Nah Quiet Place is pretty deece for what it is. Which is an extended episode of 90's Outer Limits (my fave sub-genre of movie).

Also, there's a pretty big reason right at the beginning for them wanting another baby. Not like human beings are 100% rational and logical.

there's really not enough charachterization, content and thought put into it for it to be considered a film. it's really just bare mechanics and set pieces with traps to provoke monster attacks. would probably make a decent alpha on steam for 19$, integrate some crafting elements and you got a neat horror-survival game.

Edited by eugene

Nah Quiet Place is pretty deece for what it is. Which is an extended episode of 90's Outer Limits (my fave sub-genre of movie).

Also, there's a pretty big reason right at the beginning for them wanting another baby. Not like human beings are 100% rational and logical.

Watched Green Room and Good Time yesterday. Both grim. Both good.

Need to watch Good Time, only just picked up the soundtrack the other day. I didn't see anyone talk about it, or didn't notice, on here. Presume it's worth a watch then?

Yes, it's a very effective little film. Nothing mind-blowing, but a good time nonetheless.

man, I can't wait. it's as insane as you'd expect from Cosmatos, I'm so glad he's back.

Edited by usagi

Looks very pretty, btbr put me to sleep repeatedly on several failed viewings, so I hope this fares better in that regard.

Hereditary

Really feels like 2 different movies. I was kinda disappointed when the low-key, slow burning first half devolved into the usual horror movie paranormal whodunit - I was expecting it to go a very different way before Joanne enters the picture and it devolves into more cliched territories. Still a great movie though, but the first half is inmensely better than the second

I had a bit of unrelated anxiety due to stress and lack of sleep going in and the first half, specially the kid's death, got me so hard i actually almost got up and left to get some air. So I was in fact almost relieved it got exponentially more and more lighthearted as it went on.

Hereditary

Really feels like 2 different movies. I was kinda disappointed when the low-key, slow burning first half devolved into the usual horror movie paranormal whodunit - I was expecting it to go a very different way before Joanne enters the picture and it devolves into more cliched territories. Still a great movie though, but the first half is inmensely better than the second

I had a bit of unrelated anxiety due to stress and lack of sleep going in and the first half, specially the kid's death, got me so hard i actually almost got up and left to get some air. So I was in fact almost relieved it got exponentially more and more lighthearted as it went on.

agree entirely on first spoiler but kinda disgusted that a kid being decapitated gave you such a powerful erection that you literally had to leave the theatre to catch your breath

Edited by juiceciuj

Eugene moaning about people dropping stuff and being a bit clumsy, like he has never done the same. Show us a film of a day in the life of you where you don't trip on anything or clatter a plate or whatever. Bullshit.

https://youtu.be/26f4D2xDkXI

if you're like me and grew up in the 80s and on a steady diet of b-movie cinema on vhs and drive-ins, then i'm sure linnea quigley, brinke stevens and michelle bauer are the three sisters you most associate with orion's belt- rather than the traditional and incorrectly named alnitak, alnilam and mintaka. 

this is basically a documentary about how all three goddesses rose to fame, reached the apex of their fame before finally (yet slowly) fizzling out into z-films.

this is a kickstarter funded film so don't expect something that goes really in-depth but more or less keeps it cheap, disposable but unforgetable

Guest Ovitus

Yyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeesssssssss!!!!

That looks absolutely amazing in my books.

Yeah I'm stoked for this too. Beyond the Black Rainbow channeled some of the best Kubrick vibes..and Nicholas Cage is brilliant at playing unhinged characters. Favorite performance of his was in Face/Off, great action flick

ful8005d.jpg

a classic mindless-bimbo movie staring the great actors elizabeth kaitan, christina whitaker & tammara souza. this is my wife's favorite film and a big reason i love her

ten out of ten