loavideo1.jpg

legends of atlantis- not sure if the above is the right cover, but it might as well be. a 6-odd hour cookoo history about atlantis- told by a knuckleheaded history channel suit type- with dubbed interviews by conspiracy theorists like erich von daniken. you know what their history is? atlantis was founded by alien gods. you know what their proof is? a bunch of pictures from fantasy comic books.

12/10

boredom and money

lol

trick out your Acura Integra

i take offense at that kind of stereotyping. i don't own an acura integra. it's a tl.

boredom and money

lol

i take offense at that kind of stereotyping. i don't own an acura integra. it's a tl.

If even a massive Power Plenum grille can't alleviate your ennui, then Acura's design team has truly failed us all

watched 'the thing' again, but on BD. seen it many times, mostly in parts on late-night tv. the lighting and photography on the exterior scenes are superb. plot works extremely well, but the script feels like it has holes - repeated explanations of what's actually happening, like nobody quite gets it rather than because it's so unbelievable. the practical effects are superb. love the accessible feel and the smartness of the script. quite a modest production, maybe. but an extremely good film.

Guest HokusPoker

Sleeping Beauty.

Really liked it. Long scenes without cuts, good, unpretentious actors, the director gave the film the time it needed (or the time that made the film), high quality lighting, good image composition. There were scenes many directors would say the film didn't need which is always a plus. One great monologue that felt out out of place and thus was surprising and good.

boredom and money

lol

If even a massive Power Plenum grille can't alleviate your ennui, then Acura's design team has truly failed us all

lol

pacific rim

i wouldn't really call this a movie. it doesn't really have a plot (other than "kill aliens") and the dialogue and most of the acting is laughable. nice CGI but way too colorful. still better than transformers though.

Guest Shit Attack

the goonies - havent seen in quite a few years. the 1st half has a nice childhood nostalgia but the diet indiana jones pirate ship shit in the second half sucks - 6 child stars in rehab out of 10

Night on the Galactic Railroad (1985)

Seemingly a lost, or rather overshadowed/forgotten anime gem - amazing sound track (made by one of the lads from YMO) and some really trippy, deep, self-reflecting moments/10

tumblr_mq5lyvx5AD1rws5mko1_400.jpg

saw this last year with my housemate friend at the time. i put it on because we both like anime and cats and this was an anime with cats and that was more or less the extent of my knowledge on the film.

i was actually in tears by the end of the film. this film really, really got to me.

Thanks to you both for the recommendation, watched this last night and really enjoyed it. Could have done without some of the religious stuff but it had some wonderful moments, I was more scared than I have been by most horrors as they approached the Coalsack.

Hausu

Absurd and very fun old Japanese vacation-in-a-haunted-house film. Some great effects

HAUSSS

think i posted it before, but the trailer needs to be seen to be believed

really interesting background into the making of it also, a real gem.

Hausu

Absurd and very fun old Japanese vacation-in-a-haunted-house film. Some great effects

HAUSSS

think i posted it before, but the trailer needs to be seen to be believed

really interesting background into the making of it also, a real gem.

Looks amazing! I'm on it ;)

I was purty impressed by Byzantium for the most part. I liked the dismissal of the vampire conventions...You can see yourself in the mirror, you don't have fangs (you have a sharp thumbnail instead), you can walk around in daylight....

The visuals are splendid and the story is gripping (''the past walks with you, it lives'') until the final quarter where genre conventions go into overload and characters motivations are rather questionable. Theres an actor in it called Caleb Landry Jones who overacts the part. He thinks he's Brando or something. Fortunately Johnny Lee Miller and Sam Riley cast a brooding shadow over his awkward endevourment.

So yeah, this would have been ace apart from the ending. I still recommend everyone watch it though.

i like vampire films but i just couldn't finish this one, i simply cannot stomach this caleb laundy jones guy, just look at this shit: Caleb+Landry+Jones+Byzantium+Premiere+20

the girl was pretty awful as well , her "poetic" recitations were cringe-worthy and in general the story was slow and unengaging.

I once watched Anchorman in the company of a guy and his sister who quoted, out loud, about 80% of the dialogue, in perfect unison with the tv, as though there was some kind of psychic merging going on. I'm not exaggerating. It was strange and slightly scary, and teeth-itchingly irritating.

Haven't been able to watch it since.