IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Currently getting back into development on Open Tibia an open source private version of Tibia now newly compatible with Unity so you can mod the client, graphics, gameplay to your liking. I'm gonna try to add music to the game, learn a thing or two about game dev and server hosting.

8 hours ago, IDEM said:

Has anyone seen the recent leaks for The Last of Us 2? Apparently, the story and certain characters are considered "controversial" and have gotten a lot of flak from gamers ... Dunno why, as I try to avoid major spoilers, but I guess it might have to do with the female lead? I'm still looking forward to it and hope it gets released soon; Naughty Dog games are pretty much the only must-haves for me these days.

Sorry if this has been discussed, haven"t been following the thread.

I haven't looked at the spoilers either (apparently they got hacked and folks got ahold of the game from the ND servers), but I think it's just hyperbole... the game will be good, as evidenced by the latest trailer:

Three new Luke Vibert albums in May/June/July, PS5 reveal possibly happening in early June, TLoU II release mid-June, Ghost of Tsushima mid-July...

Summer is looking really fucking good at this point aside from Death Stranding having become a reality and all.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, oscillik said:

I'm sorry to hear you've had to become an Amazon delivery driver, @Skeletron

Nah, they're the heroes of the story. I'm just another NPC hunkered down in my underground shelter ordering shit online. When I get a delivery I shout "thanks Sam!" at the retreating figure and quickly pull the goods inside as the blast doors slam shut.

• Like 1

SsethTzeentach might be my favorite gaming channel. He's the reason I discovered Synthetik.

Also, mushroom glitch planets in NMS might be the most IDM thing I've ever experienced in gaming.

Edited by timbre monke
  • Like 1

blew through FFVII remake. loved it. 

I literally have nothing else in my life before school starts so I picked up the FFXII remaster zodiac age on sale and putting some hours on that. it's fun. Final Fantasy games are so hilarious. JRPGs are always better than WRPGs because they understand how inherently ridiculous the format is.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nebraska said:

i77dJ.png

can't believe i hadn't heard of this game before until today

The Ghost in the Shell games for PS1/2 are some of my favorite games on those consoles.  I used the CD for this one ^ as a template for my faded ass Fuchikoma tattoo.  Still need to watch the new Netflix series.   Good find Nebraska.

• Like 2

Also, if you play Tetris 99 this weekend and get at least 100 points in the Maximus Tournament, you get an Animal Crossing theme for the game!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Also, if you play Tetris 99 this weekend and get at least 100 points in the Maximus Tournament, you get an Animal Crossing theme for the game!

These themes keep me coming back, but I wish they would rerun the Gameboy theme, it had the 8-bit music and everything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rubin Farr said:

These themes keep me coming back, but I wish they would rerun the Gameboy theme, it had the 8-bit music and everything.

Splatoon theme is my go-to 

• Like 1

Yeah, that's amazing looking. Makes the Xbox Series X gameplay reveal stream look even more facepalmy. I guess this tech/engine is coming to all platforms so the future's looking bright.

Edited by Gocab

1 hour ago, Gocab said:

Yeah, that's amazing looking. Makes the Xbox Series X gameplay reveal stream look even more facepalmy. I guess this tech/engine is coming to all platforms so the future's looking bright.

Not quite — I've been reading up on the storage architecture that Sony have implemented with the PS5, which is essentially that the M.2 SSD they're using for storage is more akin to RAM, so load times should be non-existant. Not even the PC Master Race can get anywhere near that.

Anyone familiar with the PS2 MTV Music Generator 2 scene?  I wasn't aware of it til last year, but some acts like Moon Wiring Club came from this rather obscure mini genre: