IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Started watching 1899 I like it, maybe not as good as Dark but it's still  pretty good. Soundtrack is also nice, pretty important.
Finished Wednesday; funny and entertaining but with a horrible soundtrack with the exception of 1 or 2 songs it's all shite pop not fitting at all.

Just came to echo praise for White Lotus, especially season 2. This is probably an odd take but the newly wed wife in season 1 struck me as the most infuriating character, while it felt like she was being cast as the main protagonist. Maybe it’s just because it seems so unrealistic that all her morals wouldn’t have surfaced and caused a confrontation and ended the relationship before she had the revelation of becoming a trophy wife.

I don’t know, I’m definitely a little retarded and maybe between when the masseuse (who garnered the most sympathy)  leaving her hanging while she was airing out her problems and her embracing the frat boy at the airport was a sign that she accepted that money was the motive behind getting married all along. But yeah, I just found her annoying as hell after the first couple of episodes ? 

Still cracking on with Yellowstone. I love it. Season 2 was brilliant. Currently halfway through Season 3, which started fairly slowly but is now picking up pace. No doubt a trail of bodies and destruction will start appearing if they start building an airport lol (which is fine when you constantly ask the sheriff to make it disappear) . I notice there’s already a few spin offs, one with Helen Mirren and Harrison Ford which sounds interesting…

Edited by beerwolf

3 minutes ago, Berk said:

House of the dragon. Nice to have some more of those GoT vibes basically 

Tried it. Couldn't get past the 4th episode.

The story really didn't interest me at all. Yeah, it's all about having sons and making strategic alliances and what not. After a couple of episodes there's not much else going on. Besides some CGI dragons and sword fights.

Waste of time.

/opinion

On 12/26/2022 at 9:23 AM, Nebraska said:

we did season 1 of this. now we're onto this (and this is oh so good):

maxresdefault.jpg

had to stop watching this. lasted 8 episodes of season 1 out of a billion seasons

as addicting as this can get, it's also cruel beyond all comprehension. the show moves at the pace of a handicapped snail. 8 episodes dedicated to discussing the main birds wedding only to have her pass out during the wedding coz the father cannot stand the groom (which he made clear but changed his mind at episode 6 then got pissed again 2 episodes later)

also the amount of heaving and just under my breath muttered subtext while dressed to the 9's leaves a terrible after taste.

just finished "the playlist"  (short thing,  like 6 or 8 episodes as a whole )

based on the story of the creation of Spotify.  the buisness aspect of it.

quite a good take on the subject. tough, even it seems based on a true story,   it's still more a movie  than a true investigation documentary.

I enjoyed it anyway.

Edited by neurone

3 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Anyone seen Peripheral?

I got two or three episodes in but wasn't grabbed enough by it to continue on.  Had some cool ideas and scenes but the plot wasn't coherent enough for me to wonder what happens next.

On 1/1/2023 at 12:14 PM, usagi said:

anyone seen The North Water? just found out about it's existence and my interest is piqued.

Want to check it out too. It's got music by Tim Hecker iirc

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Anyone seen Peripheral?

I've read the book 2-3 times, and the series is quite good at making Gibson's ideas take shape, but of course it's an adaptation and not a faithful reproduction. Gibson is notoriously difficult to adapt, because his prose is so idiosyncratic and the themes and specifics nuanced up to a point of alienation (you'll need to read a third of a book to understand what's going on). The series is good, but not as good as Gibson's writing, so I'd suggest digging into the book, then pass judgement - but YMMV. There's once again talk of a Neuromancer adaptation, that's near or beyond the difficulty of adapting Gaiman's Sandman to the series.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 1