IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Yeah, that's a shame, I really like the AV Club, but they're best at satirizing news and pop culture. The only writer that understands electronic music is Sean O'Neal. I commented a few times on that article yesterday because of the inaccuracies in the article, and people making constant "bleep bloop" jokes.

i heard rich has been making some lush tunes with his old medibot.

3420933163_11cb3116e1.jpg

found on Chris Cunningham's youtube channel

I love old-school production before computers when they were forced to use magic

Guest gorfman666

did richard actually post that megaupload link in the avclub article?

i assume not but can't look at the link atm

no

sounds out of patterns to be posting syro outtakes for richard at this point and it doesn't sound as crisp to my ears, but yeah, those sequencings are certainly similar to the other syro outtakes from the syrobonkers material.

While we're at it, this is my favorite Look Around You bit, so ridiculous:

[youtubehd]uq04SazQlEk[/youtubehd]

Also, MED-I-BOT!

While we're at it, this is my favorite Look Around You bit, so ridiculous:

[youtubehd]uq04SazQlEk[/youtubehd]

Also, MED-I-BOT!

My fave too. Missing the Sulphagne part tho.

LOL@sini

Is it me, or wasn't RDJ's sarcasm-meter up to speed at that point in time?

Please tell me he used the tricksy double psychology option to sarcastically pretend to not understand what was going on.

That made my day :emotawesomepm9:

thinking about Sini talking to afx who didn't quite understand while the old wattmmembers where all like "wtf not YOU sini!!! plz go away" :D:D

Reasonably sure almost all the tracks so far have been pre HAB with the exception of 'cutting' and 'make a baby' being maybe proto RDJ and actual HAB outtakes respectively. So up until now that would mean we haven't had anything later than '96, which I think feels right. I can see CHEETAHT7 Teac as being from that period too, but Cheetah3 Teac has really thrown me. It's either a straight Syro outtake (which would be pretty mental), or it's a tune he made back in the actual 90s with gear he used to make Syro in the style of Syro 15-20 years before he made Syro. Which is even more mental by at least x10000.

Maybe (just maybe) he made tunes like all these on a hourly base and then when it was time to release them he beefed them up?

I thought most of the people here would know how it is to have some tunes you made, and then you can spend time "bettering" them up for release...

you can hear it in the soundcloudz, how there's potential windowlickers, flims, everydays, bucephaluses, even analords kind of tracks...

it's just a matter of when he can arsed to produce/finish/polish/complete a track for release IMO

"custom break acid" is obviously analord like in the synths
analords where realeased late 2004-early 2005 if I remember right; how long was he making these type of tracks?
you can check live/dj sets to know they were already old tracks when they were released...
it always was this way with afex, he always releases tracks he made a few years earlier
with syro he just went a step further (backward?) releasing tunes he made 6 years ago...
IMO

most lovely tune is the last one on CCAI for me
I really enjoy the SC dump, but CCAI is where it's at for me :)

I do have my doubts about tigercubdelay.

tigercubdelay was played a couple times live. was played at ATP in early 2002, no idea how old it actually is tho, not long after he was playing analord tracks live, and tuss tracks a few years after that all before anything was released

Fuck yes cheetah tracks

Goddamn great

They make me want to say that rich is so good at creating combinations of textures and timbres that even randomly playing the notes and samples of that sound palette or whatever would sound great

The synths just sound so fucking tasty

Edited by Zeffolia

i heard rich has been making some lush tunes with his old medibot.

3420933163_11cb3116e1.jpg

found on Chris Cunningham's youtube channel

that wink at the the end. what a little devil that med-i-bot.

i only rewatch the first season of look around you. much funnier for me.

enough of this nonsense though, back to the topic. whens rich going to post the song where he samples "im a little teapot" that he made with his first sampler?

Edited by Kilgore Trout

I do have my doubts about tigercubdelay.

tigercubdelay was played a couple times live. was played at ATP in early 2002, no idea how old it actually is tho, not long after he was playing analord tracks live, and tuss tracks a few years after that all before anything was released

Tigercubdelay might have been part of the battle he had with Autechre around Drane/Bucephalus?

yeah we did the track drane, which had that exponential speeding-up delay thing happening, and then rich did that bouncing ball track, and we answered it with drane2 which was the same delay trick but feeding percussion into it instead, as a kind of tease

he said he made a bouncing ball revenge track to it once but i guess he didn't release it, prob cos we all got better things to do than get into a tricks war