IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

1 hour ago, hijexx said:

I think it's good to be aware of what is happening in society.

This... and if some idiots can get outed and end up losing their jobs for being blatantly racist or overtly hostile, I support these kind of videos making their rounds.

I normally don't support mob justice, but in many situations the cops can't be trusted to deliver/enforce/defend justice. If you legitimately have no reason to fear being on the receiving end of public scrutiny for hate speech or aggression, then there is nothing to worry about. Unfortunately, the reasons why these videos are constantly coming to light is because A) THERE ARE A WHOLE SHITLOADS OF RACISTS that are constantly acting like complete idiots out there and B) it is a clear reflexion of the failures of our current justice system that people need to rely on viral videos to achieve "justice".

Edited by J3FF3R00

Washington Post doing their part in fanning the flames of race war:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/07/02/michigan-woman-gun-video/

They don't even pretend to accurately describe what happened in the video. It's framed as if this is all the white woman's fault.

First, the white woman bumped into Takelia Hill’s teenage daughter. Then, she seemed to try to hit the black Michigan mother with her minivan.

And just moments later, Hill found herself in a suburban Detroit parking lot, staring into the muzzle of a pistol, as the woman aimed her weapon at Hill and yelled for her to move back.

“You f------ jumped behind my car,” the woman said, later shouting, “Back the f--- up!”

The startling confrontation, which was partly caught on camera Wednesday afternoon, quickly went viral overnight. As of early Thursday, video of the confrontation had been viewed about 6 million times on Twitter.

For some viewers, the scene may offer a particularly tedious sense of deja vu: Just days earlier, a white couple in St. Louis gained national attention after they brandished their weapons at a group of protesters, most of whom were black and were walking down the couple’s private street.

This summer, America’s so-called Karens won’t stop at phoning the police about black people. Instead, they are armed, threatening to use their weapons on camera.

St. Louis couple point guns at crowd of protesters calling for mayor to resign

Hill said the dangerous confrontation, which took place on the edge between the communities of Orion Township and Auburn Hills, left her and her three daughters traumatized.

“So this is America,” Hill wrote on Facebook following the incident. “I’ve never in my life had a gun pulled out on me. … I’ve never felt so helpless in my life I’m so shaken up.”

Social media posts from someone identifying as a relative say police arrested the white woman, confiscated her guns and then let her go. The Oakland County Sheriff’s Department did not immediately respond to a request for comment from The Washington Post, which could not confirm the woman’s identity.

Neither Hill nor her 15-year-old daughter, Makayla Green, immediately responded to The Post’s request for comment.

The encounter started with a trip to Chipotle. Around 8 p.m. Wednesday, Makayla was walking through a strip mall on her way to the restaurant as the woman was walking in the other direction. The Detroit News was the first to report on the incident.

When the woman bumped into Makayla, the teenager asked her for an apology. Instead, the woman began yelling expletives.

“I had moved out of the way so she can walk out,” Makayla told the News. “She bumped me and I said, ‘Excuse you.’ And then she started cussing me out, and saying things like I was invading her personal space.”

Scared of what might happen next, the teenager called her mother over. The confrontation escalated and a man got out of a gray minivan and pulled the woman inside, the News reported.

“You cannot just walk around calling white people racist,” the woman said through the car’s passenger-side window. “White people aren’t racist. … I care about you and I’m sorry if you had an incident that has made someone make you feel like that. No one is racist.”

After the woman rolled up her window, Hill worried that the car would hit them while backing out. So she turned around to hit the minivan’s back window.

That’s when the woman jumped out and pulled a gun, hurling expletives and ordering Hill and Makayla to move away from her.

“Get away,” the woman said, increasing in volume as she stepped backward.

Off-camera, Hill instructed someone in her family to call the police as the woman continued yelling and pointing the muzzle of her weapon at the camera.

“She’s got the gun on me. She was about to hit me with the car,” she shouted back, adding that the man inside the car was armed, too. “This is crazy! Trump [is] making it real comfortable."

Moments after the woman climbed back into the minivan, an officer with a weapon drawn arrived on the scene, the News reported.

By that point, the woman was on her hands and knees. An officer picked up a gun on the ground behind her, and another snapped her into handcuffs.

It is unclear how Michigan’s gun laws may apply to the situation. Brandishing a firearm in public is punishable by up to 90 days in jail, a $100 fine or both, except in cases of self-defense or to protect another person.

Who fucking cares? There are literally hundreds of videos of black people having literally racist things happen to them. I couldn't give two fucks if one lady gets triggered into thinking someone is racist. The white lady will be just fucking A-OK. She's not the person to worry about, ultimately.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Braintree said:

Who fucking cares? There are literally hundreds of videos of black people having literally racist things happen to them. I couldn't give two fucks if one lady gets triggered into thinking someone is racist. The white lady will be just fucking A-OK. She's not the person to worry about, ultimately.

So you're cool with racists threatening people then, it's just a free for all. Got it.

• Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, ignatius said:

it doesn't seem normal unless you're in america. someone pulling a gun over some dumb shit is par for the course. seems like saying "ok fine.. look i'm sorry i bumped into your daughter.. didn't mean anything by it. it was an accident" or whatever the fuck happened.. and then just leaving. instead of pulling a gun. the high road doesn't exist in america anymore. 

talking about this shit.. ugh. viewing, analyzing etc all these confrontation videos.. why do i do it? time to stop this behavior. 

