IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

Reminds me of that 19-year-old from NJ who posted a video of herself going "n****r n****r n****r" late last year, and once the university she was attending got wind of it, they kicked her out. I think it was in NC. I think it was re-posted in this very thread. Forgot her name tho.

I wonder if Americans are a little more nuts because we are bombarded with flouride. Im no chemtrail guy, but maybe

I wonder if Americans are a little more nuts because we are bombarded with flouride. Im no chemtrail guy, but maybe

It's your telly/news/media. It's the kind of thing that I think is obvious to all outsiders.

It's your telly/news/media. It's the kind of thing that I think is obvious to all outsiders.

That's why YouTube has effectively replaced cable TV for me. In fact, I think telly is mainly a baby boomer and elder outlet now. "Reality" TV has corrupted the encouragement of rational thinking the last two decades. Cable companies wanted more views, and in turn more profit, so they wanted to "spice" things up a bit because they assumed the average American has the attention span of a mayfly (which is probably true). That's my theory anyway.

This. When on holidays I got to view actual American networks I was surprised by the amount of nonsense and fear-mongering people are bombarded with. Non stop. That can't be healthy.

That's why YouTube has effectively replaced cable TV for me. In fact, I think telly is mainly a baby boomer and elder outlet now. "Reality" TV has corrupted the encouragement of rational thinking the last two decades. Cable companies wanted more views, and in turn more profit, so they wanted to "spice" things up a bit because they assumed the average American has the attention span of a mayfly (which is probably true). That's my theory anyway.

youtube still pushes a lot of US content & profiles

a lot of wicked documentaries have found their way online through the platform doe, constant surprises cos education & entertainment certainly werent like this as a kid, right thru to i.d'ing long sought after mystery tunes, which was nice

Edited by cwmbrancity