IGNORED

The Caustic Window LP (CAT023) Kickstarter FAQ - LIVE NOW!

Joyrex

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what if it's shit?

That's fucking impossible.

Dunno . The leaked tracks are shit

What's not shit in AFX discography in your ears?

10% are genial, 20% fantastic, 10% more than good, 30% good and the rest are pure shit

So if it's only 30% that's shit, give some examples of it, like full releases if possible.

Impossible. Would you say that EVERYTHING that he has released is great ?There are loads of tracks i skip in Analords ( btw i got the whole set on vinyls ) but among there for instance ; are some very very fine tracks but also some really "not so good" tracks. I will figure 80 min. is really great the rest is not for listining pleasure :-)

every fart from rdj is not a work of genius :-)

It's interesting that you're implying that i like everything by RDJ when it's you who said 70% of his stuff are not shit while i have much less shit ratio. I just think Caustic Window, especially this LP judging by a couple of tracks in the air, is one of the biggest achievements by RDJ. I do not think that, say, SAW is this special, for example.

I WANT SEX!

and for this to be a lot easier and not so crazy.

Can we take this all down a notch and just get it released through someone and not kickstarter?

If not I will contribute 15 bucks to the campaign, reluctantly. Would rather just give it to Rephlex or R&S or Warp or a Bandcamp site.

I agree with all of the sentiments on knowing who the fuck owns an AFX release and keeps it to themselves only to gouge AFX fans for 13.5 grand.

What if it is Courtney Love?

I hope it is Paul McCartney.

Anyways, can't wait to hear it.

Cannot wait even more for new RDJ material to come out proper style!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep up the good work Robbie.

who the fuck doesn't play an unreleased afx album??

Right? I don't believe that it's an unplayed 12" for one second.

Maybe they pressed a new one just for this little stunt. :whistling:

It HAS made Aphex front page news in major electronic music websites etc. Fingers crossed this is just a really clever hype building machine!

what if it's shit?

10% are genial, 20% fantastic, 10% more than good, 30% good and the rest are pure shit

So if it's only 30% that's shit, give some examples of it, like full releases if possible.

Impossible. Would you say that EVERYTHING that he has released is great ?There are loads of tracks i skip in Analords ( btw i got the whole set on vinyls ) but among there for instance ; are some very very fine tracks but also some really "not so good" tracks. I will figure 80 min. is really great the rest is not for listining pleasure :-)

It's interesting that you're implying that i like everything by RDJ when it's you who said 70% of his stuff are not shit while i have much less shit ratio. I just think Caustic Window, especially this LP judging by a couple of tracks in the air, is one of the biggest achievements by RDJ. I do not think that, say, SAW is this special, for example.

Well i guess if you think that those two tracks imply a great work of art we can get no further because i think they stinks. SAW 1 or 2 got its moment but most of it is just plain...wont say it , i'm at true watmm ;-)

fucking zole @ ripping equipment supposedly needing to be more expensive than the record. It's Caustic Window, not fucking Porcupine Tree or whatever

Edited by modey

what if it's shit?

Well i guess if you think that those two tracks imply a great work of art we can get no further because i think they stinks. SAW 1 or 2 got its moment but most of it is just plain...wont say it , i'm at true watmm ;-)

There's hundreds of people watching you guys talk about nothing.

Also, anyone else just interested in this for the prank calls?

It HAS made Aphex front page news in major electronic music websites etc. Fingers crossed this is just a really clever hype building machine!

yes

juust happens when wu tang release a million dollar 1 copy album

juuust before the single with die antwoord

juuuust before recordstoreday bocbocboc time

i dunno guys

fucking zole @ ripping equipment supposedly needing to be more expensive than the record. It's Caustic Window, not fucking Porcupine Tree or whatever

I laughed out loud.

I laughed out loud.

It's true though. Chances are there aren't any amazingly high definition parts or even much in the way of dynamics. Isn't most Caustic Window stuff distorted as fuck?

I understand the need to use quality equipment, but it can be taken too far sometimes.

I should think a 1210 M5g/Arkiv will be sufficient (what's the phono stage?)

Although I've transcribed / restored hundreds of records to digital over many years, and my modest setup (Technics SL-10 Linear / Technics EPC-P22 / JICO SAS Stylus / Project Phono Box SE / Sonifex RB-ADDA / RME Raydat) would probably knock that one into the dirt, I certainly can't be arsed with the responsibility of taking on the job :-)

Mike P said in chatmm that probably around 10 exist, or something like that.

I saw that, wonder how many were simply trashed. Odd thought but surely some are absolutely lost forever.

I laughed out loud.

It's true though. Chances are there aren't any amazingly high definition parts or even much in the way of dynamics. Isn't most Caustic Window stuff distorted as fuck?

I understand the need to use quality equipment, but it can be taken too far sometimes.

Audiophiles just make me shake my head. It'd be best to get the DAT masters, but a good clean recording of the LPs at 24bit/96khz will be absolutely fine for the majority people playing AACs off their iPhones with ear buds on the bus/subway/train.

Guest skibby

i got an idea to help out the team: make two rips of the vinyl. one with lots of noise floor and dust, and another clean and with pyramix or whatever you pros use. then distribute the shitty quality album for 25 quid a copy. then comes the good part, in another 20 years release the clean rip at future prices, which are like airport prices times 10 I bet, taking inflation into account. of course the proceeds ought to go back into the proper moral direction, and if I am still alive then, I will be happy to unearth this thread and know that it was my idea. that will suffice. good day ladies and gentlemen and good luck in your decisions all.

I laughed out loud.

Audiophiles just make me shake my head. It'd be best to get the DAT masters, but a good clean recording of the LPs at 24bit/96khz will be absolutely fine for the majority people playing AACs off their iPhones with ear buds on the bus/subway/train.

^

honestly a good clean 256kbps mp3 is fine for me

Since we're getting an exclusive digital copy I am going to take one of my high quality chrome or metal blank tapes to record a personal copy on cassette, with a nice degree of tape saturation. It'll be fun (making j-card art and all too) and it'll sound great.

I must stress personal cassette copy...NO intention to leak or resell it in any form.

i got an idea to help out the team: make two rips of the vinyl. one with lots of noise floor and dust, and another clean and with pyramix or whatever you pros use. then distribute the shitty quality album for 25 quid a copy. then comes the good part, in another 20 years release the clean rip at future prices, which are like airport prices times 10 I bet, taking inflation into account. of course the proceeds ought to go back into the proper moral direction, and if I am still alive then, I will be happy to unearth this thread and know that it was my idea. that will suffice. good day ladies and gentlemen and good luck in your decisions all.

Everyone is always alive in richards' heart(s)

Guest danperry0

first off, my apologies for being one of those jackholes who only just signed up today because i heard about this from "the hype machine", but...

am i the only who completely doesn't understand the need for a small number of people to be allowed to get in on this? what is the point to limiting it to 500 or 600 people if there is payment for this. wouldn't you WANT to share the music? and to increase the amount of money that gets donated to whatever cause?

i'm really not getting the point of that...

This has changed. It's unlimited now, see 1st page.

ah. thanksorry... i missed that. complaint rescinded. :)