IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

No Man's Sky is surprisingly immersive now. Of course it's been getting massive updates in recent months. But getting back into it after two years when it was initially launched, I think it's finally living up to the 2016 hype. I think Hello Games should've just delayed the initial launch until this year, but then again I can forgive them for being a still new, somewhat inexperienced developer. Because I'm actually enjoying this game now.

I think Sony helped push them to release it. And then they shat all over Hello Games afterwards:

Yoshida said that personally, he "really enjoyed" playing No Man's Sky but could appreciate why others might not feel the same way.

"I understand some of the criticisms especially Sean Murray is getting, because he sounded like he was promising more features in the game from day one.

"It wasn't a great PR strategy, because he didn't have a PR person helping him, and in the end he is an indie developer. But he says their plan is to continue to develop No Man's Sky features and such, and I'm looking forward to continuing to play the game."

"...and in the end he is an indie developer"

That sentence sticks out like a sore thumb because it was Sony who threw Sean Murray up on stage at E3 and made a physical release of the game. Sony marketed the game as if it was a first party PS4 game.

So in that case it wasn't entirely Murray's fault but rather pressure from Sony. Either way, I'd say all is forgiven at this point. Still getting used to the controls and such, but I'm thoroughly enjoying it now.

For example. I just experienced a new horror element to the game. Everything seems relatively serene during your stroll across across the planetary landscape, but then there's a chance of stumbling upon a derelict outpost infested with parasitic fauna, broken machinery, and corrupted terminals. And the eggs...don't shoot the eggs...

Edited by ambermonk

fhooow9exn.png

Games and their stupid sexy photo modes, I can't resist 'em

OK, that one looks rendered, but still quite good :dadjoke:

Just the music is kinda meh for Mega Man standards, at least. Not annoyingly bad, just a bit bland, can't see myself whistling along anytime soon.

Those instrumental arrangements actually are quite alot better, well worth the pre-order :3...

Also: Dr. Light's trial... houly sheet. Some PS4 person got it down in hardly more than 10 minutes already. The game has been out for just a day XP... Jeebus.

Bought MM11, but trying to resist the urge to play it until I finish Dragon Quest 11... but I think I will cave in sooner than later.

OK, so I did cave and ended up playing MM11 (a lot) - either I am starting to suck at games as I am getting older (likely), or MM11 is one of the harder MM games released - I can't recall a single MM game since 9 where I didn't beat at least ONE boss/stage the first day I had the game. I'm playing on 'normal', which I think for most uninitiated MM players would be considered 'hard'. I'm happy though the game is a challenge (to me).

*waits for someone to chime in how they beat the game in a few hours*

:)

Yeah i'm working on the under-one-hour-on-normal-or-higher rn, after that there's only the Light trial left at least as far as achievements are concerned. You should just lame it out for the time being with the new gear system (especially suppido) until you're familiarized with the stage layouts (which are considerably longer than usual)! The game is easily among hardest of the series without it, with it however i'd say it's very manageable, easier than 9 for sure. Also a power-gear-loaded shot of the right weapon will beat most robot master and minibosses in a matter of seconds.

I'd recommend the following order:

Tundra, Torch, Blast, Block, Acid, Impact, Bounce, Fuse

Also don't feel bad grinding screws and buying tanks like crazy (despite beating the game numerous times i'm still missing some of those parts funnily enough).

I BELIEV IN U!

(edit: my first playthrough was like 5/6 hours, too. things get easier really fast once you know what you're doing, the new weapon wheel function is really helpful, too, once you memorize the respective positions)

Edited by jaderpansen

pointless Ruiner update.

cheat mode...

yeah, pretty lame... i mean ppl beat the game in under 50 minutes in speedruns. playing normally it's really rather easy as it is once you're all pimped up (curve is a bit steep fo sho tho). dunno. more like a little treat fishing for casual newcomers rather than a revitalizing update for them "vets" XP.

but hey, it's free, so i ain't complaining.

edit: what a great game that was tho.

Edited by jaderpansen

Is that how long it'll take before you can afford the internet again after being rinsed dry by micro-transactions ?

My existence as a rudderless adult human allows me to grind with reckless abandon, so nah.

I bought dragon quest xi because of you guys and so far I'm pretty bored. I love the enemy design, but that's about it.

I bought dragon quest xi because of you guys and so far I'm pretty bored. I love the enemy design, but that's about it.

i bought it and did the pro sound track mod. started playing it and heard the english vo and immediately turned it off. couldn't switch it to jp. i guess i could just turn the vo off entirely. just haven't had time to go back to it with how much pub i'm still playing (sadly)

DQ is a very traditional, slow-burn RPG - you have to invest a ton of time into it before it starts reaping rewards.

i bought it and did the pro sound track mod. started playing it and heard the english vo and immediately turned it off. couldn't switch it to jp. i guess i could just turn the vo off entirely. just haven't had time to go back to it with how much pub i'm still playing (sadly)

Oddly the original JP release didn't have a Japanese VO - hopefully they'll consider an "international" edition that will contain the JPN VO and then because you're on PC, you can patch it in (or they offer it to both console and PC versions as free DLC).

Yeah, I just turned it down really low and skip when I've read the text box, since I'm on PS4 I have to listen to the annoying synth orchestra, which I've also turned down pretty low. There is no Japanese voice track, the Japanese version is all text boxes.

I guess I'll stick to it a little longer. The endlessly respawning enemies throw me off, I have no idea know how much time I'm supposed to grind in each area.

Edited by Gocab

Working my way through Far Cry 5 right now. This game is pretty intense and much tougher than FC3.

Repeatedly getting "randomly" captured only to escape is a pretty lazy narrative device, though.