IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

I put xbox one thumb sticks in my ps4 pad. Should have done it years ago.

Yeah, I've outfit my Dualshocks with these guys: https://www.amazon.com/Thumbsticks-Playstation-Replacement-Accessories-Controllers-4/dp/B01KZKWX5O

Metal? I want those ones now.

You'd think the notched edges would destroy your thumbs, but quite the opposite - I find my thumbs not slipping off the sticks like they do with the standard ones. Plus, they are a bit higher, so you get better directional 'travel' from them versus the standard.

Added bonus is they never wear out, and the rubber coating doesn't tear off after 6 months like the standard sticks (these do not have any coating; I mean they are far more durable than the rubber-coated plastic ones)

I bought dragon quest xi because of you guys and so far I'm pretty bored. I love the enemy design, but that's about it.

i bought it and did the pro sound track mod. started playing it and heard the english vo and immediately turned it off. couldn't switch it to jp. i guess i could just turn the vo off entirely. just haven't had time to go back to it with how much pub i'm still playing (sadly)
Yeah, I just turned it down really low and skip when I've read the text box, since I'm on PS4 I have to listen to the annoying synth orchestra, which I've also turned down pretty low. There is no Japanese voice track, the Japanese version is all text boxes.

I guess I'll stick to it a little longer. The endlessly respawning enemies throw me off, I have no idea know how much time I'm supposed to grind in each area.

The general DQ formula is if a boss whoops yer ass easily, you need to grind a few levels and try again.

I just played 3 hours of Odyssey and god damn. This game is good.

I assume you mean AC Odyssey, not Mario. Lol

I would have believed it if he was referring to Mario, as how can a formulaic yearly release actually get better over time? Typically they do not (see: CoD, Battlefield, Madden, etc.)

Working my way through Far Cry 5 right now. This game is pretty intense and much tougher than FC3.

Repeatedly getting "randomly" captured only to escape is a pretty lazy narrative device, though.

Good gameplay overall, but even after having completed it I'm still not quite satisfied with the choice of main enemy combatants. If it were up to me to write the story I would've changed them to a well-armed, drone-equipped private army linked to a major oil company with government ties, rather than a Christian radical hobo militia fighting for their Duck Dynasty Jesus. The bad guys in the original 2004 Far Cry were mercs, after all - would've been cool for Ubisoft to go back to the game's roots in that manner.

tryna 100% Dishonored. I'm p tired of DLC that just adds stupidly difficult challenge content. to be fair, that's only 1 of the 3 DLCs for this game, but still.

Working my way through Far Cry 5 right now. This game is pretty intense and much tougher than FC3.

Repeatedly getting "randomly" captured only to escape is a pretty lazy narrative device, though.

Good gameplay overall, but even after having completed it I'm still not quite satisfied with the choice of main enemy combatants. If it were up to me to write the story I would've changed them to a well-armed, drone-equipped private army linked to a major oil company with government ties, rather than a Christian radical hobo militia fighting for their Duck Dynasty Jesus. The bad guys in the original 2004 Far Cry were mercs, after all - would've been cool for Ubisoft to go back to the game's roots in that manner.

I actually like the choice of enemy, even though it gives me a visceral response. The setting was a nice change of pace, too. You can just walk around and enjoy looking at the landscape if you want.

I just like being stealthy and liberating outposts, so the story isn't too important to me. The best thing about FC3 was that you could reset all of the outposts and redo all of them.

tryna 100% Dishonored. I'm p tired of DLC that just adds stupidly difficult challenge content. to be fair, that's only 1 of the 3 DLCs for this game, but still.

Which one was really difficult? The witches of brunswick?

I actually like the choice of enemy, even though it gives me a visceral response. The setting was a nice change of pace, too. You can just walk around and enjoy looking at the landscape if you want.

I just like being stealthy and liberating outposts, so the story isn't too important to me. The best thing about FC3 was that you could reset all of the outposts and redo all of them.

Out of curiosity have you tried the Far Cry Arcade maps? It's a mixed bag overall, but some of the maps are very well done and are pretty damn fun. There were times I'd fire up FC5 just to browse Arcade maps to play. Thought about making my own map too.

I made it to 282 seconds in Devil Daggers. so fucking hard. need to hit 500 seconds.

Which one was really difficult? The witches of brunswick?

Dunwall City Trials. it's not story-based, unlike the two Daud DLCs (Knife of Dunwall + Brigmore Witches), it's purely challenge maps and that.

Out of curiosity have you tried the Far Cry Arcade maps? It's a mixed bag overall, but some of the maps are very well done and are pretty damn fun. There were times I'd fire up FC5 just to browse Arcade maps to play. Thought about making my own map too.

Haven't yet since it requires I make a Ubisoft club account, but I want to.

I caved and bought Blops 4. Blackout mode is cool if you like killing one person then getting sniped 15 minutes later by the second other person you encounter. The regular COD multiplayer is the same stuff as all the other games with some new modes, seems fine. I don't play the zombie mode and there's no campaign because who cares. 

I will get though so many audio books while playing this mindless shit.

^it sounds like you really hate playing that lol

I'm trying to finish up Hyper Light Drifter (finally) I'm like...2/3s of the way through I think? Exploring a bit but I know I'm missing a little bit here and there, maybe will give me something to come back and play with later after I finish? The vibe of the game is damned nice though, really the only reason I haven't finished it was I didn't want it to be over.

Intermittently playing a new-ish DS3 character and doing some Bloodborne dungeons too. Really just into games for the vibes right now tbh. I guess I'm a filthy casual.

Except, it doesn't. Hence my question.

Anyways, looks like something autistic plebs from 1996 would play on their Dell laptop so I'm not really interested in searching it out. 

When you stop sipping the cunt juice let me know.

It's so easy to craft a pleasant helpful response yet you opt to be a dick, quite telling. 

I'll choose reciprocation over recidivism tonight. ;0

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

yeah, yeah. meanwhile I still remember what a chud you were when you first started posting and what you still reveal yourself to be every now and then when this veneer of gross over-friendliness you project slips, Mr. Social Capital. I don't have time for your grub ass. (and lol at forming an opinion of the game through mere butthurt)