On 5/14/2020 at 10:45 PM, Gocab said:

It's more tense than outright scary tbh, it's a tight little script. 

No chicks adds to the tension. 

• Haha 1
  • Farnsworth 1

On 5/16/2020 at 3:30 AM, Candiru said:

I do actually like the gross creature shit in The Thing(1982) because it shocks you more to see a gross physical object, even if you can tell it's fake, a lot of CGI still looks faker to the instincts in your brain, like an uncanny valley. That was a dumb way to explain something I think is quite real to lots of people who watch movies and series. CGI blood isn't the same, imo and sometimes the old stuff can be refreshing *drinks CGI blood*

This difference was best illustrated when they made that The Thing prequel recently and the effects looked shite.

5 hours ago, tec said:

This difference was best illustrated when they made that The Thing prequel recently and the effects looked shite.

they actually shot the film using a load of practical effects, but the studio forced them to cut it all and replace it with the horrible CGI it ended up with. smdh

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

the lodge - thank you Squee for ruining a perfectly good movie...

You're more than welcome! That's what you get for not liking The Thing ?

But seriously... you can see the twist coming from a million miles away.

• Haha 2
  • Farnsworth 1

American Graffiti - been a while. Gotta love the cars, even if there’s a thick slice of cheese in there too.

Retro fit nostalgia from 15-20yrs ahead of its subject matter,  eg Quadrophenia, Dazed & Confused.

Phogot the ending biographies, wicked tunes though.

• Like 2

the invisible man - meh, not that thrilling or scary and very predictable... 

horse girl - fun, funny and completely batshit crazy... alice brie does a great job spiraling out of her mind plus you get to see her boobies and bush...

Edited by Tim_J

On 5/19/2020 at 7:28 AM, Tim_J said:

horse girl - fun, funny and completely batshit crazy... alice brie does a great job spiraling out of her mind plus you get to see her boobies and bush...

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

z for zachariah - nothing to see here...

greta - this was childish af... and i don't think for one second it was intentional... how old is this guy, how come he sees his own movie and think, oh yeah i'm gonna release this... 10 facepalms out of 10...

bacurau - this deserves a watch but still i found it to be a little unbalanced, takes too much time for something to happen and when it does it wraps up too fast... felt unsatisfied...

Anyone else spend more time scrolling looking for something to watch than actually watching movies these days?

Feel like i've already seen everything that i want to see.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lyst said:

Anyone else spend more time scrolling looking for something to watch than actually watching movies these days?

Yeah, when I watch something new, it’s usually on a whim and I’m pleasantly surprised if I end up liking it. Music can be the same way. I think it’s just years passing by. 

1 hour ago, lyst said:

Not sure where youre looking but I tried once and now just stay far away from services like netflix or hulu, they actively push to you what they want to advertise, and frankly their movie selection is shit.  well hulu had the criterion before but not sure if they still do.

Mubi has been wonderful for me to realize how much great cinema there is from around the world.  I highly recommend it.  From their 30 films available at any one time, i usually am interested in 5+ and dont even have time to watch those within the month.

16 minutes ago, Candiru said:

Yeah, when I watch something new, it’s usually on a whim and I’m pleasantly surprised if I end up liking it. Music can be the same way. I think it’s just years passing by. 

I have sometimes felt that way but then something will trigger a new curiosity and the world of music will feel endless and magical again.  try seeking out some of the artists in sean's recent mixlr marathon dj sessions.. he basically just dropped a fuckin music-knowledge atomic bomb on us

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g52y2e2rnqVhQJdkw0Qk1YYJoen1uhVvn2Fd-tABywA/edit#gid=2057427745

• Like 2

Within a ~ 2 week span - - Recent - - 

1. Equus
2. Ordinary people
3. The Naked Prey - 1965
4. Three days of the Condor
5. Midnight Cowboy
6. The mechanic
7. Papillion
8. Bad Boys -1982
9. The Verdict
10. Day of the Jakal
11. The Hunger
12. The Godfather
13. State Of Grace.
14. The spy who came in from the cold
15. In the heat of the night.
16. Blade Runner - 1982
17. The Dead Zone - 1983

Done... 

• Like 3

what if i told you

who complain about nothing new/good to watch, to

get

out

of

your

confort zones

expand

your

horizons

take

the

red pill

once

you

do

it

there

is

NO

turning 

back

BetheLightthatradiatesunconditionalLoveForgiveHealandhaveFun:)

Spoiler

edit: 4 starters, watch korean movies...

Edited by Tim_J