IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

so uhhh did anyone get spiderman?

Yeah. Already got the platinum. Anything you want to know?

Currently playing The Talos Principle. I'm crushing through it so far, but expecting it to get harder later.

so uhhh did anyone get spiderman?

Yeah. Already got the platinum. Anything you want to know?

Currently playing The Talos Principle. I'm crushing through it so far, but expecting it to get harder later.

talos was really easy at first and you get through a substantial number of the puzzles. then it gets quite hard. never finished. should go back.

Bought an Xbox One X in anticipation of Red Dead Redemption 2. Playing GTA V and going to start on Far Cry V after that.

Is Destiny 2 worth getting?

cool. My other question is how easy is it. insomniac are known for pretty easy games. ratchet and clanks are always a breeze and just fun to play through. No need to grind or other dumb shit that a casual gamer doesn’t care about. so I’m hoping for an easy, fun ride where a New York architecture nerd can geek out about the accuracy of the buildings. I don’t want to spend hours perfecting the combat or other shit. I don’t care about that.

cool. My other question is how easy is it. insomniac are known for pretty easy games. ratchet and clanks are always a breeze and just fun to play through. No need to grind or other dumb shit that a casual gamer doesn’t care about. so I’m hoping for an easy, fun ride where a New York architecture nerd can geek out about the accuracy of the buildings. I don’t want to spend hours perfecting the combat or other shit. I don’t care about that.

Yes, not super difficult. It's my first platinum ever. Some of the challenges can be difficult to get perfect scores, but you definitely don't need to do all of them to unlock all the suits, and you don't need to do any of them to beat the game. It's perfect for geeking out on New York architecture. There are two separate things where you find hidden landmarks.

almost a decade after Bioshock first began and over five years after Infinite was first released, I have just finished playing through the two Burial at Sea episodes to bring the grand story to a close.

Ken Levine wrapped it all up in a nicely circular if quite dark and sad way, at least for Liz and Booker (Jack is the real light at the end of the tunnel). my thoughts are swirling at the moment around the multifaceted story elements and all the time travel/quantum physics fuckery, and especially because this was a series that had some emotional resonance with me - not sure what to feel yet.

I worry about reports that a new Bioshock game is in development with zero involvement from Ken L, who has moved with Ghost Story Games (when are they releasing their first game??). the bar is impossibly high after the way Infinite finished, and this whole thing is his brainchild anyway, only he could handle any further Bioshock stories right.

Morphite might be my new favorite mobile game. It's like Metroid meets No Man's Sky. Dead Shell (a dungeon crawler) has been surprisingly addictive as well.

CrossCode looks intriguing as well. Dropped on Steam about a week ago and so far as gotten stellar reviews. Appears to be influenced by Secret of Mana by the looks of it. Might grab it later if I can force myself out of my open world FPS comfort zone.

PS4 only (for now). Konami a wasteman

"In An All New Console Experience" - Aye sure it is Konami, sure it took you ages to whack a game select menu on those two existing PS Store games

Forza Horizon 4 on PC is amazing. After the unfortunate mess that was FH3's troubled PC launch, it's great to see how well Playground have turned it around for this one. I can't quite muster a solid 60fps at 2560x1600 (16:10 monitor) with my system, but dialling it back to native res (1920x1200) with higher in-game settings hits a nice visual sweet spot with 60fps locked.

Early days, but it has an immensely satisfying driving model once you flip most of the assists off. I'd go so far as to say it's the best any Forza game has ever had, and I've gone through them all (except FM5). Weekly seasons and constant event updates are going to be great fun, can't wait to get stuck in.

Another batshit insane Death Stranding trailer from TGS 2018 - Troy Baker is apparently playing a baddie:

Some sort of massive anus beast right there

Looks like we'll have another groundbreaking scene where the president of the US of A grabs the anus beast by it's crotch and says "you... you're an anus!?"

my own lil hectic arcade game.. been working on an update for it the last few days and playing it way too much while testing.. my eyes have gone wrong... (it's at https://eryngi.itch.io/forget-me-not-r ...self promotion yehhh... if anyone on here wants a free copy just message me tho hey)

Finally getting around to playing the Witness. Beautiful game, and challenging

Also can't recommend Onward enough. One of the few games truely worthy of VR

anyone play Lone Echo? I tried it and the zero gravity mechanics in this game are neat. I think there's like one other guy with VR here and it's PSVR

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-09-30-google-has-hidden-a-text-adventure-game-in-chrome

Google has hidden a text adventure game in Chrome

A secret text adventure game has been discovered in the source code of Google Chrome.

A Redditor found the easter egg by typing "text adventure" into google.com and opening Chrome's javascript console. Beneath a warning reminding users never to manually copy and paste anything nefarious into the code, the console asks: "Would you like to play a game? (yes/no)".

While not exactly complex, the story - which is a mission to locate the missing letters of the Google logo by way of simple text directions - requires you to navigate by way of a series of directional instructions, plus the actions "grab", "inventory", and "use". You can also ask "why", and bring up all commands available to you via "help".

Screen_Shot_2018_09_30_at_12.38.10.png

The secret game is reportedly only unlockable on the .com domain

Right now it's not clear how long the game's been available for, but it would appear u/attempt_number_1 is the first person to report the finding, and according to u/jeremyhoffman, the locations depicted in the game seem to correspond to "Google Mountain View buildings 45/47 on Charleston Road", giving rise to the theory that the programmer works from the Charleston campus.

To play yourself, open Google Chrome, and search for the term "text adventure". On the front landing page, type Ctrl+Shift+I - or CMD+option+I if you're using a Mac - and you'll find the game in the console. Just make sure you're using google.com; right now, it doesn't seem to be available on any of Google's local pages like co.uk.