IGNORED

Skrillex - Discuss, Debate, Praise, Hate

YEK

Guest EleminoP

A common trait I've noticed with a lot of live performers recently, when you can clearly tell they're doing fuck all, is to release holding onto a rotary dial on their mixer whenever a beat kicks in (occasionally they swap between the 'on' beat of the kick and the 'off' beat of the snare). So to the layman it looks like they're doing something in time whereas they're just letting go of their equipment sort-of to the music.

I could see someone doing some sorta end-of-measure live manipulation like a fiilter sweep or something and letting go of the effect parameters at the beginning of a beat.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A common trait I've noticed with a lot of live performers recently, when you can clearly tell they're doing fuck all, is to release holding onto a rotary dial on their mixer whenever a beat kicks in (occasionally they swap between the 'on' beat of the kick and the 'off' beat of the snare). So to the layman it looks like they're doing something in time whereas they're just letting go of their equipment sort-of to the music.

I could see someone doing some sorta end-of-measure live manipulation like a fiilter sweep or something and letting go of the effect parameters at the beginning of a beat.

Yeah, I've actually done this before.. :shrug:

not a run n gun fan :shrug:

Not quite a run and gun game. :S

It was pretty huge though - I mean, even I played it - and I don't play video games lol.

I still play it.

someone help me out here plos?

Qdff0.jpg

Pyro & Engi - Daft Punk

Sniper & Spy - Justice?

Heavy - Tiesto?

Demo - ?

Medic - Skrillex

Scout - Deadmow five

Soldier - ?

Now clue, but the Justice one is indeed them.

not a run n gun fan :shrug:

Not quite a run and gun game. :S

It was pretty huge though - I mean, even I played it - and I don't play video games lol.

I still play it.

someone help me out here plos?

Qdff0.jpg

Pyro & Engi - Daft Punk

Sniper & Spy - Justice?

Heavy - Tiesto?

Demo - ?

Medic - Skrillex

Scout - Deadmow fiveguettas

Soldier - ?

Now clue, but the Justice one is indeed them.

David Guetta maybe? I saw some nonsense about him getting a hollywood blvd star or something on google news.

My main reason for disliking him is his fucking retarded jumping around, shouting and making faces to aphex twin youtube videos. He disgusts me.

sorry, i'm going back on my word, I'm onboard with Team Fake Becky

Why we gotta have all this fighting? Can't we just have both Beckys on the same team?

skrillex-covers-spin-magazines-dance-issue-october-2011.jpeg

Where have we gone wrong?!

I don't ever remember any "underground" rave producers on the cover of spin, back in the day. Maybe Goldie showed up after he started acting and poking Bjork.

So, the guy may just be a poster-boy who has no input on the tracks he puts his name/face to, big deal, it is not the first time and wont be the last. What i find to be hilarious here though is that he is getting bashed for doing the very thing the IDM community invented, sitting in front of a laptop, pressing play and twiddling effects knobs or playing solitaire. Hypocrisy much?

I liked his music for about the length it took to listen to two tracks and realise that it is template style producing, what i cant do is hate on the actual guy, id take his position in a heart-beat and so would most of you. From watching several of his interviews you can see a disconnect, he seems to have little clue about his own music but other than that comes across as someone i would have a pint with.

I think most of you here are butt-hurt that a genre of music you like is now transformed into something you don't like, is in the hands and heads of the masses and you can no longer consider yourself underground (fucking hipsters), it happens to every style of music in some shape or form, get over it.

Kaen > drywall

Guest analogue wings

i bet tiesto fucking hates losing out to skrillex for the cover shot. That makes me happy!

i bet diplo fucking hates being lumped in with those other "artists"

Where have we gone wrong?!

I don't ever remember any "underground" rave producers on the cover of spin, back in the day. Maybe Goldie showed up after he started acting and poking Bjork.

When did Goldie ever produce rave?

Is he the new Jim Morrison??? fuck that ..

..And shame on the surviving members of the doors for shaming "The Doors" legacy by using this filth to revive their careers.

Archived