IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Picked up the EU import of Brain Training for Switch, mostly bc it wasn't a huge run game, and it bombed in Japan, but if u were a fan of the DS versions, this is pretty nice to see in HD.  The Dr. Mario mini game has my gf hooked, also includes Sudoku, and a pretty cool Rock Paper Scissors using the IR camera, you can even use it on your face which is funny.  The EU box art is superior to the generic looking Japanese version.

IMG_4890.JPG

IMG_4891.JPG

• Like 1

been trying out some older games on my new 4k tv at full res, alien isolation,dishonored,bioshock remastered,mass effect 2,skyrim se, all look and run amazing,like remasters!...,the dishonored sequels,gta v,and any driving sim..not so good,going to complete dishonored 1 now,forgot how good it is, that control game looks great,and its "free" on psnow,will give that a try next

Edited by sunshine recorder

Sony to reveal PS5 gameplay on 4 June - unknown if they will finally show the console itself (their not revealing it this late is making me wonder if there is a reason why)...

15 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Picked up the EU import of Brain Training for Switch, mostly bc it wasn't a huge run game, and it bombed in Japan, but if u were a fan of the DS versions, this is pretty nice to see in HD.  The Dr. Mario mini game has my gf hooked, also includes Sudoku, and a pretty cool Rock Paper Scissors using the IR camera, you can even use it on your face which is funny.  The EU box art is superior to the generic looking Japanese version.

IMG_4890.JPG

IMG_4891.JPG

I like the Japanese version better, IMO.

It's about time they come out with some more info, other than the spec reveal. The hype machine seems to be in hibernation.

• Like 1

I finally played thru the pre-alpha demo of Nightdive Studios' remake of System Shock. Most if it anyway up until it crashed.

It certainly has potential, but it's also apparent that NDS still have a lot of work ahead of them. Something tells me a definitive release date will be set for 2022 at the earliest.

Also I re-installed Bioshock Infinite on the new PC because I feel like has some symbolic parallels to the current Floyd murder aftermath, even though it came out back in March 2013. I guess Ken Levine was prophetic in a way.

Edited by timbre monke

11 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Blatant nostalgia cash grab by SEGA - who is actually going to play games on a 1.15" screen?

Also, each color variant comes with unique games - again, cash grab.

Last week I heard sega was going to release something really big, do you think this is it??

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Blatant nostalgia cash grab by SEGA - who is actually going to play games on a 1.15" screen?

agreed. they could've just released a master system mini since the game gear was basically a handheld version of that. 

52 minutes ago, yekker said:

Last week I heard sega was going to release something really big, do you think this is it??

There was a rumour that SEGA was going to get back into the console business... I can't see them trying to compete with Sony and Microsoft and Nintendo at this point - while SEGA has many loved properties, nobody would flock to any new console just to play them. SEGA is better off being multiplatform (and I say this as a longtime SEGA fan).

4 hours ago, yekker said:

"The “huge scoop” teased by Nishikawa is that Sega is doing research and development on “Fog Gaming,” a potential new game platform that could be utilized by Japanese arcades.

Fog Gaming would repurpose arcades across Japan as part of the cloud, as well as channel arcade game machines’ CPUs and GPUs, resulting in lower costs. This would provide ultra low latency, and the concept is similar to fog computing. Players would be able to enjoy high-quality games, and arcades would be able to make money even after business hours."

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/05/japanese-tech-journalist-teases-huge-scoop-on-the-level-of-wireds-ps5-article-for-june-4-due-issue-of-weekly-famitsu

23 hours ago, Joyrex said:

There was a rumour that SEGA was going to get back into the console business... I can't see them trying to compete with Sony and Microsoft and Nintendo at this point - while SEGA has many loved properties, nobody would flock to any new console just to play them. SEGA is better off being multiplatform (and I say this as a longtime SEGA fan).

@Joyrex you are just plain wrong — the Atari VCS has been immensely popular…

• Haha 1

51 Clubhouse Games was def worth the $29.99 I paid for it, good old bowling is almost Wii worthy, shooting gallery is great, fishing is even pretty zen.  They lost the plot on golf though, the entire Wii Golf area is rendered, but it's only a  bird's eye view, lame.  I'm sure they're saving a full-fledged motion control golf game for Mario Golf at some point.  There's also a free version for download play, and includes 4 online games.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/clubhouse-games-51-worldwide-classics-switch/