IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

A lot of Nintendo eShop accts are getting breached recently, especially if you have a Paypal acct linked.  Two factor auth. is recommended. 

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27496/~/how-to-set-up-2-step-verification-for-a-nintendo-account

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Anyone play Killer Queen Black?  I became inferested in it after playing an arcade cabinet.  The evolution of Joust, 4on4

LOL, you found an arcade?

Finished RDR2 a while ago. Damn what a good game. Up there with Witcher 3.

Playing uncharted 4 at the moment. Also really nice. Couldn't really get into the 1,2 and 3 though. Too old and too many puzzles. Like Skyrim has too many boring dungeons.

It's like around 2014 game developers really found out how to balance everything out just right. 

18 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Is there much of an Animal Crossing player base on here?  I know joyrex and a few others play it, and it's setting sales records.

I’m playing it. I’m annoyed though, cause I set up my kid as the first player/settler, which I guess means she gets all the main challenges from Tom Nook. Wish Nintendo would fix that because I’m locked out from really advancing the game - only she can.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/fo13xf/animal_crossing_broken_multiplayer_is_frustrating/

Aside from that, it’s been a whole lot of fun!

1 hour ago, Extralife said:

I’m playing it. I’m annoyed though, cause I set up my kid as the first player/settler, which I guess means she gets all the main challenges from Tom Nook. Wish Nintendo would fix that because I’m locked out from really advancing the game - only she can.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/fo13xf/animal_crossing_broken_multiplayer_is_frustrating/

Aside from that, it’s been a whole lot of fun!

Yeah Amazon got review bombed with 1 stars bc of only one island per game.

20 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Is there much of an Animal Crossing player base on here?  I know joyrex and a few others play it, and it's setting sales records.

Me.  Mostly for 30-45 minutes a day, but it’s chill.  No pressure either.  

paradox games is giving away the parklife DLC for their game Cities:Skylines until the 26th.  Only available through PC version/steam.  That game can suck hours of life from you with little notice.

PAC-MAN™ CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION 2 is free until May 2nd on XBOX Live, Steam, and PSN (although for me on PSN it's still showing as $12.99 - keep refreshing or checking back laters

• Like 1

XCOM: Chimera Squad just released. I completed two missions so far. Doesn't feel quite like an XCOM game in the traditional sense, but almost like a SWAT simulator. As before, the division between factions this time is no longer along lines of race or species, but rather along faith and motives. Interesting seeing how the franchise has evolved since the 90s.

The new Breach game mechanic is pretty cool too, as this wasn't an official option in past installments and therefore players were easily prone to haphazard assaults into rooms or areas of high enemy concentration. Plus you no longer need any fancy tasers or other devices to capture live targets. You can simply subdue them, but you have to be in melee range.

10 minutes ago, pcock said:

disco elysium finally clicked. im about 3 hours in and loving it. happy to see more of this style like an interactive book rpg.

My cousin has been talking fondly about this game, and the reviews appear to back that up. Guess I'll have to add it to my wish list.

Edited by timbre monke

I didnt initially realise that the rpg aspect is almost entirely conversation based. because you have an inventory space for bullets i thought it was an introduction. once i realised that the conversations are the game it started making alot more sense. the skill trees are fairly overwhelming at the start.

Picked up a couple Indies and they are all excellent so far for different reasons.

Ape out (favorite so far), GatoRoboto, Minit

I've had my eye on disco Elysium but haven't picked it up yet. Is it the kind of game that can be played in ~30m-1hr bursts, or does the experience/structure lend itself to longer sittings? I find I only have time to play games bit by bit

Also considering void bastards, but would ask the same question as with disco Elysium

Edited by markedone

Just now, markedone said:

Picked up a couple Indies and they are all excellent so far for different reasons.

Ape out (favorite so far), GatoRoboto, Minit

I've had my eye on disco Elysium but haven't picked it up yet. Is it the kind of game that can be played in ~30m-1hr bursts, or does the experience/structure lend itself to longer sittings? I find I only have time to play games bit by bit

Also considering void bastards, but would ask the same question as with disco Elysium

Void Bastards can absolutely be played in brief time bursts, as most vessel raids take about 10 minutes. Also if you have a Nintendo Switch it'll be available May 7th.

Edited by timbre monke

10 hours ago, timbre monke said:

Void Bastards can absolutely be played in brief time bursts, as most vessel raids take about 10 minutes. Also if you have a Nintendo Switch it'll be available May 7th.

Cool thanks! PC, so i'll probably get it soon

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

The 90s game Flashback is currently $1 on Switch eShop

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/flashback-switch/

Holy shit thank you for the information !! Flashback is one of my favorite games, I recently unearthed my Megadrive to play it again lol but at this price it's a steal.

The only problem imo is that the "remastered" soundtrack sounds very bad compared to the Megadrive OST... But I guess that's just me being nostalgic !

• Like 1

I 'member playing the 2013 remaster once, but the voice acting/dialogue was so cringe that I had to stop.

I think it was a sequel to Another World/Out Of This World, and prequel to Fade To Black which was full 3D (but kinda sucked). Was one of my favorite games on the SNES back then. And early Blizzard's game Blackthorne had very similar gameplay.

Those of us who were here in early November 2013 might also remember a certain Featured Artist adopting the Flashback title artwork as his avatar...

Edited by timbre monke
  • Like 1