IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

35 minutes ago, cern said:

Why does RDJ like so many strange Brittish old boring programs? No offence or so but is this really kind of intresting? 

If you're of a certain age, yes

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

sampling...

aye this is it i reckon

my youtube suggestions are perpetually in a state of fuckery from constantly looking up random crap to mine sounds from

9 minutes ago, very honest said:

mangle.thumb.gif.66966dd1582d46c56d5f156d8fbd6c5c.gif

Spoiler

705.png

one of those versions is from drukqs reissue but what about the other one?

oh, there's another version in his soundcloud dump? can't quite understand why i don't have it...

edit: nvrmn i'm a dummy... he uploaded it today and you're just making sure everybody understand that they're 2 completely different versions... i agree with you!

Edited by Tim_J

1 minute ago, Tim_J said:
  Reveal hidden contents

705.png

one of those versions is from drukqs reissue but what about the other one?

that's comparing the bleepstore download (flac) from a couple years ago with the mp3 download from the soundcloud one, which is apparently a new upload and one he hadn't put on sc before

i'm not familiar enough with mp3 encoding to say if the waveform differences are attributable to that but the mp3 (yellow outline in the gif) seems to show new detail in some places, which i would not expect if lossy encoding from the same source

3 minutes ago, very honest said:

that's comparing the bleepstore download (flac) from a couple years ago with the mp3 download from the soundcloud one, which is apparently a new upload and one he hadn't put on sc before

i'm not familiar enough with mp3 encoding to say if the waveform differences are attributable to that but the mp3 (yellow outline in the gif) seems to show new detail in some places, which i would not expect if lossy encoding from the same source

you're right they're obviously obvs  2 different tracks...

edit: shit this is a bomber... richard pls make good music again...

Edited by Tim_J

2 hours ago, cern said:

Is the Mangle track the same on Drukqs as on "Rephlexions! An Album of Braindance!"?

No, I think the Rephlexions version is an edited one.

just to be clear, there are two versions of Mangle 11:

• Mangle 11 (Circuit Bent VIP Mix) - the 5:55 version from Rephlexions! released in 2003
  • Mangle 11 (Circuit Bent VIP Mix Promo Edit) - the 3:03 edited version on the Rephlexions! promo, released 2003

the 5:55 version was also released in 2018 as a bonus track on the Drukqs digital reissue, titled "Mangle 11". and this version has also just been uploaded to soundcloud.

Edited by Dragon
  • Like 6
  • Farnsworth 1

so, when you download Mangle from the Aphex Warpstore, It is labeled as track 34 but when you dl and play it, it is designated as 35?

has anyone dl'd the whole album from the warpstore and seen if there's just a mis-numbering or if there's a bonus track in there somewhere?

also when listening to the warpstore and the soundcloud versions next to each other, I don't hear any differences... 

can anyone point to extra___ or missing___ from one to the other at any points in the track?

or is there just slight "mastering" differences (as per the slight variances between the two spectrometer images...)?

7 minutes ago, hayhook said:

also when listening to the warpstore and the soundcloud versions next to each other, I don't hear any differences... 

can anyone point to extra___ or missing___ from one to the other at any points in the track?

or is there just slight "mastering" differences (as per the slight variances between the two spectrometer images...)?

no compositional differences. waveform looks the same when zoomed out. i was just speculating about it being a different mastering.