IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

10 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

This is my take on it tbh. Although most of those titles (elder scrolls, doom etc) are ones I have always and will continue to play on PC anyways. I can’t imagine playing and enjoying something as fast paced as DOOM on console ?

I'm playing it on xbox and it's dope as fuck. I played Halo competitively back in the day though. The controller is harder to use than a mouse and keyboard but I've been doing it for ages.

6 minutes ago, Braintree said:

I'm playing it on xbox and it's dope as fuck. I played Halo competitively back in the day though. The controller is harder to use than a mouse and keyboard but I've been doing it for ages.

Seriously hey? Shooters are something I’ve always played on PC, the mouse/keyboard and (used to be, I haven’t checked in a long time) latency always made for a better multi experience. These days I do enjoy the campaigns for shooters more than multi. It’s worth me checking out then in your opinion? 

1 hour ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Seriously hey? Shooters are something I’ve always played on PC, the mouse/keyboard and (used to be, I haven’t checked in a long time) latency always made for a better multi experience. These days I do enjoy the campaigns for shooters more than multi. It’s worth me checking out then in your opinion? 

I grew up playing both. As far as comfort of controls goes, on console it varies by game. It's a bit more standard on PC. For single player, you can get just as much enjoyment out of either, but for multiplayer it varies. Call of Duty generally has the best controls, even if the game sucks. I love the Far Cry series but the fluidity of their controls is a bit shoddy.

Either way, you can enjoy the main campaign of an FPS on a console just as much as you can for a PC. It's just a slightly different experience.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Enthusiast said:

The rumors that they are buying Sega won't go away. 

Nah, SEGA doesn't have the modern cache it once had sadly... beyond Sonic I bet most 20 somethings would struggle to name a classic SEGA game from history...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Nah, SEGA doesn't have the modern cache it once had sadly... beyond Sonic I bet most 20 somethings would struggle to name a classic SEGA game from history...

I imagine you mean aside from them pulling in billions and billions from their arcade and slot machine biz of course?

1 hour ago, Braintree said:

I grew up playing both. As far as comfort of controls goes, on console it varies by game. It's a bit more standard on PC. For single player, you can get just as much enjoyment out of either, but for multiplayer it varies. Call of Duty generally has the best controls, even if the game sucks. I love the Far Cry series but the fluidity of their controls is a bit shoddy.

Either way, you can enjoy the main campaign of an FPS on a console just as much as you can for a PC. It's just a slightly different experience.

My friend and I used to connect two 360s together lan style and play each other in halo and cod. It was a blast having your own screen and it was equal because we both had controllers and were somewhat same skill wise. I imagine it's different when you play online and some people are using controllers and some mice...

Edited by yekker
  • Like 1

On 9/23/2020 at 12:57 AM, Hugh Mughnus said:

I imagine you mean aside from them pulling in billions and billions from their arcade and slot machine biz of course?

SEGA today makes more money from Pachinko (maybe that's what you meant by slot machine) than they do their arcade or home video games... once upon a time, SEGA was a household name and their arcade and home consoles were right up there with Nintendo. Then, Sony came along.

40 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

SEGA today makes more money from Pachinko (maybe that's what you meant by slot machine) than they do their arcade or home video games... once upon a time, SEGA was a household name and their arcade and home consoles were right up there with Nintendo. Then, Sony came along.

Yes Pachinko! (not slot machines heh). That's where the vast majority of their revenue comes from these days. They still pull in 3+ billion in USD per year but I doubt we ever see Sega back in the console market. The big 3 console producers are probably going to stay on top until something revolutionary comes out in terms of technology (probably VR/AR related, once these technologies get cheaper?)

I still remember when we (whole family) got a Sega Saturn lol. I think we still had blue couches and drapes in the living room (remnants of that godawful 1980s interior design trend). 

Dreamcast was actually pretty great as a console, but I think generally considered a commercial failure? 

*Reminisces*

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

looks like Rocket League going free2play has driven the average concurrent players from 100k to over a million since yesterday.  In related news, I was hoping to get some easy wins but I somehow am worse.  

Edited by cloud capture
added the game

On 9/23/2020 at 6:48 AM, Joyrex said:

The Yakuza, Persona and Total War games are all very popular and highly regarded as well all the legacy stuff. I'm sure Microsoft would be interested in vacuuming up that kind of IP for Game Pass. Sammy would probably sell the video game portion of Sega for the right price and MS are clearly prepared to throw crazy money around at the moment. 

I hope they don't. Fuck Microsoft. 

Edited by Enthusiast
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

I still remember when we (whole family) got a Sega Saturn lol. I think we still had blue couches and drapes in the living room (remnants of that godawful 1980s interior design trend). 

Sega Saturn is one of the few consoles I haven't played. I remember the hype for it growing up, it was a big thing back then. 

7 minutes ago, yekker said:

Sega Saturn is one of the few consoles I haven't played. I remember the hype for it growing up, it was a big thing back then. 

It's definitely the console that turned me on to RPGs, something that has stuck with me to this day.

I was too young to remember rpgs on the super nintendo, but I remember playing Lunar and Suikoden on the  Saturn.. both series I faithfully followed and played on various other platforms since then!

1 hour ago, yekker said:

I owned one back in the day. Now it's at my brother's house. I wish I still had it to play Nights and Panzer Dragoon.

16 hours ago, Enthusiast said:

The Yakuza, Persona and Total War games are all very popular and highly regarded as well all the legacy stuff. I'm sure Microsoft would be interested in vacuuming up that kind of IP for Game Pass. Sammy would probably sell the video game portion of Sega for the right price and MS are clearly prepared to throw crazy money around at the moment. 

I hope they don't. Fuck Microsoft. 

Persona maybe, but Yakuza and Total War are very niche games...

In other SEGA news, looks like they are reviving Virtua Fighter...

A couple of the Yakuza games are already on gamepass, I'm pretty sure it was announced a while back that all of them would end up there eventually?

Well, maybe not, but a bunch of them anyway. Not spin offs like judgement.

What they really should do is buy the rights to Konami's neglected gaming franchises and bring them back to life.

Edited by Silent Member

On 9/24/2020 at 6:30 PM, Braintree said:

I owned one back in the day. Now it's at my brother's house. I wish I still had it to play Nights and Panzer Dragoon.

Both such great games. 

Have you seen the Panzer Dragoon remake? Coming to PC and PS4 "soon." 

On 9/25/2020 at 11:02 AM, oscillik said:

Aliens: Colonial Marines is the single highest grossing game Sega have ever been invovled with, and garners fantastic reviews from everyone who plays it.

18enqwvbhqw5ygif.gif?w=349&h=196

15 hours ago, luke viia said:

Both such great games. 

Have you seen the Panzer Dragoon remake? Coming to PC and PS4 "soon." 

Is it this one? https://store.steampowered.com/app/1178880/Panzer_Dragoon_Remake/

Looks dope, though.

• Like 1