the endless is an amateurish whack. no acting, no dialogue, no script (a bunch of puzzle pieces is not a script), shit production and look in general (everything is tan and blurry). that whole idea of an indie sci fi/mystery film being 3/4 of a puzzle and 1/4 of reveals and climaxes is getting so stale at the point. not that such structure was ever interesting or cinematically engaging to begin with.

Edited by eugene

really enjoyed this, sci-fi,cult,time warping,head fuck of a movie,the two main leads direct,and use the low budget really well, 7.5/10

Thanks for reminding me of this! Did you ever see their film "Spring"? It's highly divisive (as I imagine this one will be), but I found myself incredibly, deeply moved by it. 

the creator of Beyond the Black Rainbow, Panos Cosmatos, is back this year with a new horror film starring Nic Cage called Mandy.

I'm looking forward to it, really pleased that he's back as I had a feeling he'd just be relegated to history as a mysterious one-time filmmaker.

really enjoyed this, sci-fi,cult,time warping,head fuck of a movie,the two main leads direct,and use the low budget really well, 7.5/10

Thanks for reminding me of this! Did you ever see their film "Spring"? It's highly divisive (as I imagine this one will be), but I found myself incredibly, deeply moved by it. 

no,but i will check it out now cuz i enjoyed this,thanks,its nothing you havent seen before,but i thought it was interesting and easy to watch,with some cool weird moments

The Boxers Omen

Masterpiece of madness, so much bizarre greatness here...do yourself a favor and find a good quality copy/rip of it (tis' hard but findable)

5 bags of popcorn

horrible quality trailer, to give a flavor, but probably better off skipping it and going straight to the film for maximum astonishment :

32447-barbarian-queen-0-230-0-345-crop.j

a classic piece of fantasy that's unlike anything i've ever seen before. amazing fight choreography and excellent dialogue starring the amazingly talented lana clarkson and katt shea

Just saw Hereditary and I put it (almost) on par with Get Out. Both well made with a refreshing take on old horror tropes.

That scene in Hereditary in the first act had me cupping my mouth in shock. Plus, Toni Collette's performance is riveting.

I also recently saw Autopsy of Jane Doe – late, but one of the better horror films I've seen in the past few years.

funeral smiler and low light doorway smiler being one and same is a detail everyone I've spoken to about the film has identified, even non arty farty types.

Yea, both of these. 

again, can someone who has seen it go back to my earlier post with the spoiler and give your take?

@olo About your earlier post:

Her expression looked like sheer terror to me. On the Ari Aster AMA, he said it was based on 'the concept of a mother so destroyed by what happened to her child that she has to do it to herself'. Seems like the director intended for her to know what was happening yet completely helpless, like you said.

tt7784604.jpg

wow i really must've missed what everyone enjoyed about this film because i absolutely hated it. i couldn't stand how purposely slow it was- how basically nothing happen until the end- oh and the dad. i found the dad so annoying. i like the main kid and i did enjoy the mom going crazy at the end- but i didn't feel like it did anything much for the story

also didn't get how this is categorized as a horror film. imo it's more like a family drama 

2 headless bodies out of 10

I also recently saw Autopsy of Jane Doe – late, but one of the better horror films I've seen in the past few years.

nope.

nope.

Why? It's not the best but it's not bad at all. It falters a bit towards the end but as a whole it's an effective horror flick.

Especially how it takes place in a creepy ass claustrophobic setting, the mystery of unravelling the dead body and how it got progressively creepier.

Also watched it without any knowledge about the film/hype (unlike Hereditary) managed my expectations a bit. It's a 7/10 for me.

32447-barbarian-queen-0-230-0-345-crop.j

a classic piece of fantasy that's unlike anything i've ever seen before. amazing fight choreography and excellent dialogue starring the amazingly talented lana clarkson and katt shea

didn't know about her tragic death..phil spector..gsus..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Lana_Clarkson

Edited by iococoi

Heredetary :wtf: /10

thx to the good ppl of watmm urging to see in a theatre.

saw it in a small theatre and it checked out perfectly.. maybe 15 ppl in there.. so much tension in the room.. that scene where the mom drove the car and it made “plop” - ppl were jumping in their seats lol.. at some point someone got up & out to the toilet and their shadow was on screen, everyone started laughing, it was laughs of RELIEF like “heh! I know what causes this shadow and I’m not even scared ahahahha”.

Loved the use of space / rooms in the film, think this one is heavily inspired by Polanski’s apartment trilogy

Had more on mind but forgot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Guest

Watching Rocco. Holy shit, this is depressing

depressing & creepy

it set things up really well with the intro where he admitted to certain things in his sexuality that are dark (catholic guilt?), but it was his gross interactions with female performers intercut with family life & his kids that was fkn depressing

no escaping his giblets in the shower at the start, set the tone from then on, plus his cousin seemed a bit of a wrong un too

saw it in a small theatre and it checked out perfectly.. maybe 15 ppl in there.. so much tension in the room.. that scene where the mom drove the car and it made “plop” - ppl were jumping in their seats lol.. at some point someone got up & out to the toilet and their shadow was on screen, everyone started laughing, it was laughs of RELIEF like “heh! I know what causes this shadow and I’m not even scared ahahahha”.

Loved the use of space / rooms in the film, think this one is heavily inspired by Polanski’s apartment trilogy

How was dubbing? Usually dislike dubbing

How was dubbing? Usually dislike dubbing
I never watch dubbed films. It’s a crime against humanity. Luckily one of the percs of this city is plenty of movie theaters which show original language w/o subs.

a quiet place - yeah, so why not get prengent with a baby that won't shut up in the following 3 years in a world where jump scare creatures hunt by sound? great job! just a stupid and a cheap idea for a film in general, ooh, watch out, don't drop anything or you'll get mauled - and so people drop/nearly drop things to create fake tension, repeat 10 times, the end.