IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

10 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Anyone planning on getting the new Aliens shooter? 

10185613-EF50-442E-8E80-C13628E4E13C.jpeg

Possibly...possibly. Looks cool. Plus this one isn't touched by Gearbox so we know Randy Bitchford can't make it cringey.

I got one chapter left to go in Doom 2016 (playing on UV). Will probably finish before lunch. Not a fan of Doom Eternal tho b/c it's overcaffeinated edgelord shit, not to mention a plot salad.

Might finish HL: Alyx today too. Feels like I'm getting the hang of it better compared to last year. Get enough ginger in your system and smooth motion isn't really a problem. Just finished the Jeff chapter - only got killed once. Also just found out that a former Capcom employee now working for Valve was responsible for his design, which actually makes a lot of sense.

And speaking of VR I just purchased Into The Radius which was on sale. Appears to be VR S.T.A.L.K.E.R. basically, so I said "fucc yeah, I'm in."

EDIT: Just completed HL: Alyx once again. Watching the credits to the very end is a reminder that HL3 is still probable.

Edited by ambermonke
  • Like 1

Steam community mods are absolutely worthless human beings. I learned today exactly how pointless it is trying to enforce any sort of principle or good practice on the platform, which in its moderation/content control aspect is far shittier than any of the social media platforms.

today, someone attempted to scam me and hijack my account by impersonating a mod. first time I've experienced this in my 16 years on Steam. they tried this roundabout bullshit process that relied on instilling fear in you about your account being suspended, which immediately raised red flags. I played along for a bit and took screenshots of everything, then told the guy to fuck off and reported the profile he used to contact me. I then posted the whole story with evidence in the general community forum, thinking naively that someone should know and do something about this, particularly since it was a real mod being impersonated and the methods the scammer had used could reasonably convince more vulnerable people of his false identity. not only did nobody give a shit about what I posted, but I got flak for bringing it up since it apparently happens all the time and all the real mods have scammer doppelgangers running around with impunity. apparently I should have known this already. the cherry on top: I posted a direct link to the scammer's profile and said to watch out for him, and I got a warning for identifying him individually. lol. his profile's still active.

I wish I could push a button and wholesale annihilate the gaming community while still being able to play video games.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, usagi said:

Steam community mods are absolutely worthless human beings. I learned today exactly how pointless it is trying to enforce any sort of principle or good practice on the platform, which in its moderation/content control aspect is far shittier than any of the social media platforms.

today, someone attempted to scam me and hijack my account by impersonating a mod. first time I've experienced this in my 16 years on Steam. they tried this roundabout bullshit process that relied on instilling fear in you about your account being suspended, which immediately raised red flags. I played along for a bit and took screenshots of everything, then told the guy to fuck off and reported the profile he used to contact me. I then posted the whole story with evidence in the general community forum, thinking naively that someone should know and do something about this, particularly since it was a real mod being impersonated and the methods the scammer had used could reasonably convince more vulnerable people of his false identity. not only did nobody give a shit about what I posted, but I got flak for bringing it up since it apparently happens all the time and all the real mods have scammer doppelgangers running around with impunity. apparently I should have known this already. the cherry on top: I posted a direct link to the scammer's profile and said to watch out for him, and I got a warning for identifying him individually. lol. his profile's still active.

I wish I could push a button and wholesale annihilate the gaming community while still being able to play video games.

You can report someone by using the menu on the top right of their Steam Profile.
Your report will then be reviewed. But it can take a while.
In the meantime you can block them.
But yeah, the Steam forums themselves are not a really nice place in general.
I find it better to stick with the Community Pages of the Games themselves: their Reviews, Screenshots, Discussions,...
Or reddit. It's usually more wholesome.

yeah, I reported the guy first before posting about it in the forums. again, in detail. I don't expect anything will be done.

Got up to about 60% of the way through Wily's castle in Mega Man II after work before I got tired of it.

Also slowly chipping my way through Gremlins 2, maybe 20 minutes a week.  Up to 4-2 so far.

• Like 1

Finally finished Black Mesa. I can kinda see why it took 15 years of development now. The design and detail that went into the game is insane. These guys pretty much pushed the Source 1 engine to its limit.

On 7/3/2021 at 2:13 PM, onecaseman said:

Beat Miles Morales. Got to I think final boss of Streets of Rage 4 and can't beat the damn twins.

So I assume it's worth playing? (Miles) SoR 4 is great - keep trying!

3 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Bah, who cares - who wants a 720P OLED?

2 hours ago, Enthusiast said:

Good. Hopefully no new Nintendo console until next year or 2023. 

If the chip shortages continue (which is likely why this "upgrade" came now so they would have something for this holiday season to compete with the non-existant PS5 and Series X/S shortages.

1 hour ago, Rubin Farr said:

lol

Not even a screen upgrade, really - a bit larger, but still 720P.

28 minutes ago, Squee said:

Oh, the nerds are angry because they didn't get what they demanded? What else is new?

I think it's more a case of "why?" than anything else...

3 hours ago, Joyrex said:

So I assume it's worth playing? (Miles) SoR 4 is great - keep trying!

I platinumed the original, so more swinging around is always fun for me. Story slightly better than original, some new abilities, definitely shorter. It's pretty fun.

33 minutes ago, onecaseman said:

I platinumed the original, so more swinging around is always fun for me. Story slightly better than original, some new abilities, definitely shorter. It's pretty fun.

I have yet to play through the first one (glad I waited and got all the PS5 enhancements), so hence why I haven't played Miles Morales (yet).

2 hours ago, Joyrex said:

I have yet to play through the first one (glad I waited and got all the PS5 enhancements), so hence why I haven't played Miles Morales (yet).

Yeah do that first. May even have a bundle still.