IGNORED

Venetian Snares - Traditional Synthesizer Music

WeAreOceans

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

semi-related, interview with Eric André (of the Eric André Show) talks musical ambitions and love of Snares.

handcrafed_artisanal_despair_Page_08_Ima

I’m playing around. I downloaded Ableton and I’ve been making insufferable, un-listenable electronic music on my computer, but just for fun. I do want to start a fake record label and put out a bunch of bullshit music that only I like.

Is there kind of an intersection between the music that you like and the comedy that you perform?

Yeah. I think so, big time. I really like Death Grips and Venetian Snares and really wild and erratic music. I love a lot of the stuff on Stones Throw, J Dilla, Madlib and stuff like that. That’s all the stuff I write too. I write really erratic jazz.

Full interview here: http://splitsider.com/2016/02/eric-andre-treats-his-talk-show-like-a-temp-job/

an interview between André and Aaron would make for awkward television.

semi-related, interview with Eric André (of the Eric André Show) talks musical ambitions and love of Snares.

handcrafed_artisanal_despair_Page_08_Ima

I’m playing around. I downloaded Ableton and I’ve been making insufferable, un-listenable electronic music on my computer, but just for fun. I do want to start a fake record label and put out a bunch of bullshit music that only I like.

Is there kind of an intersection between the music that you like and the comedy that you perform?

Yeah. I think so, big time. I really like Death Grips and Venetian Snares and really wild and erratic music. I love a lot of the stuff on Stones Throw, J Dilla, Madlib and stuff like that. That’s all the stuff I write too. I write really erratic jazz.

Full interview here: http://splitsider.com/2016/02/eric-andre-treats-his-talk-show-like-a-temp-job/

an interview between André and Aaron would make for awkward television.

Haha, this makes total sense. I just met him recently, really down to earth awesome dude when he's not being a maniac.

just gave this a listen. I like it! Doesn't particularly sound like it was made on modular synths, but perhaps that kinda makes it more impressive? Like my friend Refund who can actually compose tracks with movement on a modular instead of just endless squiggly sounds :D

Anyway good stuff! I feel like Snares is settling into a quite nice style lately.. but then again that may just be due to my boredom with breakcore.

Guest bitroast

i think it not sounding particularly modular-synth-y is absolutely why the album is a success (if you enjoy the music.. that is!).

it sounds like the dude is comfortable with the gear and shaping it to his own sound.

very happy with the album. lots of previous albums have hinted at this amidst the more chaotic nature of the music. this album hits the right spots for me : )

my cd says slightly BEST fork tong.... :(

Just wait a decade and see what your misprint will be worth on discogs.

EDIT: On a side note, I ordered this album on February 3rd then it was shipped on the 23rd. I still haven't gotten it in the mail, though. Bit strange, it's nothing worth complaining about, though.

i have two bonus discs but no golden ticket...

wouldn't know what to do with that roland thing anyway

you could give it to me! just started a modular rig last month.

i have two bonus discs but no golden ticket...

wouldn't know what to do with that roland thing anyway

you could give it to me! just started a modular rig last month.

i would have if i won it, maybe next time

two bonus discs of the same thing or?

I wish it was different but same same thing

1 with the vinyl and then another with the cd, my turntable packed in the same day i got the vinyl so i bought the cd aswell

Live dates announced:

13.4 Spain, Barcelona @ Razzmatazz II
14.4 Spain, Madrid @ Chango
15.4 Austria, Graz @ Dom im Berg
17.4 UK, Southport @ Bang Face Weekender
19.4 France, Rouen @ Le 106
20.4 France, Bordeaux @ iBoat
21.4 France, Besancon @ La Rodia
22.4 Belgium, Opwijk @ Nijdrop
23.4 Italy, Rome @ Ex Dogana
24.4 Italy, Venice @ Spazio Aereo
25.4 Italy, Milan @ Magnolia