IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Tried watching Luther tonight. it's so absurd and over the top, it's a comedy basically

Got through the first and a half of second episode. Ooh so smart, omg, so evil, omg that chick is such a psycho, so close, but so far, and then a war veteran ambushes and shoots up police because why not, and the lead detective is a section 8 running loose around because he's so brilliant, yet he does the most stupid things imaginable

for pete's sake, I rented hbo max, had it for about three months now, and it's more of the same. All shit drizzle poisoning minds on mass scale. Is this really our conscious ether as a species on the planet of Earth?

• Farnsworth 1

1 hour ago, cruising for burgers said:

anybody watching that 90s show?

The 90s Show pilot is ok if you want to see the “reunion”. Cut bait after that.

Night Court (2023) is pretty bland as well.

12 hours ago, cichlisuite said:

Tried watching Luther tonight. it's so absurd and over the top, it's a comedy basically

Got through the first and a half of second episode. Ooh so smart, omg, so evil, omg that chick is such a psycho, so close, but so far, and then a war veteran ambushes and shoots up police because why not, and the lead detective is a section 8 running loose around because he's so brilliant, yet he does the most stupid things imaginable

for pete's sake, I rented hbo max, had it for about three months now, and it's more of the same. All shit drizzle poisoning minds on mass scale. Is this really our conscious ether as a species on the planet of Earth?

I got HBO max too mainly for the Qanon docu which wasn't on the 'bay at the time. I found Barry on there which was a blast! Watched a crime style docu called Mind over Murder which was ok. Now watching episodes of Painting With John which is just real cosy, shame it's a big loss for cinema that he seems to have quit doin films.  

I watched The Last of Us the way modern tv is meant to be experienced: through a streaming site with the browser window at half width and another browser open playing Tetris. Never played the games. The girl might be very annoying as the show goes on. Props for the Depeche Mode drop at the end. Cool vibes.

• Like 1

I'm rewatching uk's Utopia... this show is unbearable... all the main characters are annoying af, doesn't even feel like rooting for them... just get killed you massive twats, go on then... and why is this fucking Jessica Hyde always whispering like she's an asmr artist? christ on a bike... :facepalm:

it's also very edgy right? quite possible, if you're 12 or an anti-vaxxer... it's hard to follow no doubt but it just makes it tedious...

only redeeming thing about it is the actor from Kill List and Cristobal's soundtrack... it's also quite well directed...

Edited by cruising for burgers
  • Like 1

Almost done with all seasons of Yellowstone. I see Deadwood is on Paramount+ which I’ve always fancied but before I go all Western again I’m thinking of the US Office or Wolf Hall for a change of scenery. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

Is it worth watching?

Most definitely imo. Sometimes it’s a bit silly but that’s fine. And it hits the ground running from the first episodes and to be honest it doesn’t really sag at all throughout all five seasons. 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Thanks 1

Rouge Heroes

I'm three eps in and it's already a bore. How is it possible to make such an interesting story so boring? It's basically a military recruitment ad disguised as a rock'n'roll music video with slo-mo badass walking and half-tone screen stencils. Rock'n'roll music has as much to do with guerilla desert warfare against Rommel as my father has with cooking. Fucking Z.E.R.O. So many pointless scenes too! Can't a man enjoy ONE bloody thing these days?

Edited by cichlisuite

On 1/25/2023 at 6:59 PM, J3FF3R00 said:

Anyone watching Poker Face? Curious if anybody recommends it. 

edit

never mind. It’s not out yet :crazy:

It’s out now and I watched the first episode. So far it’s great. Clever writing. Natasha Lyonne is perfectly cast in it. 

• Like 1