Eraserhead, well... what can I say? except - is it a photograph of a mushroom cloud by his bed? If so, is the place they live in radioactive? That would explain (kind of) his offspring...

Rating:

Lynched-up / 10

in interviews Lynch claimed that the atmosphere was inspired by his apt window open at night while living in Philadelphia

clearly not a cheese-steak or Eagles fan

The documentary The Art Life about Lynch gives you more information about his time in Philadelphia and everything in his life up to his first film. I remember the doc talking about the filming of Eraserhead in his art studio contained in the cellar of his house. The best part in the film is when he is driving, as it's so normal compared to the rest of the film with him in creative mode, always smoking. 

The Death and Resurrection Show - 2 and 1/2 hour documentary on Killing Joke that goes on at least an hour too long. Recapping the history of the band and its influence was interesting, but staring at a close up of Jaz's mouth going on and on about magic and his incessant narcissism was too much.

continued nolan stuff w/wife and watched the prestige (which she thinks she'd seen but didn't hardly remember). still good. not as good when you know the twists though

The Handmaiden 8/10

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4016934/

New film from Chan-wook Park. I thought it was pretty cool. I was originally scared off by the long running time, but it didn't drag on at all. I sensed a lot of Korea making fun of Japanese culture in it, which I don't know a lot about. It's got some weird subject matter, but compared to Park's other films it's pretty tame.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - not good

That's too bad, the first one was alright.

I just saw it and really liked it. (shrug emoticon whatevers)

Guardians of the awesome mixtape great job!

This was fucking interminable. My god. On and fucking on. I mean, two and a half hours??? To what, explore the deep relationship between a raccoon and a plant? Memo to marvel/Disney: 90 minutes. 90. Minutes. I realized during the twentieth 70s aor staple that I was lapsing into a fugue state, circling the abyss. You'd figure I would know a movie geared toward children might bore me, but many people in their thirties told me this was "fun". I'll show you fun. You bastards. Chris Pratt lives up to his namesake and has all the range of a decomposing log. The token Asian is the butt of a number of jokes about how horrible she looks, I guess because she's Asian. Walt Disney's last words were supposedly "Kurt Russell" but he wasn't finished, he meant to say "Kurt Russell will not save your fucking movie eugghhhh...."

adult life skills - if you need a film to hatewatch this is the one.

it's british, it's directed by a woman, it emulates the worst of this american indie twee thing with cutesy home made shit, wacky and lovable characters, about 5 different indie-folk-strumming-guitair identical sounding tunes that you hear in modern commercials in the first 10 minutes, a barrage of pop references ("the goonies are great", "bono is an asshole"), it's R rated to allow swearing because its so liberal and free and young. i lasted exactly 13 minutes 44 secs, do you think you can you beat that?

This was fucking interminable. My god. On and fucking on. I mean, two and a half hours??? To what, explore the deep relationship between a raccoon and a plant? Memo to marvel/Disney: 90 minutes. 90. Minutes. I realized during the twentieth 70s aor staple that I was lapsing into a fugue state, circling the abyss. You'd figure I would know a movie geared toward children might bore me, but many people in their thirties told me this was "fun". I'll show you fun. You bastards. Chris Pratt lives up to his namesake and has all the range of a decomposing log. The token Asian is the butt of a number of jokes about how horrible she looks, I guess because she's Asian. Walt Disney's last words were supposedly "Kurt Russell" but he wasn't finished, he meant to say "Kurt Russell will not save your fucking movie eugghhhh...."

lol. my 60+ yr old boss told me earlier today that "it's a lot of fun!" fancies himself an intellectual too. wannabe therapist, reads the new yorker, generally insufferable. honestly though, it wasn't as awful as i thought it'd be. definitely too long. none of the jokes were funny with one exception.

as one of three people i know who ever owned zunes (the other two being my mom and my sister [christmas gifts one year and we were poor]) the zune gag got a smirk out of me

I was told the first one was "a lot of fun" and "surprisingly good", so I went to see it. ya fool me ya cain't git fooled agin.

lol

haven't seen a marvel movie since avengers 1 and i was considering breaking my fast but not after reading this

You people are the worst. Guardians V1 was good stuff, even with flaws. Obv not high art, just good entertainment. Will be watching V2, even though a 2.5 hour runtime is pretty off putting.

I'll be sure to throw my opinion in here once I do, I know you're all going to be waiting impatiently til then but just know my babies that it is coming...