IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

4 hours ago, caze said:

I rarely get offended watching tv/movies, but I have to say lots of that left a bitter taste in my mouth. Making the Nazis out to be cartoonish villains, and making up a bunch of ridiculous death camp stories (like the chess thing), was pretty shitty. Pacino is great in it though alright, and I'm usually pretty lukewarm on him. The lack of a consistent style was also annoying, when it just sticks to the story and stays in the moment it's fine, but the various little over stylized diversions felt completely out of place.

Really? I mean sure a lot of that is bull, but there’s lots of horrible shit that was true. I guess I don’t find it offensive because it’s not supposed to be a true story. 

• Like 2

there were certainly actual instances of horrible psychopathic shit that went down, given a situation like that the small minority of people who are psychopaths would have a field day. but the really terrifying thing about the Nazis was that most of the perpetrators were average, uninteresting people; the banality of evil explains most of what went on far better than some over the top cartoon evil.

• Like 2

ESb3zkPXYAA1lJT.jpg:large

i feel like this documentary started off by wanting to be about hillary clinton, but couldn't help but be about what hillary clinton thinks of losing to trump and reminecesing about being first lady. it's so much that, it almost feels like it's a campaign anouncement

14 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

let alone a drug dealer,

He's very clearly not supposed to be a drug dealer. He's a poor kid who has an opportunity to make some money to help out at home, not some hip fucking gangster from the 5 boroughs.

9 hours ago, caze said:

the banality of evil explains most of what went on far better than some over the top cartoon evil.

There is no banality of evil.

Watching and enjoying Hunters (I like that is cartoonish and ripping of Tarantino), Picard and Better Call Saul.

Oh shit yeah, I've been looking forward to Devs, didn't know it was out yet. Thanks

• Like 1

On 3/6/2020 at 4:44 PM, Nebraska said:

ESb3zkPXYAA1lJT.jpg:large

i feel like this documentary started off by wanting to be about hillary clinton, but couldn't help but be about what hillary clinton thinks of losing to trump and reminecesing about being first lady. it's so much that, it almost feels like it's a campaign anouncement

5c895f245b066e2097418889?width=1100&form

Edited by joshuatxuk

On 3/2/2020 at 2:25 PM, Gocab said:

I watched the massively hyped I am not okay with this. People are loving it. But lo and behold, it turns out it's more of the same. Carrie by way of a feelgood retro-fetishizing coming of age dramedy.

Netflix/10

I liked it just fine mostly because I liked the characters and rust belt Pennsylvania setting. The cinematography was excellent. No qualms with the postmodern retro meets modern day stuff, some zoomers are really into throwback fashion and tech (vinyl, tapes). 

The supernatural stuff was almost secondary. 

On 3/6/2020 at 10:44 PM, cloud capture said:

binged all 3 seasons of Dragon Prince on netflix.  I hope they make more.  Some cool fantasy, but extra cool dragons.

Watched this with my girls and we were hooked. Excellent show/watch now.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2020 at 5:22 PM, joshuatxuk said:

5c895f245b066e2097418889?width=1100&form

SteveJobsBook.jpg

oh, damn. I forgot about the new forum quote, was hoping to get Hillary in here as well.

Edited by Gocab
  • Haha 1

Done all of Narcos: Mexico and then went and have almost finished Narcos. Mexico being my favourite. 

I've been watching so much of it I had a dream the other night and it was totally in Spanish. Weird.

Edited by beer badger

4 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Having only seen his mainstream work, I'd be curious what you consider bad?

I'm excited for this though!

Started The New Pope yesterday. Two episodes in, so far.

They've dialled up the weird.

Still looks gorgeous. Some puzzling sex scenes, but, hey, it's a show about the Vatican, so it's not *just* gratuitous. Not as much mystery as The Young Pope, but that's to be expected. Put down of pope Francis II in the first episode was a bit too much, but that was over quickly. The rest is a lot less obvious. Still weird enough.

Did I mention weird?

Also: gorgeous.

Really looking forward to the rest.

MV5BZGQzZDk2NTgtNTRjMS00MDI0LWIwZWQtNDZjODZhOGI1YzliXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,675,1000_AL_.jpg

Edited by rhmilo
  • Like 1

Just finished True Detective season 3. 
Quite Good/10

Cruised through it. I love how the A story, B story and C story are all solving the same crime with the same characters at different times in their lives. 
Mahershala is pretty amazing. His old-makeup is really well done, too. 

24 minutes ago, rhmilo said:

Started The New Pope yesterday. Two episodes in, so far.

They've dialled up the weird.

Still looks gorgeous. Some puzzling sex scenes, but, hey, it's a show about the Vatican, so it's not *just* gratuitous. Not as much mystery as The Young Pope, but that's to be expected. Put down of pope Francis II in the first episode was a bit too much, but that was over quickly. The rest is a lot less obvious. Still weird enough.

Did I mention weird?

Also: gorgeous.

Really looking forward to the rest.

MV5BZGQzZDk2NTgtNTRjMS00MDI0LWIwZWQtNDZjODZhOGI1YzliXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,675,1000_AL_.jpg

Shit, Sorrentino is doing TV? Thanks for the heads-up! Check his movies if you haven't... 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tim_J said:

Shit, Sorrentino is doing TV? Thanks for the heads-up! Check his movies if you haven't... 

Shit, he does movies? Thanks for the heads-up!

• Farnsworth 1

Started watching Dark. Or D A R K, whatever. I feel like this is going to be a long road to nowhere. And I can't stop seeing Ulrich as John Doggett. Is this show worth the time?