220px-Velvet_Smooth.jpg

this was sometimes hard to follow as the story seems to be all over the place- but at it's core, it blends a bunch of storylines from blacksploitation films and crams them into one package. it's too bad johnnie hill never appeared in another film because she's a pretty foxy chick, and elsie roman (who plays her partner of sorts) ain't too shabby either.

also: the second to last fight has to be seen to be believed. somehow, i'm not sure the filmmakers knew exactly how or when to end the film 

apparently according to leaks is

Spoiler

super meta.. neo is in the matrix simulation and is a rich actor who played neo in the matrix movies.. so the matrix movies exist within this movie. 

very PK Dick type story line. could be really good. 

at the end of the trailer they show his "agent" who is an agent from the matrix and also seems to play his hollywood agent. that's what's his name.. Goff from "Mindhunter" which i'll be mad at david fincher at forever for not delivereing on 5 seasons as promised. it's one of the best shows i've seen in forever. the 2 seasons are so good.. every frame, every shot.. every line of dialogue etc.. 

anyway..

Goff is good and will be interesting to see him play this part in matrix 4

Edited by Squee
Spoiler tag added

^ Yeah, man, MIndhunter (particularly S1) is pretty fucking flawless. I heard a rumor he's thinking about going back in for another season but we'll see. 

I'm throwing caution to the wind and just holy fuck I'm hyped for this. To support the whole "meta" idea check out this still from the trailer where it's clear someone is watching the Matrix (or, at least a scene from it) in the world of the film: 

E-2Ms3FX0AYZnRg?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1
  • Big Brain 1

33 minutes ago, T3551ER said:

^ Yeah, man, MIndhunter (particularly S1) is pretty fucking flawless. I heard a rumor he's thinking about going back in for another season but we'll see. 

I'm throwing caution to the wind and just holy fuck I'm hyped for this. To support the whole "meta" idea check out this still from the trailer where it's clear someone is watching the Matrix (or, at least a scene from it) in the world of the film: 

E-2Ms3FX0AYZnRg?format=jpg&name=large

i'm grateful that on first glance it doesn't look like there's a leather club full of over the top SM gear where meets happen. the wachowskis were way into that look back then and thought it was the coolest thing ever i guess so it'll be nice if this film creates a different world for all this to live in. 

re: Mindhunter.. read some stuff too.. apparently fincher oversaw every part of the show and it was super intense and huge amount of work for him so going back in is a daunting idea or something. but the cast was down for more. ana torv is so good in it .. the 3 main characters are all really amazing and all the serial killers are just so perfect. was looking forward to more BTK storyline. that guy was perfect.. now i see him on some commercials and every time i think of his weird ass BTK character. 

• Like 2

I'm down to fuck with the the new matrix.

Edited by Silent Member
  • Like 1

yeah. trailer got me lightly hyped. But i must say, if that bit about the leaked story happens to be true, ... I don't know . . sounds like a cop out to me.

Before I read that I was speculating about this "new" Neo being an echo from the previous one which died at the end of revolutions. This new neo being part of the matrix which started at the end of revolutions. 

Was thinking the "resurrections" matrix would be about new neo trying to get in touch with the previous life neo within himself. Would be like looking at neo rediscovering himself all over again.

The rich actor thing breaks the fantasy so to speak. Not sure how that will fly. But i def want to find out.   

/geek

Watching Sinister with headphones on in the dark, and it’s damn creeping me out. Especially the bit when the weird white face on the computer…………and the lawnmower….

Pretty sure this is the best horror movie I’ve seen in a long while.

Edited by beerwolf

Im in the team of people who liked Matrix 2 and 3 for the plot twists and weird philosophical aspects even tho they could be considered a bit messy movies (loved the Agent Smith merge twist especially, the ''well it looks like im the Im not the One'' dilemma, Morpheus losing faith, The Oracle being a machine, the plot about the Matrix having many previous versions, all of this was very unexpected and played against the codes of the first Matrix being only a basic messiah/superman story ) but this trailer highly worries me.

The whole therapist thing, return of the white rabbit and basically morpheus 2.0 feels off and rehashed.

But we'll see. I will give the benefit of the doubt to Lana. Trailers are often shitty and not representative of movies. I will watch it for sure. If anything the trailer lower my expectations and i might be in for a nice surprise.

Edited by thefxbip
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, thefxbip said:

Im in the team of people who liked Matrix 2 and 3 for the plot twists (loved the Agent Smith merge twist especially, well looks like im the Im not the one dilemma, Morpheus losing faith, The Oracle being a machine, the plot about the Matrix having many previous versions, all of this was very unexpected and played against the codes of the first Matrix being only a basic messiah/superman story ) and weird philosophical aspects but this trailer highly worries me (even tho they are a pretty messy movies on some other aspects)

The whole therapist thing, return of the white rabbit and basically morpheus 2.0 feels off and rehashed.

But we'll see. I will watch it for sure.If anything the trailer lower my expectations and i might be in for a nice surprise.

I think maybe Morpheus is like the Oracle or the Architect, the body is just a shell for the consciousness, so it can be conveniently played by any actor, of either sex 

3 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

I think maybe Morpheus is like the Oracle or the Architect, the body is just a shell for the consciousness, so it can be conveniently played by any actor, of either sex 

Yeah its not the fact its another actor/person/character, its the fact he seems to be saying the same thing as in Matrix 1 and so is the rabbit girl lol

Like replaying the whole ''wake up neo'' part of the first movie

Giving me Death star flashbacks

Edited by thefxbip

8 minutes ago, thefxbip said:

Yeah its not the fact its another actor/person/character, its the fact he seems to be saying the same thing as in Matrix 1 and so is the rabbit girl lol

Like replaying the whole ''wake up neo'' part of the first movie

Giving me Death star flashbacks

In sure they’re stuck in some cyclical cycle, since that’s the sci-fi trope of the moment.

I mean the Matrix after all is, imho, the old Plato's Cave story transposed in a modern sci-fi environment. Or a comment on the Buddhist concept of Samsara and cycle of reincarnations. Or something in between.

The movie sure looks like it's about this and reincarnation in particular.

Which could be interesting.

I will always respect the Wachowskis to have even dared to try to speak or hint about such things in a blockbuster movie .And even succeeding doing so in an interesting way. AND convince the studio to give them money to do such crazy movies. It takes guts and grit.

Doesnt happen very often.

Edited by thefxbip

15 minutes ago, thefxbip said:

I mean the Matrix after all is, imho, the old Plato's Cave story transposed in a modern sci-fi environment. Or a comment on the Buddhist concept of Samsara and cycle of reincarnations. Or something in between.

The movie sure looks like it's about this and reincarnation in particular.

Which could be interesting.

I will always respect the Wachowskis to have even dared to try to speak or hint about such things in a blockbuster movie .And even succeeding doing so in an interesting way. AND convince the studio to give them money to do such crazy movies. It takes guts and grit.

Doesnt happen very often.

Didn’t they say there was an entire trans metaphor running thru the Matrix trilogy? Besides all the androgynous characters, I guess.

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-53692435

• Like 1