bizarre situation and trying to make the best of it.

The Crown is really quality TV by the way, would recommend it if you've never watched it (like I hadnt). Like 20th century history revisited through the weird and impossible insitution that is the monarchy.

And now we've got a King. Thats weird.

Edited by zazen

There was some talk that Charles might opt to be called George VII instead of Charles III because Charles I (executed) and Charles II (brutal, scandalous) didn't have a great run.

Are there any other franchises where the first two weren't much good and then the third one turned out sortof ok?

edit: maybe Mission Impossible?

Edited by zazen
  • Like 1

The Queens passing is the cherry on top of the crumbling cake that is the UK. No more colonies, cut of from the European collective, now it's  just a sad gray damp island in the Atlantic that is going down the shitter with the Tories at the helm with a fresh idiot as the leader. Just left is Scottish independence and a united Ireland and the collapse is complete.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 2
  • Burger 2

I'll pay respects to someone who was born into a job and stuck at it for 70 years, taking equal amounts of love, vitriol and ridicule from the people who lived under her "rule". She was dedicated and kept it professional despite her family being as fucked up as everyone elses. 

Edited by Soloman Tump
  • Like 4
  • Farnsworth 1

43 minutes ago, chenGOD said:
1 hour ago, azatoth said:

collapse

thought the same:)

Don't give a shit about the monarchy but thought she was alright compared to most people of vast wealth and power. Seemed a decent human being.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 6
  • Burger 1

1 hour ago, azatoth said:

The Queens passing is the cherry on top of the crumbling cake that is the UK. No more colonies, cut of from the European collective, now it's  just a sad gray damp island in the Atlantic that is going down the shitter with the Tories at the helm with a fresh idiot as the leader. Just left is Scottish independence and a united Ireland and the collapse is complete.

Inshallah.

• Like 1

I'm not judging, but I am curious to know why there's some resentment against her or royals in general. If people don't like the British Empire, you'd think they'd be happy about her, since she more or less presided over it's decline. If people do like the British Empire, they might be glad some other figurehead could now have a chance to bring it back. edit: obviously i know nothing about it, which is why i ask.

Edited by rek
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, rek said:

I'm not judging, but I am curious to know why there's some resentment against her or royals in general. If people don't like the British Empire, you'd think they'd be happy about her, since she more or less presided over it's decline. If people do like the British Empire, they might be glad some other figurehead could now have a chance to bring it back. edit: obviously i know nothing about it, which is why i ask.

The British Monarchical Regime oppresses millions of people both domestically and abroad

Rest in piss you won't be missed

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Rubin Farr changed the title to Queen Elizabeth II (1926-2022)