IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

so bleep doesn't seem to be a fan of the album

neither in the mid-year roundup and top 10 of 2013

https://bleep.com/the-top-ten-albums-of-the-year-2013

gay

Yeah and OPN album of the year? I mean it's a good record but it's short and not their best. Exai definitely should've been top 10

• 3 weeks later...

this is best album i heard this year

best band ever :music:

Agreed. The absence of Exai of any year end lists is actually making me angry. Completely pointless but I feel, objectively, this record is going to be considered a classic in 25-50 years. I am going out of my way to comment anywhere that it is being overlooked.

BTW if anyone is looking for Exai on vinyl it is still available at urbanoutfitters.com. They are even having a storewide sale through the 29th, I think

this is best album i heard this year

best band ever :music:

Agreed. The absence of Exai of any year end lists is actually making me angry. Completely pointless but I feel, objectively, this record is going to be considered a classic in 25-50 years. I am going out of my way to comment anywhere that it is being overlooked.

BTW if anyone is looking for Exai on vinyl it is still available at urbanoutfitters.com. They are even having a storewide sale through the 29th, I think

It's on a sweet 13th spot in The Wire's list, though it's compiled by writing staff's votes, as far as i checked, not by collective will.

http://yearendlists.com/2013/12/the-wire-top-50-releases-of-2013/

At least most of us know it's an awesome album and one of the best of the year. So what if it's not on everyone year end list?

Then it's not relevant and we're a bunch of old-fashioned faggots sitting on a crappy electronic fart noises.

Listening to this album all the way through while working, and i simply can't believe how incredible it is. I just got through spl9 which was still a complete mind fuck

mind_blown.gif

I'd be curious to hear a recording of spl9 played back slower from vinyl source. If anyone feels up to it, that is.. I only have the digital files and vlc takes a shite on the quality if i slow down playback. :emb:

Guest jasondonervan

I'd be curious to hear a recording of spl9 played back slower from vinyl source. If anyone feels up to it, that is.. I only have the digital files and vlc takes a shite on the quality if i slow down playback. :emb:

Slow 'em down in something like Audacity.

I have written this in a different thread already but:

"Yesterday, I was listening to the whole Exai and it was for the first time ever that I did not found Nodezsh to be annoying. Maybe it is starting to grow on me or my fixed sleep cycle takes its part."

Edited by Jev

So this is completely random, but I'm watching The Office (US version) the other day and in one episode, season 8 episode 12 I believe, all the cast is at a pool party and one guy, Gabe, is wearing a sweater and it is a dead ringer for the Exai artwork. And this was before it came out

I'm at work now and can't find a pic, hoping someone else can or take a screenshot or something. It's up there with the Quaristice mug

I have written this in a different thread already but:

"Yesterday, I was listening to the whole Exai and it was for the first time ever that I did not found Nodezsh to be annoying. Maybe it is starting to grow on me or my fixed sleep cycle takes its part."

Nodezsh is a big grower. My favorite Exai tracks now are totally different from my favorites say 3 months ago.