the void

i fucked up and my cosmic horror movie is actually a feature length episode of garth marenghi's darkplace

I am definitely watching it now.

the void

i fucked up and my cosmic horror movie is actually a feature length episode of garth marenghi's darkplace

I am definitely watching it now.

me too, thanks.

giphy.gif

I was looking at this last night, is it a no budget digital video type film, or a decent low budget production? The premise sounded interesting.

i'm making it sound more entertaining than it is. it is a very low budget indie horror movie about a hospital that gets surrounded by some kind of lovecraftian death cult. it's pretty bad.

It had all the potential to become a good b-movie horror monster film... but it shits the bed pretty early on.

"We tried to open a portal to Hell, right here in the staff canteen".

I had hoped for more surrealism at the conclusion but I still enjoyed it. Lustmord is my favourite dark ambient artist and hearing his sounds over a few minutes of hooded weirdos and shifting galaxies was time well spent. It's worth noting that I am more forgiving of horror films than I am of close friends and relatives.

The Dark Song

Steve Oram is usually spot in most roles, Sightseers and Ahhhhhhhh being quality platforms for his speciality with damaged souls and without him this filem would not have even made it past the 10min mark

Rural Wales looks particularly good & the occult angle offered just a hint of something more psychologically nuanced & sublime than the usual fodder, but then the shadow creatures came out of the cupboards and.........nah

decent end though, v similar to The Witch in that so much of the story converges in the final scenes, not knowing how to do the spoiler thang that "confrontation" with "x" almost saved it

daft bollix/10

Wouldn't VR just make it Lawnmower Man?

why hasn't there been a lawnmower man reboot? get the finger out hollywood.