IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

the guard

8.5/10

better than in bruges

bourne legacy

8/10

my favorite bourne movie. very well done. surprisingly good!

god bless america

4/10

good, and quite bad

the last seduction

7.8/10

pretty good.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Avengers: Quite good. With all the crazy characters put together battling for screentime, it felt like they all lost some substance. But whatever. Hulk was wicked.

The Hunger Games: Okay, so it's a blatant ripoff of Battle Royale. Stylistically, it's like a mix between 1984 and a Tarsem Singh flick of your choice. But aside from all the teen novel emo bullshit, this movie is fucking awesome!

intermedio - edward furlong makin some dough in the asylum movie? count me in. i never expected it to be so bad, though. it's the asylum when they actually tried to make movies, not make campy ripoffs. nothiing made sense here. they couldn't open doors blocked by few planks. the shirt on the sexy female lead got shorter with every scene (with no explanation). furlong was fat with a face of a man who pisses himself while drunk. dialogue did not match the action and etc. no wonder the dvd cost 20p.

bring it on - the kirsten dunst cheerleading movie! quite terrible. i bet it still haunts her to this day and is removed from her personal portfolio.

Battle Royale

What-am-I-watching / 10 ...

was it not in english or sub titled?

fricking awesome movie imo

agreed. loved that one apart from some of the melodrama / "manga" elements. not too into that stuff.

I saw the japanese version with subtitles, but I didn't think too much of it still. The idea is great though, but it's a little too splattery imo. It's kinda hard to care about over 40 people, especially when they all look alike [/racism] - No but I mean, so many deaths, didn't leave time to build up tension or atmosphere, and the acting wasn't all that great either, as far as I could tell. But then again, they were kinda young so I guess you gotta give them credit. I guess the book is better than the film. It wasn't bad, but I wasn't thrilled either.

Guest Mirezzi

The Woodmans - Incredibly boring for the most part. Francesca Woodman was no doubt a brilliant photographer with a terribly sad and short life, but this movie was filled with totally irrelevant and dull talking heads.

The Last Wave - still a 10/10. I wish I could find the soundtrack available somewhere though.

Real Steel - 5/10. Tried to be an 80s underdog story, but didn't hit all of the right notes. Hugh Jackman was decent.

Womb - 5/10. Very similar to Never Let Me Go in tone, setting, and story. Tasteful (considering the plot), though fell a bit flat emotionally in places.

I Melt With You - 2/10. Dear god almighty was this a steaming pile of shit. It was basically a mid 00s music video where everyone is doing drugs and having a good time, but instead of it featuring teens or 20-somethings it had Rob Lowe, Thomas Jane, and Jeremy Piven as desparate, sad 40-somethings trying to grasp onto some bit of youth and abandon. Of course it doesn't go well. The 2 points are for some halfway decent bits of dialogue here and there and for the hilarious expressions Rob Lowe has through the whole movie as he is constantly drinking, taking pills, and snorting coke.

Guest Mirezzi

The Next Three Days

10/10

Best movie I've seen in a while, very tense. Fans of Breaking Bad will like it. Don't read too much about it, better if you don't know where it's going.

Wow, that's really generous. It's like a soap opera / made for TV movie. It has all the usual elements to pass time when you're sick and stuck at home on the couch or something, but that's about it.

Of course, it doesn't help that Paul Haggis made the movie a personal metaphor for his relationship with and eventual departure from the Church of Scientology.

lol.

The Next Three Days

10/10

Best movie I've seen in a while, very tense. Fans of Breaking Bad will like it. Don't read too much about it, better if you don't know where it's going.

Wow, that's really generous. It's like a soap opera / made for TV movie. It has all the usual elements to pass time when you're sick and stuck at home on the couch or something, but that's about it.

Of course, it doesn't help that Paul Haggis made the movie a personal metaphor for his relationship with and eventual departure from the Church of Scientology.

lol.

and it's another unnecessary US rehash with russel crowe! seriously, original is better.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

The Next Three Days

10/10

lol.

and it's another unnecessary US rehash with russel crowe! seriously, original is better.

the movie has the worst title as I have seen it but keep forgetting as the title seems to have nothing to do with the actual film. I think I thought it was mostly shit though but maybe someone will quote me giving it 10/10 previously in this thread

The next three days - 5/10 clearly she is off her fucking trolley, i would have left her in prison

not me

The Next Three Days

10/10

lol.

the movie has the worst title as I have seen it but keep forgetting as the title seems to have nothing to do with the actual film. I think I thought it was mostly shit though but maybe someone will quote me giving it 10/10 previously in this thread

the last three days

this movie could have been called anything. the last three days isn't even important in the film and is thus unmemorable. and probably why it didnt do very well in the cinema. that and the fact that i feel like i've seen it before. russel crowe is a normal guy who has to do extraordinary things. yeah seen that before.

it was the sort of film where one minute you are facpalming and the next you are suprised by how well he planned something out.

basically he helps elizabeth banks escape from prison. it was ok but felt long, which cant be a good sign.

nah, you're good, blud

unmemorable title confirmed!

Song of the South - 9/10

Little-known Disney classic from the olden times. Uncle Ramus' tales are as wild and captivating as ever, while Johnny learns a thing or two about what's ahead of him.

For a 1940's production, they sure did a good job combining live action with animation. And I don't just mean Ramus walking through the forest, they get kids and puppies to run around after cartoon butterflies! Simply amazing, given how hard it usually is to work with them.

It's a very friendly film. Full of charm, exciting stories, well-rounded characters. The main plot isn't too detailed, but it's nice and simple, and gives a good setting for the animated 'tales'.

Just one thing I wanna say, I don't like the idea of this film being thought of as racist. It's set in the late 19th century, when black slavery was part of everyday life, but it doesn't address the issue of whether or not that's right or wrong. The implications of slave ownership are pretty much ignored entirely, and that's fine with me. It would've ruined the film otherwise.

Public Enemies - 6/10

A better film than I remember from when I watched it at the cinema, however it still annoys me. The shaky-cam has the effect of making the action bits seem really budget (especially the night scenes which looked really grainy to me), and the voices are mixed too low. I thought it struggled to build up the tension of the pressure on both Dillinger and Purvis. However, it's still an enjoyable watch.

Archived