IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

xmas_Metz though, i'd say that one *might* be looped from his robot drums.

That's what it says in the gear list on the cover, anyway.

There was a soundcloud clip in syrobonkus review of that HAT part in xmas_eve. Should be floating around somewhere with the rest of the tracks from the interview. The first time I heard the said part in Xmas_Eve I too thought that it might have some HAT magic. One of the few times I've actually been right about something. It's a sweet bit in an awesome track!

There was a soundcloud clip in syrobonkus review of that HAT part in xmas_eve. Should be floating around somewhere with the rest of the tracks from the interview. The first time I heard the said part in Xmas_Eve I too thought that it might have some HAT magic. One of the few times I've actually been right about something. It's a sweet bit in an awesome track!

yeah, this one

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/knt7l8r5xjjsd7m/12+-+metz+pa+hat+break.mp3 seems to have been recorded from off a speaker or something? doesn't sound very good

Edited by petina

yeah, this one

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/knt7l8r5xjjsd7m/12+-+metz+pa+hat+break.mp3 seems to have been recorded from off a speaker or something? doesn't sound very good

He explained that bit in the interview, how he played his breaks when soundchecking before a gig to hear how it would sound on a massive PA system, then record that.

57723.jpg

Aphex Twin's MARCHROMT30a Edit 2b 96, the Japanese bonus track for Syro, will be released on vinyl for a worldwide audience, backed with a new version of Syro's 'XMAS_EVET10 [120] (thanaton3 mix)' and an alternate take on MARCHROMT.

Track List

A1. MARCHROMT30a Edit 2b 96

B1. XMAS_EVET1 N

B2. MARCHROMT38 fast

https://bleep.com/release/57723-aphex-twin-marchromt30a-edit-2b-96

Edited by Consul

This is fucking great news! Perfect choice of tracks for a 12" like that imo.

Could it be that the Xmas track will be shorter then the Syro one? Considering the A-Side will be 6 minutes long and the B-side would hold two tracks?

Guest Rabid

So I just discovered all this shenanigans the other day, here is my impressions so far.

Syro:

Quite good. However, it is my least favorite of his recent stuff, including steinvord. And of course, doesn't stand up to the classic aphex releases - SAW, SAW2, rdj ablum are still the unholy trifecta for me. Overall: 7/10, quite good.

Piano Music:

I'm sure this is a revolutionary record in the field of piano music, however I felled asleep almost instantaneously upon commencing to listen. I heard "it happened" on youtube and really liked it though. 10/10.

Soundcloud:

Have only listened to maybe a dozen tracks so far. Kind of hard to rate, the quality ranged from pretty bad to almost really good. But there is no longer a possibility that he held out amazing tracks from us. I can see why all of these are unreleased. I like u-ziq's soundcloud a lot more! Mike wins. 6/Paradinas.

So I just discovered all this shenanigans the other day, here is my impressions so far.

Syro:

Quite good. However, it is my least favorite of his recent stuff, including steinvord. And of course, doesn't stand up to the classic aphex releases - SAW, SAW2, rdj ablum are still the unholy trifecta for me. Overall: 7/10, quite good.

Piano Music:

I'm sure this is a revolutionary record in the field of piano music, however I felled asleep almost instantaneously upon commencing to listen. I heard "it happened" on youtube and really liked it though. 10/10.

Soundcloud:

Have only listened to maybe a dozen tracks so far. Kind of hard to rate, the quality ranged from pretty bad to almost really good. But there is no longer a possibility that he held out amazing tracks from us. I can see why all of these are unreleased. I like u-ziq's soundcloud a lot more! Mike wins. 6/Paradinas.

give Syro time, your brain must recollibrate

as much as i love RDJ album, i think its nowhere close

Soundcloud:

Come back once you've listened to more than 'a dozen'. A lot of the Soundcloud material is just as good as, some of it better, than the main stuff he was bringing out in the '90s. Just listen to tracks like Organ, Sekonda and Make a Baby, then tell me if you think they deserved to not make a release.

Soundcloud:

Come back once you've listened to more than 'a dozen'. A lot of the Soundcloud material is just as good as, some of it better, than the main stuff he was bringing out in the '90s. Just listen to tracks like Organ, Sekonda and Make a Baby, then tell me if you think they deserved to not make a release.

rough beat tune :wub:

Syro:

Piano Music:

Soundcloud:

Depends what kind of music you prefer really.

Syro is fast, complex and dark in a lot of places. RDJ album is warm and playful.

Syro:

Piano Music:

Soundcloud:

Depends what kind of music you prefer really.

Syro is fast, complex and dark in a lot of places. RDJ album is warm and playful.

wow we think almost opposite :emotawesomepm9:

Personally, i dont feel Syro as dark album, maybe just sad at times, but it's...happy sadness? (no idea how is that in engrish ) It can be dark, you are right, depends on the mood i guess, but thats what's really great about it - same chunes, different moods. And i find it slower than RDJ for sure. And warmer. RDJ is more childish and Syro more mature, but they both sound pretty playful to me. Oh Richrad...

Guest Rabid

as much as i love RDJ album, i think its nowhere closegive Syro time, your brain must recollibrate

I mean, I first heard the Manchester track in what, 2010? Maybe it hasn't been that long, but it sure feels like it. I think the fact that I've heard half the album already made it have much less of an impact on me.

I don't think recalibrating my mechanisms would do any good, I do appreciate all the technical details. These tracks just do not have the magic that 90s Aphex did.

Just listened to Make a Baby, sounds like a fan fake LOL. I understand that a lot of die-hard fans are really excited over this, but my enthusiasm for new Aphex waned a long time ago... There's a lot of historical value to these tracks, and they're pretty interesting, but...

Will try to listen to it all though.

Soundcloud:

Have only listened to maybe a dozen tracks so far.

brah...

batista-pink-shirt1.jpg

I like u-ziq's soundcloud a lot more! Mike wins. 6/Paradinas.

Mike's SC dump has been really good. And the quality of the jams only appear to be getting better with each passing wave. Wouldn't agree that Mike has "won", but he's definitely doing big things. It's kinda disgraceful that his thread is only 14 pages and Aphex Twin averages approximately 4.5 pages of intense speculation for every offhand comment he makes on the account. I guess that's just the way things are, though. He's forever afflicted with that Scottie Pippen syndrome.

Edited by Hail Sagan