oscillik

weak story

Yeah, the story in that 5 minute video was fucking terrible.

lol

Anyway, let's say the movie turns out great... well, perfect!

If it turns out to be bad... well... so what?

giphy.gif

There are many scenes that look so much better in the original where they used similar looking images in the new trailer but they always look kind of weaker compared to the old one

I thought someone said the music for the trailer isn't from the film at all and it's some outside company paid to just do the trailer? I could be totally wrong here.

Yah, totally possible.  Like how they used music from Dragon The Bruce Lee Story to promote Forrest Gump.

They have a side-by-side trailer on IMDb and in direct comparison I like the old one much better but check for yourself :

http://m.imdb.com/list/ls053181649/videoplayer/vi245020953?ref_=m_tt_ecw_2049_i_1

Holy shit, the original is good...  I guess the original stands out much more when comparing to something trying to emulate it...

Edited by peace 7

you can fully not listen to this/these threads, and fully not listen to watmm a lot of the time. great people usually but opinions, especially negative ones are something that no-one really needs.

Guest transmisiones ferox

do you think this could be the case of ok story (characters) and amazing visual direction. like Sicario and Prisoners? f.uck that shit Arrival

Edited by transmisiones ferox

I really want to be like this but this poster looks like it was done in two minutes in Photoshop

The best part of seeing that shit is remembering that someone was paid thousands of dollars for it. Either they're a shitty artist and produce crap and Scott released it anyway, or, more likely, Scott/whoever wanted it to look that bad. They brainstormed, requested, commissioned it, and some artist designed it, they all looked at it and sent it back and forth and edited it, all with the end goal of it looking that fucking bad. That was no accident or slip up. The purposeful act of it really is gross.