IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

On 8/19/2021 at 11:47 PM, cichlisuite said:

They are remastering Quake

it's great I guess, probably they gonna measure if a reboot is feasible

THEY BETTER DON'T MASSACRE MY BOY!!!

This has been done by Nightdive Studios (same people who did the DOOM 64 PC port) and it's extremely well done. I'm very impressed with this reissue, so far.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oscillik said:

This has been done by Nightdive Studios (same people who did the DOOM 64 PC port) and it's extremely well done. I'm very impressed with this reissue, so far.

Oh have you played it already? I haven't got around to it yet (tbh I thought it's still in the making - I didn't check). If you say it's extremely well done, then I will be extremely glad to check it out.

5 minutes ago, cichlisuite said:

Oh have you played it already? I haven't got around to it yet (tbh I thought it's still in the making - I didn't check). If you say it's extremely well done, then I will be extremely glad to check it out.

Yeah they've done a good job with it; modernising it enough (better shadows, fog effects, etc) but nothing looks out of place or makes it look weird. Some Quake source ports can push things too far and it detracts from the old school feel. I think this gets the balance right.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, oscillik said:

Nightdive did the remaster? They remastered Blood (Fresh Supply) a couple of years ago as well. AND their full remake of System Shock should be available soon...hopefully.

Given the work they've done the last 8 years (including Turok and Strife remasters), they've become one of my favorite game companies.

Gonna give this Quake remaster a go now..

I'm keen on it. Nightdive are great, I'm so glad they exist. hoping they get past this delay that's holding up the Blade Runner remaster.

6 hours ago, ambermonke said:

Nightdive did the remaster? They remastered Blood (Fresh Supply) a couple of years ago as well. AND their full remake of System Shock should be available soon...hopefully.

Given the work they've done the last 8 years (including Turok and Strife remasters), they've become one of my favorite game companies.

Gonna give this Quake remaster a go now..

I hope they do Quake II . That would make my day...

• Like 2

Yeah I instabought the Quake switch port - I know the base game well enough and don't care about playing it with joysticks. It's a blast running through the levels on a handheld device BUT I really feel like I'm gonna throw up after a 15 minutes session lol.

I also started Axiom Verge 2, it looks beautiful, feels really good to play. Seems to be more on the exploration side, but I feel kinda lost on the map and put it aside for now. It will be a very good game to keep me busy until Metroid Dread comes out !

Edited by Stock
  • Like 1

Finished the base game of the Quake remaster, and now playing the Scourge of Armagon campaign for the first time. And just now bought Perilous Warp, White Hell, and Dread Templar on Steam on top of that. 

With this whole Realms Deep expo it feels like we're in the midst of a "boomer shooter" renaissance. Pretty soon there'll be too many to keep up with.

On 8/23/2021 at 1:07 PM, Stock said:

Yeah I instabought the Quake switch port - I know the base game well enough and don't care about playing it with joysticks. It's a blast running through the levels on a handheld device BUT I really feel like I'm gonna throw up after a 15 minutes session lol.

I also started Axiom Verge 2, it looks beautiful, feels really good to play. Seems to be more on the exploration side, but I feel kinda lost on the map and put it aside for now. It will be a very good game to keep me busy until Metroid Dread comes out !

Metroid is about the only full game I plan on buying since Mario Golf was a dud. The BloodRayne 2D remaster does look good though.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jaderpansen said:

<-hyped.

standalone? either way, nice. Blasphemous has really gained more traction than I would have thought.

edit: I see it's a "concluding chapter" to be downloaded into the main game, it seems

Edited by usagi
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, usagi said:

standalone? either way, nice. Blasphemous has really gained more traction than I would have thought.

edit: I see it's a "concluding chapter" to be downloaded into the main game, it seems

Blasphemous: Wounds of Eventide is a free DLC/update for the main game, coming 09 December 2021.

Sunshine Animation Studio Madrid made the awesome 2D animation for the trailer.
Pretty, pretty, pretty good. Stuff like this makes me want to go into 2D animation.
It seems they also made a trailer for Temtem (a Pokemon-like game on pc).

The devs also announced Blasphemous II.
Oooh yeah! Coming in 2023.
I have unwavering faith in this.
It's going to be miraculous.

"Suscipe, Pater Retortus, orationem nostram.
Fac ut frons sine nomine culpabilissima convertur nobiscumque ibit.
Quoniam Miracolus recreatus est."

Edited by MaartenVC

I've been playing the Super Mario 3D World on Switch. Earlier itt I said I'm done with playing Super Mario games but here are we are again. There are so many fucking extra levels and worlds in this game, jfc. I guess I've finished everything except the last one that requires to collect all the stamps? And you can get all the stamps only by finishing the game with every fucking character? ffs.

The Bowser's Fury is included also but I have only briefly tried it.

Also I've played some StarTropics on the NES emulator and it's such a ridiculous game but somehow addictive. A kind of Zelda rip-off but with weird sci-fi/fantasy/tropical vibe. The hero's main weapon is a yo-yo and he goes around in a submarine..

• Like 2

I've been playing Psychonauts 2, which is good fun and doesn't have the control and camera issues the original had. Also dipping into the Ascent, which is pretty janky and flawed, but I still love it. I think I'm about to hit a point where everything it has to offer turns into routine/repetition unfortunately.

Edited by Silent Member

Just now, zkom said:

I've been playing the Super Mario 3D World on Switch. Earlier itt I said I'm done with playing Super Mario games but here are we are again. There are so many fucking extra levels and worlds in this game, jfc. I guess I've finished everything except the last one that requires to collect all the stamps? And you can get all the stamps only by finishing the game with every fucking character? ffs.

Also I've played some StarTropics on the NES emulator and it's such a ridiculous game but somehow addictive. A kind of Zelda rip-off but with weird sci-fi/fantasy/tropical vibe. The hero's main weapon is a yo-yo and he goes around in a submarine..

Star Tropics...holy shit that takes me back. We're talking literally three decades ago.

Puss 'n Boots & Kiwi Kraze are another couple of NES titles I ought to revisit at some point. Idk if they can be played on Switch tho - emu might be the only option. (Who knows how obtainable the original consoles are these days..)

1 hour ago, zkom said:

You have to try Bowser's Fury. Amazing game.

4 hours ago, ambermonke said:

Star Tropics...holy shit that takes me back. We're talking literally three decades ago.

Oh yeah, that was a good one! The idea with the hidden message irl blew my mind quite a bit back then. ?