Honestly, as a European, it's nothing short of surreal to see all these pics and videos of private citizens waving firearms in each other's faces. It's totally unfathomable. Can't even begin to wrap my head around it.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, hijexx said:

So you're cool with racists threatening people then, it's just a free for all. Got it.

You mean the lady with the gun? Because as far as I can see, the Black lady didn't have a weapon that could easily kill anyone.

A lot of those confrontation videos have black people that go out and contrive an incident with a white woman, post it on twitter, say "Karen" and then try to dox her. They are trying to provoke. I think the lady who pulled the gun had issues anyway but also knew they were up to something weird. You've probably seen this example, with a guy who does this just for attention. His twitter name is fucking wypipo_h8 for fuck's sake. 

This lady was straight up stalked. 

Basically, the people filming can and do make up any kind of racist accusation they want, act threatening towards the "Karen", and post a video of their whereabouts on social media, which actually does put them in real danger. And people are inclined to hate "Karens" these days.

11 hours ago, Nebraska said:

the full video puts things in a different perspective though...

but 2 questions:

1)why is everyone always yelling in America?

2)are we just calling all white women Karen now? I thought it had a specific meaning as in a middle aged woman complaining to management over some trivial thing? 

11 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

the full video puts things in a different perspective though...

but 2 questions:

1)why is everyone always yelling in America?

2)are we just calling all white women Karen now? I thought it had a specific meaning as in a middle aged woman complaining to management over some trivial thing? 

#witchhunt

When will the burning start again?

The 'Karen' thing was always a mistake. From the go, it always felt too misogynist-enabling and prone to over application.

Like, I get it, there is a type out there, but the more broadly you use it the more you dilute it until all that is left is straw man.

Edited by Roo

8 hours ago, Candiru said:

A lot of those confrontation videos have black people that go out and contrive an incident with a white woman, post it on twitter, say "Karen" and then try to dox her. They are trying to provoke. I think the lady who pulled the gun had issues anyway but also knew they were up to something weird. You've probably seen this example, with a guy who does this just for attention. His twitter name is fucking wypipo_h8 for fuck's sake. 

This lady was straight up stalked. 

Basically, the people filming can and do make up any kind of racist accusation they want, act threatening towards the "Karen", and post a video of their whereabouts on social media, which actually does put them in real danger. And people are inclined to hate "Karens" these days.

Well, at the very least this video is making me feel sorry for the woman. Probably not the intended effect.

Also ... what's with singling out white women? Are white men not racist or something?

they are probably more likely to shoot/start fistfighting

Edited by Gocab
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, brian trageskin said:

the moral of the story is do not falsely accuse people of racism and then kick their car (supposedly) anywhere and especially not in the US. expect consequences

20 hours ago, Adamovich said:

18 hours ago, joshuatxuk said:

this one really bothered me, regret watching it

15 hours ago, Gocab said:

spacer.png

11 hours ago, Roo said:

The 'Karen' thing was always a mistake. From the go, it always felt too misogynist-enabling and prone to over application.

Like, I get it, there is a type out there, but the more broadly you use it the more you dilute it until all that is left is straw man.

I did enjoy these people getting called out when they really deserved it, after all this behavior pattern has grim roots in American history. I guess I've been in denial about the misogyny aspect of it, probably because gender roles discourage white men from taking the "I am offended/victimized and demand an immediate response" angle. But I see this dilution already taking place with a couple instances now of a white woman in a fairly mundane dispute that got forcefully escalated. Now that the term is truly mainstream, I guess the dilution is inevitable. 

Strawman or not, I do think it's still a useful idea to discourage white people from being assholes in public, especially to PoCs.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, doublename said:

The whining and the hand-wringing over its use are the whole point. It’s hilarious.

Just seems petty and childish to me, but I guess I shouldn't expect too much from the 4chan/reddit/twitter/fb/ig crowd given the level of political discourse in America (other parts of the world too, but since we're a thread about 'murica).

Like I thought it was originally used to describe women with a complete lack of self-awareness who would want to speak to the manager about too many ice cubes in their ice water with ice, but now it's just lost the humour that was there originally. Just my opinion of course.

20 hours ago, Gocab said:

So the videos on this channel are parodies, right? Actors, or a mixture of actors and some real nutters, right? Or do they not seem like real people to me because they in real life act out roles instead of being genuine? I can't accept this is real. This video for example:

At first I was 100% sure it's a parody but then I read all the comments and found this Vice interview with the guy: https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/epgjaj/all-gas-no-brakes-is-capturing-americas-weird-underbelly-on-an-rv-road-trip

It just can't be real

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, dingformung said:

So the videos on this channel are parodies, right? Actors, or a mixture of actors and some real nutters, right? Or do they not seem like real people to me because they in real life act out roles instead of being genuine? I can't accept this is real. This video for example:

At first I was 100% sure it's a parody but then I read all the comments and found this Vice interview with the guy: https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/epgjaj/all-gas-no-brakes-is-capturing-americas-weird-underbelly-on-an-rv-road-trip

It just can't be real

This is America

• Confused 1
  • Burger 1