Show me this great movie you found that is so much better than John Carpenter's the Thing.

Edited by Gocab
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, lyst said:

Anyone else spend more time scrolling looking for something to watch than actually watching movies these days?

Feel like i've already seen everything that i want to see.

Doesn't help that 95% of content on streaming services is shit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, lyst said:

Anyone else spend more time scrolling looking for something to watch than actually watching movies these days?

Feel like i've already seen everything that i want to see.

i've encountered this dilemma as well. sometimes i just end up re-watching films i've already seen. last night was an example

Cobra_movie_poster.jpg

• Like 1

Les Misérables (2019). Three cops on duty for a day (and a bit) in a French banlieue. Gripping and incredibly raw. And what an ending.

220px-Les_Mis%C3%A9rables_2019_film_post

Edited by rhmilo
Damn you autocorrect
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Gocab said:

Show me this great movie you found that is so much better than John Carpenter's the Thing.

The Others - 1972... An in depth childhood psychological thriller.. Personally, I am surprised a specific artist has never sampled from this movie. Like the Shining only beautifully haunting. 

Few people become numb to killing and violence. It is taught in my military experience, not conventional leg units but units of men who have been brainwashed to see a person of threat as an object. Killing an animal for its skin or horns without the intent to consume the meat is equally objective. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dingformung said:

Safari (2009)

Austrian film about rich Austrians killing wild animals for fun in Africa. Good film. The giraffe skinning scene is pretty intense. Shows how dull these people are

want me to kill them GIF

this could have been really good... overall idea is pretty cool, neat sound fx plus soundtrack, simple yet effective psychedelic imagery, it's a shame it was so poorly executed, probably because of the main character's performance...
Without Name Poster

fuck, this shit was sick af, sicker than salò, and my threshold for sick stuff is pretty high... it's disguised as a comedy but it's definitely not for the faint-hearted...
Advantages of Travelling by Train Poster

Edited by Tim_J

Hagazussa, this was some bleak folk horror tale. Loved it.

57 minutes ago, Gocab said:

Hagazussa, this was some bleak folk horror tale. Loved it.

I didn't feel it that much... :^/ Sure it's stunning to the eye...I'll give it another go...

I have November ready to watch but I'm waiting 4 da right mood... 

Edited by Tim_J

November was a good one! But yes, maybe wait with watchin till cosy autumn days. Don't let sunshine blanch out those crisp, gorgeous visuals! 

• Like 1

Mubi lets you stream their entire library now, if you're into that sort of thing. I think I'll swap it for my Netflix for a couple of months, I'm tired of their garbage.

986db50c69f5fbc805d130b6a7e80401.jpg

more wise crackin' no good, good for-nothings get what's coming to them when hardboiled maurizo merli is put on the case to clean up the streets of roma. 

On 5/24/2020 at 6:11 PM, Tim_J said:

this could have been really good... overall idea is pretty cool, neat sound fx plus soundtrack, simple yet effective psychedelic imagery, it's a shame it was so poorly executed, probably because of the main character's performance...
Without Name Poster

fuck, this shit was sick af, sicker than salò, and my threshold for sick stuff is pretty high... it's disguised as a comedy but it's definitely not for the faint-hearted...
Advantages of Travelling by Train Poster

Advantages of Travelling by Train. 

Enjoyed this. Imaginative, weird and interesting story telling. I found the vulgarity/dark bits were nicely balanced out by the overall slapstick feel that seemed to run as a buffering undercurrent throughout.

This guy should be an interesting director to follow. 

Salo's much worse imo due to its realism and overall nasty/depressing feel. 

• Like 1

Watched Advantages of traveling by train as well, it was decent. Didn't find it disturbing at all. Reminded me a lot of Wild Tales, which I think I liked more as far as black comedy Spanish anthology films go. Can't really remember it though. ??‍♂️

Edited by Gocab